Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:18 PM

155 posts, read 348,941 times

Advertisements

We got really ill from the mahi mahi at the Golden Lion and avoid it like the plague. Turtle Shack isn't bad but no native seafood. 20 miles to a mall? The closest is Daytona around 35 miles away but it's not really a good experience, kind of dirty and old and not safe after dark. The next closest malls would be The Avenues in Jax and then Jax Town Center; about 50 miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 03:31 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,999,886 times
The only good thing in Palm Coast is Thai by Thai

Old 02-09-2012, 05:09 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,735 times
In my opinion, the major problem with people who come to Florida and decide they don't like it is simple. They expect it to be the mid west or northeast with better weather. If you put your expectations aside, and realize you're in a different latitude, with a different culture, and embrace the change, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:32 PM

"In my opinion, the major problem with people who come to Florida and decide they don't like it is simple. They expect it to be the mid west or northeast with better weather. If you put your expectations aside, and realize you're in a different latitude, with a different culture, and embrace the change, you may be pleasantly surprised." Agreed, 100%! I have lived in Florida and Ohio. When I lived in Florida in the past, it was in South Florida and I loved it. But, finally, after being treated by crap over a period of years by transplants from sorry, but primarily New York and New Jersey, we gave up and moved to Ohio. I came back to Florida, and this time tried the northeast part of the state, hoping to avoid the rudeness and guess what? They're here too! There are difficult, rude folks everywhere. Please folks, when you move to an area like Palm Coast, leave the rude up north.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:36 PM

"The only good thing in Palm Coast is Thai by Thai." Thai Taste, Columbus, Ohio blows it away. Best things about Palm Coast? The weather and lack of traffic in the summer. Worst things? The crowding in the winter, rude people, no shopping, no good restaurants, legions of unemployed, Jersey wannabe thugs.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:44 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,138 times
Who in their right mind would chose OH over FL because they think OH has a better Thai restaurant? Get real. Most of my experiences with rude people in Palm Coast have been on internet forums. In real life, people are very nice.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:25 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,999,886 times
Have fun in your manufactured city with stupid roads, 0 lot lines, cookie cutter houses, no shopping, hardly any restaurants, no history, 14+% unemployment, high foreclosure rates, NY crime starting to come in, and average age of 50+

lol

Old 02-27-2012, 11:28 AM

247 posts, read 266,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by season10 View Post
"The only good thing in Palm Coast is Thai by Thai." Thai Taste, Columbus, Ohio blows it away. Best things about Palm Coast? The weather and lack of traffic in the summer. Worst things? The crowding in the winter, rude people, no shopping, no good restaurants, legions of unemployed, Jersey wannabe thugs.

I second this. I moved to Palm Coast and finished a full 4 years at Flagler Palm Coast High School. Too many um...wannabes there. I've met students who say their from New York or the typical "Bronx" area. So I'm like: "Hmm, how did a kid like you get from the Bronx all the way down to Palm Coast???"
But then again, I'm from Salem, Massachusetts...
Those "New Yorkers" make fun of me cause I have that "ah" sound when I say Starbucks or car. But yet, I know they try too hard to sound like they're from New York.

I'm originally from New England, and can tell real New York accents from fake ones. The wannabes who claim they're from New York put on fake accents, it's ridiculous.

Anyways, back on topic(LOL): Palm Coast is a pretty quiet city. I live close to the Holland Memorial Park, the most populated park in all Palm Coast(so I'm told). If you want some fun with the family, go to the Town Center next to the Flagler High School. There's lots of good stores there. I spend most of my time at Books A Million.

If anyone has ever been to the St. John's Town Center that's kind of close to the Jacksonville Airport, I wish they did something like that near the EPIC Theaters since they have soo much wasted open space back there.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,259 times
Hi, my husband and I moved to Palm Coast 6 years ago. We enjoy a short ride to the beach, and attractions in Daytona and Orlando, Christmas in St Augustine. We have a beautiful home which can now be duplicated for a much affordable price than when we moved here. We are both professionals. I worked for years in the ER and know the area well. We live in the R section. It is absolute fiction to claim there is a problem with crime there. I know many officers from the ER and this is pure fiction. The R section has alot of bargen properties due to the fallout of the building era with lots of homes not yet settled into. We had alot of renters but now houses are selling again. The elementary school is A rated and brand new=Rymfire elementary. Not only do I live safely and happily here, so do many of the nurses I work with. Palm Coast is recovering and houses are selling like hotcakes. Trust me, everytime we try to purchase an investment property in the R section it is sold or has multiple offers. Grab one while you can and start enjoying quality of life. Don't pay taxes for a golf course if you're not going to use it. Good luck.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:37 PM

I have a feeling tired of fiction is a realtor. Anyway, it's bike week here again! It overflows from Daytona and Ormond. The cultural event of the season. The bars are full, the camp grounds are full, the roads will be full of mayhem soon! Just when the weather finally gets nice, we have bike week and biketoberfest. Why the heck, if the powers that be want to improve this area, would they encourage this crap? A model would be Ft Lauderdale and the renaissance and clean up in that area. Send bike week and bikefest in october to NSB or Palatka.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida