Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:21 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times

Advertisements

Its legal to make a right on red unless otherwise stated by signs. Sometimes there will be two turn lanes side by side going right and the far inner right lane (closest to the side walk) will be able to turn on red after making sure the path is clear while the lane next to it also making a right hand turn will have a sign that will say "No turn on red this lane" ... Btw I flip out too on people who don't make the rights on red and just wait for the green. Its a waste of time and usually if not always the road is completely open for them to make the turn and they sit there like a lump.I usually lay on my horn till the move. Drives me insane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 03:50 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Its legal to make a right on red unless otherwise stated by signs. Sometimes there will be two turn lanes side by side going right and the far inner right lane (closest to the side walk) will be able to turn on red after making sure the path is clear while the lane next to it also making a right hand turn will have a sign that will say "No turn on red this lane" ... Btw I flip out too on people who don't make the rights on red and just wait for the green. Its a waste of time and usually if not always the road is completely open for them to make the turn and they sit there like a lump.I usually lay on my horn till the move. Drives me insane
Really? In all the parts of Florida I've been I've never seen one that says no right on red from only the inside lane.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:50 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Really? In all the parts of Florida I've been I've never seen one that says no right on red from only the inside lane.
yep we have several here in Naples. They are seen a lot when you get off the highway turning onto a Main Rd.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:26 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
They have here in Miami, I live down the street from one.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:40 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,141 times
If there are cameras at the intersection, make sure you come to a complete stop before turning right. I know of a person who got a $150 ticket in the mail for not coming to a complete stop. If it's green obviously you can keep rolling.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:21 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
As others have said, no sign posted and you're at a red light and turning right = stop, look, proceed when safe, regardless of whether it's an arrow or solid light.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:33 AM

392 posts, read 1,260,834 times
This is taken directly from Florida's Driver Handbook....

Red Arrow
Just like a red light, come to a complete stop at the marked stop line or before moving into the crosswalk or intersection.
After stopping, you may turn right on a red arrow at most intersections if the way is clear. Some intersections display a "NO TURN ON RED" sign, which you must obey. Left turns on a red arrow from a one-way street into a one-way street are also allowed

Old 02-16-2012, 01:37 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They have here in Miami, I live down the street from one.
Hmm mind sharing where about that is? Only one I can think of is leaving the Dolphin Mall at the entrance right across from International Mall. Definitely legal for both right turn lanes to go on red unless its changed since 2007 when I lived there.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Hmm mind sharing where about that is? Only one I can think of is leaving the Dolphin Mall at the entrance right across from International Mall. Definitely legal for both right turn lanes to go on red unless its changed since 2007 when I lived there.
going north on US1/ Brickell Ave, where it takes a right onto Biscayne Blvd Way, on the corner of the Epic.

There is another I ran into maybe it was one of those exits off of I-95, perhaps glades or Ives Dairy? I do not know, but I know I ran into sometime.

Oh yes, another one in PBC getting off I-95 N, one of the exits before Gateway.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:17 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,141 times
Here is another thing you all need to watch out for. You know when you're making a left off of a major road, it's green but not an arrow so you wait for the oncoming traffic to clear. Well, if it turns red and you're still waiting in the intersection for the cars to clear, you'll get a ticket. But obviously you don't want to turn right into the oncoming cars and get broad-sided. Solution: Only approach the intersection on a green arrow, other than that wait behind the line for the next left turn arrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida