Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 06:03 PM

10,231 posts, read 6,315,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Ok I've not seen fl people wearing scarves and gloves in the 60's but if the did so what? Btw my husbands town in ME got almost 18 inches from the last blizzard not more than a week ago with wind chills in the negative teens .. That more to ur liking? There must be SOME reason ur down here or with all the bashing you do to Naples and FloriDUH as you put it you'd be long gone... Look at the OP's and the prices he's paying yp there between rent taxes heating etc... If that isn't enough reason to move down here with a big ole DUH attached the I dunno what is... Btw us foridians are outside bbqing and enjoying ourselvers in the upper 80s and 90's .. You seem to complain that when it gets that hot that you can't do anything.. Whats up with the New YUCKers and all that moaning? Jeez.....

Actually, I would prefer MAINE (lovely place) to Florida. It gets a hell of a lot more snow than LI does. Well, not Portland. COASTLINES don't. Did they tell you that in Naples schools? Of course ALL of the NE gets the SAME amount of snow.

Actually, I do enjoy watching all the SNOWBIRDS, you TRANSPLANTS, freezing your you know what off since the temps HAVE been cool here. It has been in the 50s at night a number of nights. Deny that too??????? I sit outside at night in my pj's while the neighbors are covering up their pools and sitting SIDE with their FIREPLACE (?????) on.

I am very sorry that Chris had to come back. Come this summer, let's see what he is saying. Personally, I think he should have looked into other places in the USA to move to. FLORIDA is NOT THE center of the universe. It's a big country out there with other places with moderate temps and reasonable cost of living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 07:00 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Actually, I would prefer MAINE (lovely place) to Florida. It gets a hell of a lot more snow than LI does. Well, not Portland. COASTLINES don't. Did they tell you that in Naples schools? Of course ALL of the NE gets the SAME amount of snow.

Actually, I do enjoy watching all the SNOWBIRDS, you TRANSPLANTS, freezing your you know what off since the temps HAVE been cool here. It has been in the 50s at night a number of nights. Deny that too??????? I sit outside at night in my pj's while the neighbors are covering up their pools and sitting SIDE with their FIREPLACE (?????) on.

I am very sorry that Chris had to come back. Come this summer, let's see what he is saying. Personally, I think he should have looked into other places in the USA to move to. FLORIDA is NOT THE center of the universe. It's a big country out there with other places with moderate temps and reasonable cost of living.
I'm aware coastlines don't get snow, however not all of maines population lives coastal .. I hope you have nothing less than a PHD with how amazing schools r in NY ! Anything less and I think we r all gonna be disappointed. Why do you have such a holier than thou attitude about being able to withstand the cold. Is that the only thing that rules your life? Do you judge everyone but how well they withstand the weather? The colder they can stand it the better a person they are? Plz take it elsewhere , and perhaps YOU should have found another place in the US if its that large and grand to live .. 75 runs a good ways north Hun! Chris I'm glad you're back no one enjoys extreme heat so don't feel bad for complaining some we all do but come this time of year we know who the smarter ones r

Old 02-26-2012, 07:06 PM

261 posts, read 357,351 times
Chris this should make you feel good. just came back from my parents house and it was 17 degrees out. As in nose-hair freezing weather. I had to pull my fur boots on over my wool socks and put on my fur jacket. They live half a mile down the road. Mom said she started to walk to my place today but it was too cold.

So take a walk somewhere where there are palm trees and sunny skies and enjoy your move! As your walking remember, you could be in a place where your nose hairs are frozen!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyskies1 View Post
Chris this should make you feel good. just came back from my parents house and it was 17 degrees out. As in nose-hair freezing weather. I had to pull my fur boots on over my wool socks and put on my fur jacket. They live half a mile down the road. Mom said she started to walk to my place today but it was too cold.

So take a walk somewhere where there are palm trees and sunny skies and enjoy your move! As your walking remember, you could be in a place where your nose hairs are frozen!
From what i understand of Chris's story weather had nothing to do with his decision to return .

Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 AM

261 posts, read 357,351 times
jambo I looked through his posts and you are correct. I was projecting.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:48 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,229 times
Yeah, not a weather thing at all. I don't like extreme cold OR extreme heat. No Florida is not the center of the universe, but it is a place I KNOW well, I can find work easily in my line of work. Why would I move someplace where I know nothing about. IT'S NOT A WEATHER THING..... Jeez...

Old 02-27-2012, 08:11 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,787,713 times
It is like a celebrity has moved into the neighborhood.

Welcome back.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
It is like a celebrity has moved into the neighborhood.

Welcome back.
LOL.... A C-D celebrity? yeah right.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
LOL.... A C-D celebrity? yeah right.
So by "don't even say it" are were referring to "I told you so" ? I'm confused

Old 02-27-2012, 03:15 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
in MISSISSIPPI than in the Ft. Myers/Naples.

I'd certainly hope it would be cheaper in Mississippi than FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida