Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 05:14 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,519,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I will forever believe that if GZ didn't have the gun he would not have gotten out of his car and Trayvon would still be alive today...I don't think I am over simplifying anything!
Guilty or not Zimmerman brought all of this on himself. He has a long history of getting involved when it's not needed.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Unfortunately, it is the world we live in. Criminals have guns, will always have guns, use guns to commit crimes on a regular basis. The average citizen has every right to be able to protect him or herself from these criminals and also be able to save their own lives if in a situation where deadly force is the only solution.

Apparently your thought train is stuck on the Z walks up to M and blasts him in the chest. You seem to block out the fact that there was an altercation between the two with M attacking Z. Why can't you see that part?

Quote:
I rather not live in a world where I have to carry a gun to buy a quart of milk or bring it to a family function...I guess I walk on the wild side LOL! I also don't want to live in a world where my 17 year old son goes to the store for skittles and a soft drink and gets shot dead by a Dickless Tracy! But I appear to be in the minority!Trayvon was doing nothing wrong but walking to his father's home! That this should befall him is an outrage! There is no rewriting of history that can change the fact that a young man is dead! I am not a liberal...I'm a human being that doesn't think this country is served well by this kill or be killed mentality! As for Trayvon's mother she is being used as a tool for opportunists like Sharpton and company who exploit situations for their own gain,I feel nothing for pain for the poor woman!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:55 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
I rather not live in a world where I have to carry a gun to buy a quart of milk or bring it to a family function...I guess I walk on the wild side LOL! I also don't want to live in a world where my 17 year old son goes to the store for skittles and a soft drink and gets shot dead by a Dickless Tracy! But I appear to be in the minority!Trayvon was doing nothing wrong but walking to his father's home! That this should befall him is an outrage! There is no rewriting of history that can change the fact that a young man is dead! I am not a liberal...I'm a human being that doesn't think this country is served well by this kill or be killed mentality! As for Trayvon's mother she is being used as a tool for opportunists like Sharpton and company who exploit situations for their own gain,I feel nothing for pain for the poor woman!
You don't have to carry a gun, but the fact that others can carry one serves to protect you to some extent, by making the would be criminals think twice about harming you. I live in a state that makes it next to impossible to get a concealed carry permit, unless you are politically connected. If they would change the law to a "shall" issue system, I probably still wouldn't get a permit, but I would still benefit from it.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,526 times
You dont know what Trayvon decided!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
When Trayvon decided he "wasn't going down without a fight."
Liberals!

Old 04-27-2012, 01:18 PM

Don't hold your breath waiting to see that apology. Just what false allegations have his parents made by the way? How do you know them to be false? Just curious. You seem to have ALL of the answers.

Quote:
But it is OK for others to state their take on the situation?
Yes, the truth will come to light thanks to the judicial system.
I can't wait to see Trayvon's parents apologizing for all the false allegations
they raised along with Sharpton and the rest of the crew. Think that will happen should in fact Z be found innocent?

Old 04-27-2012, 01:21 PM

What about them? Hopefully we will see and hear from the eyewitnesses during the trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
What about the eye witness that has been quoted in the papers ? It seems like everyone just discounts that.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:29 PM

The same part that you can't see....the part where you weren't there and you dont know that M attacked Z or not. The same part that's stuck in your head that your right winged mindset is right and you believe every word that has come out of Z's mouth as if you were there and saw it with your own eyes.

Quote:
Apparently your thought train is stuck on the Z walks up to M and blasts him in the chest. You seem to block out the fact that there was an altercation between the two with M attacking Z. Why can't you see that part?

Old 04-27-2012, 03:09 PM

I can see fine. You're right, I was not there and neither were you or anyone else commenting on this case. However, common sense must prevail.

Z would have no reason or motivation to walk up to M and put a bullet in his chest. Z was protecting his life, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NALEXAND View Post
The same part that you can't see....the part where you weren't there and you dont know that M attacked Z or not. The same part that's stuck in your head that your right winged mindset is right and you believe every word that has come out of Z's mouth as if you were there and saw it with your own eyes.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:11 PM

And neither does the poster who brought up that theory.

Nobody knows anything, but many are stating Z murdered M
when that is the most improbable scenario.

Quote:
You dont know what Trayvon decided!

Old 04-27-2012, 03:12 PM

The false allegation is simply that M was murdered by Z.

I don't have any of the answers. I just do not see a regular guy shooting someone dead for no reason more than he was in his gated community.
This was self defense, 100 percent.

Quote:
Don't hold your breath waiting to see that apology. Just what false allegations have his parents made by the way? How do you know them to be false? Just curious. You seem to have ALL of the answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida