Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:44 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
If he had not been carrying his weapon, legally by the way, and was jumped by someone who was smashing the back of his head into the ground, illegally, he may be brain dead or worse today and Mr. Martin on trial for the attack. However, not a peep would be made outside the local crime log in the Sanford Herald would have ever been heard.

Universal law of unintended consequences? I do not see how it applies to this situation. I am aware of Merton.

If Mr. Martin was innocent he wouldn't be dead.
You forgot to preface that with what you assume happened since there are no facts to show that.

Let's just stop beating around the bush and have you admit you'd assume any black kid walking with a hood on is up to no good. Hopefully unlike your SH buddy you'd just over react and call 911 instead of going after him.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:48 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
George Zimmerman’s crude Myspace page from 2005 uncovered - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Old 05-02-2012, 11:58 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
and?.....................

Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
If he had not been carrying his weapon, legally by the way, and was jumped by someone who was smashing the back of his head into the ground, illegally, he may be brain dead or worse today and Mr. Martin on trial for the attack. However, not a peep would be made outside the local crime log in the Sanford Herald would have ever been heard.

Universal law of unintended consequences? I do not see how it applies to this situation. I am aware of Merton.

What crime was TM commiting walking to his father's home???I don't get your point that TM was guilty of anything??No one outside of TM and GZ knows what happend...and one is dead and the other has a good reason to lie! Wait till all the facts come to light about GZ...events like this rarely happen in a vacuum...I think by the time the trial starts many GZ supporters will be in for a rude awakening!

Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,641 times
I can understand a parent desire for justice. However, young people cannot commit criminal assault and other crimes without risk. We see almost every day young people across the country doing crimes seemingly without concern. This has to stop.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:51 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
The court will not note that tvon was just going home, the prosecuting atty. may. I think if they try and play this as a "because he was black" issue it will probably backfire on them. I think the defense atty will also make note of witness testimony stating tvon was on top of zman beating him.

I don't think the defense atty needs to be creative, just present the facts good.
We know who was following whom.

I don't know that T was beating Z, but if they were close and fighting and Z took out his gun, you betcha T would have been fighting for his life.

If someone were following me and took out a gun and I was close enough to know running was out of the question, I think I would be fighting, too.

What other choice do I have? Stopping and putting my hands up to a guy who was following me with a gun? Praying that he meant me well? I think not.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Your interpretation of the law is not what a court would uphold.

First of all, the 'I don't like the way you look...bang, bang your dead' theory would certainly not meet the test of the law. It may be simple to invoke the law on your behalf, but it is much more difficult to prove that you used deadly force in order to protect yourself, or someone else.

Witnesses? Good killers NEVER leave witnesses.

As far as the scenario of "I don't like the way you look"...bang, bang your dead" unfolds often in many U.S. cities and towns on a regular basis.
That's exactly what happened, wasn't it?

Old 05-02-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:

If he had no weapon the fight might not have started.
If he had no weapon, Tray might have run to his dad's house.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:57 PM

What "might" have been is not what will ever be and we must deal with what we do have. The whole question needs to remain:

Did Z have the right to apply deadly force. If the answer is yes, he goes free. If the answer is no, he gets manslaughter.

He did rightfully and legally posses the weapon. Again, the question is
did he have to right to use deadly force.

Personal emotions may run deep in a matter such as this, but the legal standing of Mr. Z is what is at question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
If he had no weapon the fight might not have started.
If he had no weapon, Tray might have run to his dad's house.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:59 PM

Why label Z a "killer" in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
That's exactly what happened, wasn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida