Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 07:39 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
After listening to all the legal "experts" last night, 1st degree was out of the question, with 2nd degree they are hoping he would be scared enough to plea to a lesser charge (if it is offered, which it probably won't be) and the jury can find on any of the lesser charges as well.

Did anybody catch that TM's mother said that she now thinks it was an accident...what the heck??? And that all she wanted was for him to be arrested and for him to say he was sorry. What??? Does she realize that a person does not get arrested for an accident. This really bothered me when I heard it (I think she was on GMA or one of the morning shows). If she wants public support, she has to understand that the feelings of the family carry alot of weight and have to be very strong against Zimmerman, and it sounds like she is waivering, maybe she is feeling guilty or because of her religious beliefs she is backing off now.
People get arrested for accidents all the time if there's a possible criminal outcome from the accident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 08:53 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
In all honesty it probably was an accident, but I can only speculate, but a manslaughter charge does seem fair.

The facts should come to light, and with these facts the jurors can make a decision.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:18 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Listening to the prosecutor ramble on she did say she has prosecuted many stand your ground cases most of them had the accused walking at the end of the case, i'd suspect the same outcome in this case,
Sorry for the inconvenience MrZ you're free to go .

Old 04-13-2012, 05:02 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
To someone unarmed , even display of a firearm would be enough to get my feet moving in an altercation...you're exactly right it's not going to be like in the movies, I would be setting records for the fastest zig-zag 40 yrd dash. It would be like watching Barry Sanders in his prime with the Lions.
When the person is banging your head on the concrete, I don't think waving the pistol at him is going to work. The other person would most probably attempt to take it away then not just get up and run away.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:10 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Listening to the prosecutor ramble on she did say she has prosecuted many stand your ground cases most of them had the accused walking at the end of the case, i'd suspect the same outcome in this case,
Sorry for the inconvenience MrZ you're free to go .
Innocent or not he could have easily avoided the situation he's in. His history shows he was more than willing to put himself in these suttuations.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:14 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Hey, I feel for the woman and can't imagine what she's going thru... but she was speaking quite clearly for the last 4 weeks and never mentioned the word "accident" anytime I saw her speak, nor did he husband. She should know the whole world is watching. The word 'accident" shouldn't be in her vocabulary and I'm sure her lawyers will tell her that. An accident is a mishap...we're talking murder here. Fate isn't a good word either because that implies that no one had any control over what went on and the outcome, which is hardly the case. I'm certainly not condemning her for an innocent mistake but I hope they realize they are involved in what will be one of the biggest murder trials since Casey Anthony and OJ. I can only picture GZ's friend on TV tonight saying...see even TM's mother thinks it was an accident...you know they will run with it.
So you have already made up your mind without hearing all the evidence?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Innocent or not he could have easily avoided the situation he's in. His history shows he was more than willing to put himself in these suttuations.
To add to all the speculation.
MrZ certainly could have called out and identified himself as the neighborhood watch captain or fired a warning shot when it looked as if a confrontation was inevitable or shot a non fatal shot,was MrZ walking around with the gun in his hand? if so Treyvon seeing this may have had no choice but to fight for his life. Also the yelling for help is puzzling as if it was just a fight i dont think yelling for help would have came into the picture as both combatants were somewhat physically on par with each other but trying to stop a guy from shooting you as you fight to hold off his gun would definitely get the yells for help happening..

Old 04-13-2012, 10:40 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
To add to all the speculation.
MrZ certainly could have called out and identified himself as the neighborhood watch captain or fired a warning shot when it looked as if a confrontation was inevitable or shot a non fatal shot,was MrZ walking around with the gun in his hand? if so Treyvon seeing this may have had no choice but to fight for his life. Also the yelling for help is puzzling as if it was just a fight i dont think yelling for help would have came into the picture as both combatants were somewhat physically on par with each other but trying to stop a guy from shooting you as you fight to hold off his gun would definitely get the yells for help happening..

So would trying to avoid having to resort to shooting someone beating your head into the sidewalk. It can go either way IF you bother to consider both possibilities.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:43 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit "Irresponsible And Unethical" | RealClearPolitics

It apperas the special prosecuter is stacking the deck against Zimmerman by withholding information in the probable cause affidavit that might be favorable to discarding an indightment.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:02 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times
Dershowitz has never met a guilty man in his life...he thinks everybody is innocent (including OJ). He is a brilliant man but has complete tunnel vision.

Treyvon's mother and father were interviewed on NG last night and she cleared up the "accident" comment that she had made earlier and they were quite careful with their words. I feel so sorry for these people...this situation never had to happen. Trayvon lost his life and GZ's life will never be the same, no matter what the outcome. All for what???? Absolutely nothing...there wasn't even a crime in progress when all this started.

Information coming out that prosecutor's affidavit states that GZ had profiled TM, also that TM did run from GZ at some point. I'm not sure if this affidavit is public but I'd like to read in its entirety.

Just a question (not making any judgements on GZ), we know he has a father...but haven't heard anything about a mother or any siblings, girlfriends, etc. Did he live alone, do we know where he worked or what he did for a living? He seems all alone in this world. He's a young guy...like 26? The two people who have come forward on his behalf seem alot older than him. I wonder if he had friends his own age. We don't really know much about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: