Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 01:37 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,175,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestEngr View Post
There really is no comparison, to pick between PC and Orlando is picking between apples and oranges - just very different things. Palm Coast is rural, far from airports, not the best health care like many rural areas they struggle with that, has no universities, and is perhaps not that known for beaches either. Orlando has many things but also adds some traffic. Orlando has great latin food places of most kinds, also has good asian food, and has more jobs if you need part or full time work. Orlando will be more expensive of course but that depends on what you want.

Yeah it's a no brainier, I agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 02:38 PM

3 posts, read 7,061 times
Default "SOME" traffic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestEngr View Post
There really is no comparison, to pick between PC and Orlando is picking between apples and oranges - just very different things. Palm Coast is rural, far from airports, not the best health care like many rural areas they struggle with that, has no universities, and is perhaps not that known for beaches either. Orlando has many things but also adds some traffic. Orlando has great latin food places of most kinds, also has good asian food, and has more jobs if you need part or full time work. Orlando will be more expensive of course but that depends on what you want.
"Orlando has many things but also adds SOME traffic?" Compared to Palm Coast? Really?

Old 05-02-2012, 04:17 PM

85 posts, read 158,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJCT View Post
Hello everyone...this is my first ever post on city-data. So here is a little of my background. Currently, I live in Connecticut. I can't stand it here! EVERYTHING here is too expensive! I got married about a year and a half ago, and my wife and I are considering a move down south. I've been to Florida many many times and I absolutely love it. I have spent alot of time in Vero Beach and it's beautiful. Only drawback with vero is that there isn't much to do, but I kind of like that small town feel.

We have been looking at palm coast and the Orlando area. I don't really know muh about palm coast but I have been there a couple times and I like the proximity to the beach. My wife and I are also Portuguese and know that there is a large Portuguese population in palm coast. As for Orlando, we've been looking in the dr. Phillips area and I have read good things about the school system and it seems relatively safe. Where should we go? My wife is in nursing school and I would like to try and get into law enforcement. In CT, there isn't much available for anything involving law enforcement now and there won't be anytime soon. Thanks in advance for your help!
That is all I would focus on but that is just me....
Also I know it is not the palm coast but I think St Pete is hiring law enforcement officers...

Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 PM

81 posts, read 188,633 times
Palm Coast is turning into pit city. Believe me, we live here. There are No jobs. Make sure you do Not come here without secure jobs. We live in one of the best "sections" and some of the neighbors are very questionable. Gun-slingers...oh yeah. The housing market seems to be leveling out a bit. But most areas are questionable. Rent first.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:49 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,175,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJCT View Post
Hello everyone...this is my first ever post on city-data. So here is a little of my background. Currently, I live in Connecticut. I can't stand it here! EVERYTHING here is too expensive! I got married about a year and a half ago, and my wife and I are considering a move down south. I've been to Florida many many times and I absolutely love it. I have spent alot of time in Vero Beach and it's beautiful. Only drawback with vero is that there isn't much to do, but I kind of like that small town feel.

We have been looking at palm coast and the Orlando area. I don't really know muh about palm coast but I have been there a couple times and I like the proximity to the beach. My wife and I are also Portuguese and know that there is a large Portuguese population in palm coast. As for Orlando, we've been looking in the dr. Phillips area and I have read good things about the school system and it seems relatively safe. Where should we go? My wife is in nursing school and I would like to try and get into law enforcement. In CT, there isn't much available for anything involving law enforcement now and there won't be anytime soon. Thanks in advance for your help!

Not to scare you but be aware the state of Florida has been number 1 in cop killings last three years. South St. Pete is rough, Tampa is Rough, Miami Dade PD is rough, Miami PD is rough, Palm Coast PD goes through alot and Ft. Myers PD. But any other precincts you will be okay, always assuming to assume the risk of danger anyway!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:44 AM

85 posts, read 158,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Not to scare you but be aware the state of Florida has been number 1 in cop killings last three years. South St. Pete is rough, Tampa is Rough, Miami Dade PD is rough, Miami PD is rough, Palm Coast PD goes through alot and Ft. Myers PD. But any other precincts you will be okay, always assuming to assume the risk of danger anyway!
Orlando is the worst they execute cops everyday the neighborhood watch people aim for cops heads

Old 05-17-2012, 10:51 PM

191 posts, read 629,418 times
Palm coast has it's portuguese community small city feel not much goig on.. Orlando more opportunity more crime... Being portuguese myself and lived in palm coast it wasn't for me but it might be for u..

Old 05-23-2012, 09:04 PM

168 posts, read 392,015 times
I would say Palm Coast...exciting cities are not too far away (Orlando and Jax) but Palm Coast is a nice place to live...if you want to build or a great contact in Palm Coast email me and I'll put you in touch with people who will get you acquainted with the area. Orlando is oppressively hot because it is the center most part of the state. The traffic drives me crazy; the highways make no sense. I like to zip through Orlando or go to Disney or to visit friends but other than that I try to stay in the coastal communities.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 PM

Another thought....you might want to check out both Citrus and Marion counties (for law enforcement and nursing jobs); low crime rate. If you have kids in school and you choose Citrus you'll want to check out the Lecanto schools.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:10 PM

I should've read all your posts and responded one time; sorry for the multiple posts....re: hurricanes...please tell your wife 1. You are given DAYS notice before one comes ashore, no kidding. I grew up in St. Petersburg and seriously you get an emergency box together and check the weather a couple of days. Also, the most dangerous area (just my opinion) is from the Gulf of Mexico TOWARD the Tallahassee area....most hurricanes that come through the Gulf coast area ricochet off and around and head to Texas and LA...just my experience though. BUT..with that said I think she would be more afraid of the crime stats in Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida