Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 07:20 AM

663 posts, read 1,145,728 times

Advertisements

I would really like to hear from fl keys residents.
I currently live in Treasure Island fl in a water front home, 4 blocks from the beach. Treasure Island is a small town in the Tampa metro. It is just my wife and me(and 2 dogs). I love our little town, plenty of stuff within biking distance, quiet, and beautiful beaches.
The two things I am looking to improve on are: the weather, it gets entirely too cold here for me and my wife. We are both very intolerant of the cold. And the water. The gulf has beautiful clear water, but very little structure. I love spending as much time as possible in or on he water. We have No snorkeling or diving to speak of. I do realize beaches are hard to come by in the Keys.

I will be retiring in the next 5 to 10 years and I am considering islamorada or Marathon. I plan on paying cash for a home, but that will leave me little in the way of savings. My pension will be about $5000 a month. The wife will continue to work. She has worked in the hotel business for the last 10 years, so I don't think getting work will be a problem.

I wanted know how keys residents feel about living there. Do you really enjoy it? Are you able to at least ride a bike to a couple local bars or restaurants, or are those type of nieghborhoods far and few between? Will my pension be enough to live comfortably? Since I am already a Fl resident and have Some idea what living here is about, do you think it is the right move for me or will I regret it?
Heat and humidity is not an issue.

Thanks for any replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida