Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,889 times

Advertisements

My guy and i are looking to move here. He is recently going to be getting out of the navy and the school that he wants to go to is located in this town. Ive looked up a lot of things including rent and the beach... we are both from California and Florida seems nice. Anybody have suggestions on what to look for or not to? i work in the restaurant business, any jobs in this town? We are pretty mellow, he likes his bikes, i surf. Seems like a good place??? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 08:00 PM

13,615 posts, read 7,927,714 times
I grew up in Ormond Beach. It is definitely a nice town. There really aren't any bad parts within the city limits. There are some restaurants in Ormond, but the majority of them are in Daytona Beach, which is an easy commute.

He will definitely find plenty of people with similar motorcycle interests, and there are plenty of surfers too. But, be preprared for some disappointment because the waves are nothing compared to California.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:24 PM

501 posts, read 1,882,173 times
Default Local Advice

Ormond is mostly older and suburban. Downtown Daytona has more going on and worth checking out. You might find local restaurant jobs seasonal, so you might consider checking out chains in this area that you can land in CA, then transfer here.

Here's my post on local surfing info w/links:
//www.city-data.com/forum/flori...l#post20075830

Good Luck!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:09 PM

732 posts, read 968,774 times
I lived in Ormond Beach for awhile. It is basically a quiet place to have kids, not so much a place to do lots of things really, but not far from other things too. There are a few resturants, but that whole area is not exactly a huge restaurant area. I don't know anybody that disliked Ormond Beach after living there. We might have stayed because we liked it, but of course jobs kind of caused us to move. Ormond is the quiet area of Volusia county, it is nothing like its neighbor Daytona in some ways but then it is smaller. I stopped in there the other day and there are a lot of newer developments since we lived there but it is never going to be a big place. It stays quiet because people want it that way I guess.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:13 PM

6 posts, read 12,109 times
I live in Ormond. What everyone has said is pretty much true. It's a quieter alternative to Daytona Beach. There are a normal amount of restaurants here for the size city. There is a Joes Crab Shack that will be opening in Daytona Beach later this year so they will be hiring a lot of people. In fact they've already started looking: www.simplyhired.com

Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,889 times
Hey! thanks everybody! Yeah i know the waves arent gonna be as good, ive accepted that LOL. We are relly excited. Everyone seems to be positive about ormond! thanks for all your input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida