Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 01:41 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,165,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoty View Post
Honestly, the snowbirds don't bother me. Its the ones that move here permanently and then whine about Florida not being enough like NY, and then actively working to change our state that get on my nerves.
You mean the ones trying to bring the school system up to par, paying exorbitant real estate taxes that are used to improve the highway system, buying professional sports teams so they don't leave the state, bringing their businesses to Florida to augment the economy, taking their undergraduate and graduate degrees from NY and trying to improve the level of professionalism in Florida ... you mean those New Yorkers ?

I'd be intimidated as well if i didn't measure up ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 02:47 PM

334 posts, read 1,146,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
You mean the ones trying to bring the school system up to par, paying exorbitant real estate taxes that are used to improve the highway system, buying professional sports teams so they don't leave the state, bringing their businesses to Florida to augment the economy, taking their undergraduate and graduate degrees from NY and trying to improve the level of professionalism in Florida ... you mean those New Yorkers ?

Yes sir, you figured it out. I should know my place better. I may have both a Bachelors degree and Masters degree in engineering, but sometimes I forget in my small hillbilly head that they ain't proper degrees since they didn't come from fancy New York schools. Please accept my humble apology, My Lord. You clearly know what's best for me and my fellow Floridians.

And since I cain't tell yer gender on this here forum, I do sincerely apologize if you happen to be a Lady instead of a Lord. I hope any disrespect on my part doesn't stop you and your other higher class, intelligent New York friends from coming down here and fixing this mess our redneck stupidity has put us in.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 AM

168 posts, read 392,111 times
THIS is EXACTLY the attitude Floridians can do without. UF is one notch below Ivy league and was long before any NY'ers came down here.
Every state has improvements that are needed; self righteous attitudes never see that. Most Floridians I know would gladly pack up every NY'er (and their money) who have attitudes like yours and move ya'll back to NY. I have friend from NY; good friends and over the years I have been amused at how they think they are the center of the country, and that everyone wants to be in NY. I have heard 'if you can make it in NY you can make it anywhere' forever...my rebuttle is, yes that is true but there are more PEACEFUL places that bring you to the same path. Florida has done just fine for many, many years and I would prefer to go back to the 70's and 80's where we had snowbirds trashing our land (and us picking up after them) than having to pick up the attitude you display. I don't want to fight with you or insult you but your attitude is not nor ever will be welcome by Floridians; your money isn't wanted either if this is the price to pay. The improvements you think you have made are all in vain.

Quote:

Old 05-30-2012, 08:16 AM

168 posts, read 392,111 times
I am so glad you had it in you to state this. I almost wanted all my
previous comments pulled from this thread because I was concerned it would cause conflict but it finally came out. We have many college educated professionals who have lived their entire lives here and have made wonderful contributions. The comments about our schools always get to me because there is improvement needed but the NY schools are in no better shape; the reason concerned parents have to pay $20k in addition to their high taxes to get their kids into private schools to do the job their districts, or many of them, are not doing. Thanks for sharing ever so bluntly what many of us feel; I tried to be polite and peaceful even with comments I didn't agree with (how do we know the Pilgrims trashed this country when they first arrived?! unbelievable!) just to peacefully make a point.

At the heart of the matter is we are all Americans and we shouldn't divide over issues like this but it is so annoying to take it all the time from the Northeasters that are rude.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoty View Post
Yes sir, you figured it out. I should know my place better. I may have both a Bachelors degree and Masters degree in engineering, but sometimes I forget in my small hillbilly head that they ain't proper degrees since they didn't come from fancy New York schools. Please accept my humble apology, My Lord. You clearly know what's best for me and my fellow Floridians.

And since I cain't tell yer gender on this here forum, I do sincerely apologize if you happen to be a Lady instead of a Lord. I hope any disrespect on my part doesn't stop you and your other higher class, intelligent New York friends from coming down here and fixing this mess our redneck stupidity has put us in.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:25 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,165,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaherbgirl View Post
THIS is EXACTLY the attitude Floridians can do without. UF is one notch below Ivy league and was long before any NY'ers came down here.
Every state has improvements that are needed; self righteous attitudes never see that. Most Floridians I know would gladly pack up every NY'er (and their money) who have attitudes like yours and move ya'll back to NY. I have friend from NY; good friends and over the years I have been amused at how they think they are the center of the country, and that everyone wants to be in NY. I have heard 'if you can make it in NY you can make it anywhere' forever...my rebuttle is, yes that is true but there are more PEACEFUL places that bring you to the same path. Florida has done just fine for many, many years and I would prefer to go back to the 70's and 80's where we had snowbirds trashing our land (and us picking up after them) than having to pick up the attitude you display. I don't want to fight with you or insult you but your attitude is not nor ever will be welcome by Floridians; your money isn't wanted either if this is the price to pay. The improvements you think you have made are all in vain.
Maybe we should ask the Choctaws, Calusas, and Timacuas how they feel about you "native" Floridians coming in and pillaging their land with all of your money and "improvements". I'm sure they would prefer going back to the era when you "native" Floridians weren't around.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:49 PM

334 posts, read 1,146,053 times
Quote:
Maybe we should ask the Choctaws, Calusas, and Timacuas how they feel about you "native" Floridians coming in and pillaging their land with all of your money and "improvements". I'm sure they would prefer going back to the era when you "native" Floridians weren't around.
What's your point? The same can be said about the Lenape Indians and the "native" New Yorkers who "bought" the land for a few trinkets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida