Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2007, 05:37 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Let me check the weather for NC. Ok you got excellent climate. Your summers average low to mid 80s and rarely get to 90. Hot but not boiling. Your summer nights average mid 60s, just cool enough that you can open the window and spin the fan without sweating or needing a/c. Your springs and falls are a delight with high 60s during the day and mid 40s to 50s at night. You rarely need a/c or heat. Your winters are mild with highs of 50s and 60s common with the occasional 70! Lows are high 20s with very little snow that melts shortly after the sun comes out. I would love to live there if I find affordable housing. Oil city gets pretty cold.
I do have to agree with this for the most part. I spent a good part of last year in my Asheville home and the weather was fantastic. There were only a handful of hot days in the summer where it made the 90's, most of the hot days only got to mid 80s and lots less humid than here, and nights are nice and cool. In fact, I was surprised that a LOT of the homes here have NO AC! The spring and fall are fabulous with nice crisp night temps, lots of sun and not to mention the foliage! Winter is about two months where there is an occasional ice storm or dusting of snow and really cold temps, and it never lasts. Most of the winter it is 50s in the day and 20s or 30s at night. For me, just about the perfect climate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
i nc , need affordable housing, it is very cold in the winter. many ppl are unhappy as it is cold. there's nothing pleasant about cold weather and grey skies. maybe to you there is. the summers are the best as it gets warm, but i like warm weather. i have heard many ppl complain about the summers there. because why? it's SUMMERTIME and IT'S HOT EVERYWHERE. ever been to detroit or nyc in the summer? ever been to miss., louisiana, or memphis in the summer? ever been to arizona or central ga in the summer... it's always hot in the summer!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 12:27 PM

1,247 posts, read 926,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
i nc , need affordable housing, it is very cold in the winter. many ppl are unhappy as it is cold. there's nothing pleasant about cold weather and grey skies. maybe to you there is. the summers are the best as it gets warm, but i like warm weather. i have heard many ppl complain about the summers there. because why? it's SUMMERTIME and IT'S HOT EVERYWHERE. ever been to detroit or nyc in the summer? ever been to miss., louisiana, or memphis in the summer? ever been to arizona or central ga in the summer... it's always hot in the summer!!!
No, it's not always hot in the summer. Check out the Pacific Northwest. Their summers are similar to Florida winters.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:24 PM

Default oh, sorry

i guess it doesnt get hot in the summertime in the pacific northwest. ppl commit suicide in seattle because it is raining all the time. seattle is also number 1 in drug use.

seriously now, if the HIGHS in the pacific northwest were the same as the winter months here in fla (which vary a lot, so that sentence doesnt make complete sense --- have you ever been to ocala or gainseville in the winter??? it's quite different than south fla.) but that would mean that the rest of the yr would probably be miserably cold up there. doesnt sound too good to me.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:51 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Miserably cold in Ocala? It's 79 degrees right now. As a matter of fact, it is 67 degrees in Knoxville, Tennessee.

The South is not the North.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:11 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
backtofl — But summer (constant temperatures of 80+ degrees) for most of these places is about 4 months and there is 3 other seasons. In some parts of Florida 80+ degrees lasts 7 months usually. This year those tempts lasted through January, so its was more like 9 months of summer temperatures.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:18 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I do have to agree with this for the most part. I spent a good part of last year in my Asheville home and the weather was fantastic. There were only a handful of hot days in the summer where it made the 90's, most of the hot days only got to mid 80s and lots less humid than here, and nights are nice and cool. In fact, I was surprised that a LOT of the homes here have NO AC! The spring and fall are fabulous with nice crisp night temps, lots of sun and not to mention the foliage! Winter is about two months where there is an occasional ice storm or dusting of snow and really cold temps, and it never lasts. Most of the winter it is 50s in the day and 20s or 30s at night. For me, just about the perfect climate.

Yea I am going to look more into NC but I want a town or small city because all the people moving to NC usually choose the big cities driving up prices and crime.

Im sick of this south FL heat! Its 81 in my room now and even the a/c cant cool it enough! I will hate summers up north but thankfully those summers dont get as hot, rarely get to 90 and are much shorter than south FL summers!

Old 02-28-2007, 04:20 PM

well i guess we should all move to the pacific northwest and freeze our butts off. no thanks. and 80 degrees is what i'd consider almost perfect temperature. not too hot, but warm enough to go to the ocean if one wants to go. and when it is warm in the rest of fla, that would usually include ocala. what i siad is that in the winter, when it's 53 degrees in orlando, it's a good 5-10 degrees cooler in ocala. i remember many times this past few months of ocala reaching the 20's and 30's a lot.

to reiterate my previous post, in the winter, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN TEMPERATURE BETWEEN SO. FLA AND PLACES IN NORTH FLA 9which would include gainseville, etc...

also, 80 degree tepms 9 months out of the yr? it has been nice and cool since october, with the exception of a few days. WE HAVE THE BEST WEATHER FROM OCT - MAR!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 05:00 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times
The thing is I dont like 80 degrees! Its gonna get much hotter next month and the month after that. Ill be stuck indoors till it gets cooler again in late fall. Too hot to do sports or other outdoor activities and even swimming I get sunburned easily so I avoid that too. You like it hot and thats just you. I was so happy when we had some "cold" last week with temperatures in the 50s and I miss that perfect week weather. Those lucky guys a few states north are enjoying the 50 degree weather and will countinue to do so for 2-3 months more! I cant wait to move north!

Old 02-28-2007, 05:24 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
also, 80 degree tepms 9 months out of the yr? it has been nice and cool since october, with the exception of a few days. WE HAVE THE BEST WEATHER FROM OCT - MAR!!!
I wish it would of been nice since October, here in Miami. But December and January were one of the warmest. 24 days in December (out of 31) were spend above 80 degrees in Miami, some in the 90's plus humidity. I do agree that we do have the best weather from Nov - April. I also agree that South Floridas weather is much different than North Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida