Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:07 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times

Advertisements

Actually, the weather here last night was VERY nice. A breeze and very comfortable temperatures right before an evening storm made for beautiful weather to take a nice long walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 08:27 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski99 View Post
This is awesome that none of us have any real work to do today except post how much we hate or love various areas. It always amazes me how much time people devote to what they consider the important things. Gee, if you dislike Florida THAT much why even go on a site that involves it? There are sites for every state in the nation. I've checked most of them and still haven't found "paradise". Go figure. As I was just told..."Get a life"! So I guess that it's time to do some REAL work. (And try to scroll past the "My dad's better than your dad" posts).
Yet you are one stating what a wonderful place this is to live though you've never lived here & visited it once & stated that people who live here & don't go outside b/c they are fat & unfit.... You've never lived here in the summer or fall or any "season" in FL for that matter.

And yes, there is absolutely nothing to do in Charlotte county except go outside & look at palm trees. I have a toddler so it is hard to go play tennis & golf all day or go out on my boat. I am also not 70, so I can't frequent the numerous senior citizen centers. I'd love to be part of play groups or kid's gyms, but there are none in the area except for a white trash YMCA that charges a ridiculous amount of money for 30 minutes of play.

Those who have lived here are justified in complaining and/or liking whatever it is that they do.

The original poster was asking about fall in Florida...so back to the original post...it's just not found in SW FL but is also due to the fact that SW FL is considered subtropical. If one wants sun, heat & humidity in the fall, then SW FL is the place for them. Come on down, there are over 50,000 homes for sale.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:52 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,281 times
the temps in the morning and night have been pretty pleasant in orlando lately. it still gets up around 87 or 88, but it hasnt been in the 90's for a week or so now.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:18 PM

672 posts, read 905,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
Ohh you should take a sidetrack vaca up north the fall is coming in beautifully up here, although we are going to have summerlike weather here for a couple days.. booo but nothing like fla, the humidity isn't there and yesterday it was warm but we had such a cool breaze, all the windows are open and in the morns you can see your breath. Definetly flannel weather in the morn.
And plus who can resist these colors starting to pop up!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/fall7.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/fall3.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0193.jpg (broken link)
I told my daughter in NY to go outside in her backyard and scoop up some leaves and mail them to me. I am going to put them in bowls around the house. If I can't "go" to Fall, then Fall is going to "come" to me.

PS. 3 months is about all I can stand of wearing SHORTS. I couldn't wait to break out my FLANNELS when I was in NY. I went out and bought all the long pants I could. I have started wearing them now. I don't care if I look stupid. I cannot possibly be any hotter than I already am anyway.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:20 PM

Location: Chesterfield in Beautiful Massachusetts, New England
76 posts, read 174,039 times
If my car ever looked like those, then and ONLY then would I say Florida is a good place to live.... BUT THIS NEVER HAPPENS up here anymore.... We don't get ice storms like that. I'll stick to my Western Massachusetts weather, and today it is 81 degrees here, OH!!! AND NO HUMIDITY!!!!! Not a drop of sweat. How is up there in Keene, beautiful as always????

Last edited by sunrico90; 09-24-2007 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: ORPHANED POST

Old 09-24-2007, 02:36 PM

672 posts, read 905,330 times
Default ONCE in 25 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher441970 View Post
If my car ever looked like those, then and ONLY then would I say Florida is a good place to live.... BUT THIS NEVER HAPPENS up here anymore.... We don't get ice storms like that. I'll stick to my Western Massachusetts weather, and today it is 81 degrees here, OH!!! AND NO HUMIDITY!!!!! Not a drop of sweat. How is up there in Keene, beautiful as always????
I can say that honestly. So, one time (actually last year) is not enough to make me want blistering heat and humdity ALL YEAR, as in 90+ EVERY SINGLE DAY for the past three months.

Just bidding my time until I can go home.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:40 PM

61 posts, read 322,220 times
It is awesome how some who live in FL complain about the HEAT and bugs... ITS FLORIDA!! Fl, just like all other US states has its own natural beauty, it all depends on what you love! I for one LOVE the fall weather, but couldnt deal with long winters or long summers for that fact! So when I DO move to FL, it will be to travel back up north around this time of year...

Old 09-24-2007, 04:14 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,158,830 times
Default Back to the post

Discuss the following:

I love these crisp, cool, low humidity days!

OK, I am only dreaming but when the low temps drop to 65, I know fall in North Florida is on the way.

Actually it is still awfully muggy and buggy.

The other day I was working in the sun to put up some fence and it was tough going! It was barely 90 degrees but the humidity was so bad that I had to use my machete to cut a path through the air before I could lay out my fence line!

The grass had grown up so high that you couldnt see the fire ant mounds and I stood on one stringing my barbed wire and they ate up my right leg! I took an emergency Air Cond break in my pickup and because I left the winders open, the cab was full of love bugs.

As I got the AC cranking and things cooled off I noticed that 4 big black GIANT horseflys had landed on my trucks hood and were attempting to get blood out of the metal!

Lordy! I will be so glad when the flannel shirt weather arrives!

Old 09-24-2007, 04:48 PM

393 posts, read 1,497,873 times
The pics posted upthread are lovely. The maples around here are looking wilted and brownish. They look how I'm feeling about the 90-degree temps - OVER IT.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:29 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,281 times
topher, mine were too. i was trying to say that complaining on a fla forum when you no longer live here doesnt make much sense. now i dont rememeber if i was talking to you or the person from new hampshire...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida