Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 02:44 PM

27,182 posts, read 43,876,617 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping some fellow C-D forum members can point me toward areas on either coast with a sizable, well-kept up stock of mid-century Florida-ranch style homes. I'm looking in the under 200K bracket for a 3/2. So far I have found the Belleair/Belleair Bluffs area SW of Clearwater and the town of Indialantic south of Cocoa Beach. I have run across random blocks here and there but no other areas of similar size to the two I mention. There also have been some areas that replicate the architecture that sadly haven't been well kept up. Any and all leads would be greatly appreciated, there's a lot of coastline! Here's a couple of photo examples to help define the style I'm looking for... Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
mid-century Florida-ranch neighborhoods-ranch1.jpg   mid-century Florida-ranch neighborhoods-ranch2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 03:19 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,828,258 times
Sarasota still has a decent number of MCM homes that haven't been remuddled into a mess or demolished to make way for something three times the size, but I'm not sure if it works with your price range.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Sarasota still has a decent number of MCM homes that haven't been remuddled into a mess or demolished to make way for something three times the size, but I'm not sure if it works with your price range.
Thanks, I had thought that too but hadn't had any luck finding neighborhoods online. There's an area in Sarasota called Southgate that was supposed to be a good match, but unfortunately the upkeep isn't what I had in mind with most of the homes I've seen through Google Street View.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:06 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,996,912 times
McAnsh Park and Royal Park in Vero Beach.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:53 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Thanks, I had thought that too but hadn't had any luck finding neighborhoods online. There's an area in Sarasota called Southgate that was supposed to be a good match, but unfortunately the upkeep isn't what I had in mind with most of the homes I've seen through Google Street View.
Hi Kyle - just answered you via DM. Anyway, Southgate is kind of a big area, you might want to check it out in person. A lot of homes there look just like what you posted. Also, a bit further to the south is Gulf Gate - that area might be a little more kept up, and has homes just like you are looking for. A little further south is Tropical Shores which is a neat little mid-century neighborhood near the water, but I haven't actually been there for many years.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:35 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,318,018 times
St. Petersburg and most of Pinellas County is full of them. You dont have to look hard.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
Check out Fort Myers and Cape Coral as well.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
St. Petersburg and most of Pinellas County is full of them. You dont have to look hard.
Actually not as much as you might think. The only desirable section of any size I found was in Belleair/Belleair Bluffs and a small section on the west side of Largo. There's a small pocket in Countryside up in Clearwater too. Unfortunately in Florida with the fascination for new and cookie cutter, the lack of interest in older homes has allowed many to fall into disrepair.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
McAnsh Park and Royal Park in Vero Beach.
Good suggestion, it looks promising!

Old 06-10-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Hi Kyle - just answered you via DM. Anyway, Southgate is kind of a big area, you might want to check it out in person. A lot of homes there look just like what you posted. Also, a bit further to the south is Gulf Gate - that area might be a little more kept up, and has homes just like you are looking for. A little further south is Tropical Shores which is a neat little mid-century neighborhood near the water, but I haven't actually been there for many years.
Thanks!

I was a bit disappointed with what I had seen previously in Southgate and am glad to hear about Gulf Gate and Tropical Shores since Sarasota is one of the cities I'm most interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida