Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2007, 12:59 PM

27 posts, read 138,743 times

Advertisements

Hi all-
Hubby & I have about a week to decide if we are going to move to south FL for job offers. One of our issues in moving is we are only about 5 months into a lease. We can "legally" get out of lease, without it costing us anything if we move to another property managed by the same company we are using now. I have found via the internet a place called HarborTown Apartments @ Jacaranda, that seem to fit our needs. We will both be based out of the FLL airport. According to Mapquest it is about a 20 min drive. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with these apartments or the Plantation area in general. Seems nice from what I have had time to find online. Hoping to make it down sometime in the next 2 weeks to check it out. Any info before then is GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 01:12 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,825,740 times
Hello! Plantation is a pretty nice area known for its abundance in shade trees, although on the eastern side of town there are a few shady areas. Harbor Town at Jacaranda is at the "good" side of town, but I have heard negative about this particular complex. I have heard a lot of positive about Southern Pointe at Jacaranda, which is right near this complex. Your commute to Fort Lauderdale won't be bad getting on I-595 at University (the traffic usually clears past there), and although you might have a little sluggishness on Friday afternoons, it shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes. Overall, if you are without children, Plantation is definitely the place to check out for where your commuting to. If you have children look into Davie on the other side of 595 which has good schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida