Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:48 AM

25 posts, read 88,311 times

Advertisements

Not here, no sir. October is next week, and the air still feels dreadfully sticky and hot. The leaves show no sign of wavering, no glowing yellow and pumpkin orange hues in their future. Tomorrow could be the 4th of July, and I think I might just have the opposite of SAD.

I hate Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 11:52 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,388 times
Way to many people make a big deal of the leaves changing colors. I don't like Autumn that much. The green trees are way better than the trees with leaves falling off and covering the grass. I'll take sunshine and heat over Autumn.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:59 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Lightbulb Is perfect in Northwest Florida

No leaves are changing yet, but it feel good....

Current Conditions:

84°F
http://www.att.net/global-images/channels/weather/34.gif (broken link)
Feels Like: 85°F
UV Index: 6 High
Wind: VAR at 5 mph
Humidity: 47 %
Visibility: 10.00 miles
Barometer: 30.15 inches and Steady

Old 09-29-2007, 12:11 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizacat View Post
Not here, no sir. October is next week, and the air still feels dreadfully sticky and hot. The leaves show no sign of wavering, no glowing yellow and pumpkin orange hues in their future. Tomorrow could be the 4th of July, and I think I might just have the opposite of SAD.

I hate Florida.
Okay, lets hear your sob story about why you are stuck in Florida.

There are so many posters on this site that complain about where they live whether it be up north, down south or out west.

I didn't like where I lived so I moved. It is pretty damn simple.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:22 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:

I hate Florida.
With all due respect, do you know anything about Florida? Did you think it snows here and we have Elk in our backyards?

Old 09-29-2007, 01:14 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,211,667 times
Yeah...I remember complaining about Florida like that when I first moved here. I had loads of winter clothes, great sweaters, boots, etc. When it got to be October, I pulled them and expected to wear them. I would put them when we got the least bit of a cool morning and of course would be dying by noon time. DUH! Believe it or not, it took me years to get a Florida wardrobe.

Now, I don't even think about it anymore. I have a couple of sweaters, sweatshirts and some winter coats in the guest room closet that we pull out when we go north for Christmas - that's about it. I love wearing the same wardrobe - shorts, tank tops and bare feet pretty much all year.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:26 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
[quote=brizacat;1610315]{Moderator cut}

That's no excuse. Why didn't you go to FSU? Tallahassee gets a nice short autumn where the trees change color and leaves fall, just later in the year than up North. The winters are also very mild and pleasant.

Last edited by sunrico90; 09-30-2007 at 12:11 AM.. Reason: Orphaned post

Old 09-29-2007, 02:18 PM

627 posts, read 2,849,612 times
Quote:

I hate Florida.
We have an Autum... just hold out a while longer!!

Fall is my Favorite time of the year!!! My Wedding day was on the First day of fall... I love the colors, cool clean crisp air and Pumpkins!

Last edited by MyHomeIsInOcala; 09-29-2007 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: smile!!

Old 09-29-2007, 02:36 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,211,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHomeIsInOcala View Post
We have an Autum... just hold out a while longer!!

Fall is my Favorite time of the year!!! My Wedding day was on the First day of fall... I love the colors, cool clean crisp air and Pumpkins!
Ocala...do you get leaf change there? When? I was planning to go to the mountains in a couple of weeks to see fall color - but our plans have changed. Looks like we'll be going to a friend's lake house near Charleston instead. I know they will not have color then. Perhaps we could do an overnight in the Ocala area later when the leaves change there - if they do?

Old 09-29-2007, 02:39 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Don't worry as soon as the rains end it will be nice and brown all over the place! The cool air may come by January.....then again maybe not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida