Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:18 AM

46 posts, read 360,877 times

Advertisements

2006 Florida County-by-County Crime Data -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 12:20 AM

look at the actual numbers

Old 10-01-2007, 09:15 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
these are total numbers, not per capita. your conclusion is thrown out.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
these are total numbers, not per capita. your conclusion is thrown out.
yap thats my point and 90 percent of what takes place in miami is in a 40 100 block area so when a person says more pepoel have been in dade county thin in duval or orlando there rite

Old 10-01-2007, 10:11 AM

i'm not sure how to interpret what you have stated, but ok.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:04 PM

201 posts, read 1,282,288 times
Leave us alone with your Carol City and Opa-Locka E-Gangsta representation. We don't care.
Yes, Miami is a dangerous city, and probably the most dangerous city in Florida. Most people have known that sense the 80's back when it was the murder capital of the nation. Also Miami Dade has like 1 million more people than those other county's and I know FOR A FACT that "90%" of it doesn't happen in one certain area because Miami has quite a few large ghettos. Its not like theres only 10 blocks in Miami where dudes sell crack. You find that south of the city, north of the city and west of it. So I doubt that is true.

Also you can't say "90% of it happens here without a crime map like This one
If you don't have evidence to back up your claims your claims are useless and not true.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:58 PM

385 posts, read 1,891,038 times
while i don't agree with the idea of glorifying the crime rate he is right, you know. the opa-locka triangle is easily one of the most dangerous areas in the nation, let alone miami. and for the most part you're wrong on the ghettos. most, if not all of them, are in the northwest portion of miami. the problem is that the county is very big and widespread so even if you had the most dangerous place in the world on one side, the other could be "so-so" and they'd balance out.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:22 PM

10 posts, read 37,533 times
I've been a resident of Miami Beach for 3 years but travel all over Miami-Dade and Broward regularly. I also have a college kid in Orlando, where I've had a business for 20 years. I can tell you that like any city, there are safe areas where you can walk in the middle of the night (Ocean Drive, Lincoln Rd.) and there are other areas where I go with a concealed weapon (legally) in the middle of the day. Same as New York, Chicago, Rome, Madrid or any other major city. Also, Orlando has become REALLY bad in the past few years. My college kid has twice had someone try to break in to his house, while he was home! He lives near the University in a nice neighborhood. I'm afraid that if you don't want to worry about crime you better go live on a boat in a quiet harbor all by yourself (something I've considered!)

Old 10-01-2007, 03:33 PM

"I'm afraid that if you don't want to worry about crime you better go live on a boat in a quiet harbor all by yourself (something I've considered!)"

or move to the carolina mountains like most are doing. not that there isnt any crime there, but not much at all.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:36 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
"I'm afraid that if you don't want to worry about crime you better go live on a boat in a quiet harbor all by yourself (something I've considered!)"

or move to the carolina mountains like most are doing. not that there isnt any crime there, but not much at all.
There isn't much crime in Weston either. How come not everyone is flocking here? It's quite simple; hes right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida