Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 07:55 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,045,780 times

Advertisements

There are thousands of small villages, towns, cities all over the U.S. that have some kind of claim to fame. Be it a cultural event, a famous museum, a race track, theater, home of a famous person, tourist attraction, special product produced. Things that make people want to visit. What is the attraction that makes people stay away from a place like Waldo?
Having the distinction of being the worst town in the U.S. as being #1 speed trap. [and for many years] I'll bet the city manager and police chief are proud people and make every attempt every year to remain #1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 09:28 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,302,627 times
Lawtey, just up 301 is just as bad, but much smaller of a town. They have a cop assigned to 301 24 hours a day to pester drivers who didnt slow down to the artificially low 35 mph through "town".

"Town", by the way, consists of 1 traffic light and a gas station... lol. At least Waldo has a few stores. There is no reason whatsoever why Lawtey should even be an incorporated "city".

Old 08-30-2014, 07:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannl View Post
Today's news put's the new Chief of Police and the Cities Manager under-fire.
The city Manager is being asked questions about promoting the new Chief without check his qualifications. Turns out he was asked to resign from 2 other Counties in the past before he was hired by the City of Waldo.
The city manager was asked about and showed a letter from 2 other police departments asking him to resign and the Manager said Iam shocked this is not the Chief I know.
The new appointed Chief say's he has done a lot for the City of Waldo and this is there was of paying me back ( by appointing me to Chief of Police) and then said I have made mistake in the past but I no longer make mistakes and I will be good for the City of Waldo.
What do you think?
And now it comes home....check out the mess with Szabo and Waldo.

Caught in own speed trap? Waldo weighs options after cops disclose ticket quota | Gainesville.com

Must say nobody could have seen this coming.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,595 times
Default Szabo....a mess in the making

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBFL1960 View Post
Chief michael szabo is a great chief, he was a great police officer before being promoted. He is there to serve and protect and so are the rest of the officers and thats what they do.

As for the city manager kim worley, she is great, she has worked hard for the city, she really cares about the city because she lives there. She has done alot for the city since she has been there.

All you negative people need to get involved with the city if you think you can do a better job!!

The chief and city manager do a great job given what they have to work with. They have very little money to take care of the city, costs keep rising and there is no where to get money from.

The tickets only generate less than $15.00 each for the city, the county gets the rest of the money. Fyi
Maybe you missed it just a little.....

Caught in own speed trap? Waldo weighs options after cops disclose ticket quota | Gainesville.com

Szabo is clearly a problem and Worley is a problem since she had such poor judgement. Articles indicate she might have been involved with the ticket quota. Several other issues over the years indicate she is either complicit or not smart enough to understand the issues with Szabo.

He had 2 short term law enforcement jobs in Florida prior to Waldo (out during probation and let go from another for being untruthful about damage to his patrol vehicle).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida