U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:08 PM

85 posts, read 550,980 times

Advertisements

Today's news put's the new Chief of Police and the Cities Manager under-fire.
The city Manager is being asked questions about promoting the new Chief without check his qualifications. Turns out he was asked to resign from 2 other Counties in the past before he was hired by the City of Waldo.
The city manager was asked about and showed a letter from 2 other police departments asking him to resign and the Manager said Iam shocked this is not the Chief I know.
The new appointed Chief say's he has done a lot for the City of Waldo and this is there was of paying me back ( by appointing me to Chief of Police) and then said I have made mistake in the past but I no longer make mistakes and I will be good for the City of Waldo.
What do you think?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 AM

942 posts, read 1,222,567 times
Isn't this the same town that was featured on 60 minutes or some other news show. The news segment was about the police dept stopping as many out of state cars as they could for speeding. The news story made this town look ridiculous and even AAA told motorist to avoid this town when travelling across florida.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:27 AM

137 posts, read 526,681 times
That would be the same city...

Old 10-02-2007, 06:33 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,496,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannl View Post
Today's news put's the new Chief of Police and the Cities Manager under-fire.
The city Manager is being asked questions about promoting the new Chief without check his qualifications. Turns out he was asked to resign from 2 other Counties in the past before he was hired by the City of Waldo.
The city manager was asked about and showed a letter from 2 other police departments asking him to resign and the Manager said Iam shocked this is not the Chief I know.
The new appointed Chief say's he has done a lot for the City of Waldo and this is there was of paying me back ( by appointing me to Chief of Police) and then said I have made mistake in the past but I no longer make mistakes and I will be good for the City of Waldo.
What do you think?

waldo + police = national joke!
they don't have a police dept there, they have modern day highway robbers.
waldo pd is not a full service agency, they just harass people passing through

Old 05-07-2010, 10:07 AM

5 posts, read 13,451 times
Default Your wrong

Chief michael szabo is a great chief, he was a great police officer before being promoted. He is there to serve and protect and so are the rest of the officers and thats what they do.

As for the city manager kim worley, she is great, she has worked hard for the city, she really cares about the city because she lives there. She has done alot for the city since she has been there.

All you negative people need to get involved with the city if you think you can do a better job!!

The chief and city manager do a great job given what they have to work with. They have very little money to take care of the city, costs keep rising and there is no where to get money from.

The tickets only generate less than $15.00 each for the city, the county gets the rest of the money. Fyi

Old 07-23-2010, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,094 times
Actually, per the Clerk of the Court for Alachua county, the number is much closer to 40%, or an average of $60 for the average $150 ticket. This certainly helps Waldo as it represents 1.5x the amount Waldo brings in through taxes, and it all goes to feed the bloated Waldo PD budget (including Chief Szabo's SUV which he commutes in daily over 40 miles each way, on Waldo's dime).

Old 07-23-2010, 04:23 PM

817 posts, read 2,115,929 times
That corruption is minor compared to the speed trap that has been in place there for close to 20 years. They can have whoever they want for their chief of police as long as they stop that crap.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,877 times
The SUV, at the time, under Sheriffs contract was 22989.00. So stop crying. 900 less for the crown vic which will not last longer then the SUV, is a 2009 Chev Tahoe.
The Bloated Budget is 420,000.
I am sure the Police Dept would love to see 60 out of a 150 citation... the state gets 30 off the top by the way.
As the warning sign says, slow or pay the price... I bet if you pull the info from the clerks office, I bet u will see that most, if not all, are for 15 mph over...if they were there to make money, seems like they would be writting for 10 and under.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,557 times
Michael Szabo knocks a man down to the ground while filming his number 1 deputy tasering a man on the ground in handcuffs! Here is the video:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl97GoRIbBc&feature=share]Police Brutality Cop tasers man in cuffs in WALDO, FLORIDA - YouTube[/url]

Old 11-22-2011, 09:43 PM

3,237 posts, read 5,808,549 times
Waldo is a ****ing joke. I hate driving through there on my way out of state.

A "city" that funds itself on bull**** traffic tickets is a sham
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida