Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,919,293 times

Advertisements

This is actually a florida question (please don't move to automotive)- anyway, what happens if you get caught with expired registration on your car? I had been driving around for 10 months with an expired sticker on my license plate. Didn't notice the sticker until I was cleaning out my glove compartment and I found the new one (in an envelope) under some papers. The one on the car expired in Jan of 07 but apparently no one else noticed either. What would have happened if a cop stopped me for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 09:51 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,003,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
This is actually a florida question (please don't move to automotive)- anyway, what happens if you get caught with expired registration on your car? I had been driving around for 10 months with an expired sticker on my license plate. Didn't notice the sticker until I was cleaning out my glove compartment and I found the new one (in an envelope) under some papers. The one on the car expired in Jan of 07 but apparently no one else noticed either. What would have happened if a cop stopped me for this?
You get a citation, expired tag. If you had already registered it and just forgot to put on the sticker, they would , in all liklihood, tell you to put the sticker on and be on your way.

In your case, the registration was current, you just forgot to put on the sticker.

It could have given the police a reason to stop you though. No harm done.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:57 PM

Thanks- of all the things I could have forgotten to do!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:24 AM

604 posts, read 4,611,310 times
I made the mistake of peeling the sticker off the paper and throwing the paper away, not realizing that was the registration. I got pulled over and when I told the officer I threw it away he was pis*ed . Gave me a big ol' lecture on florida statute something but didn't give me a ticket.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:03 AM

1,683 posts, read 8,189,223 times
LOL....we have 2 cars that are registered in DH's name and come due at his birthday every year. One year DH mixed up the stickers and put them on the wrong cars. We drove them all year and didn't notice until we were selling one of the cars at the very end of the year. Thank goodness we didn't get stopped!

Old 10-02-2007, 09:23 AM

See Im not the only one! LOL. It kind of makes you wonder how closely the cops are looking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida