Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,162 times

Advertisements

My husband and I always wanted to move to Florida after he retires from the military. As you can't plan in your life, my husband is gonna medical retire soon. So we already thinking about moving to Florida the next year !
We just have been to Miami on vacation. But this area is not for us. It is good for vacation and beeing a young married couple but meanwhile we do have kids :-)

So we are looking for a safe, kidsfriendly Area. As my husband is black and i am white we also want to lived in a "mixed" community. First we want to rent a house and then we would like to buy a house.

So i hope i can get a lot of suggestions, where to live good, i thought about the Tampa Area ?

Thanks alreagy for all your help !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 03:52 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
St Augustine is nice by the beach not too much traffic quaint old part of town,
Tallahassee nice size town and being in northern Florida saves you a 4-5 hour drive if leaving the state, Several big colleges for future considerations.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:39 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
You'll find it difficult I think to pinpoint an area with more mixed couples and might find it easier to narrow down more liberal /progressive areas where people perhaps don't tend to be as judgmental. You might check out the Northern Pinellas County section of the Tampa Bay area....specifically Oldsmar, East Lake, Safety Harbor, NE Clearwater/Countryside or Palm Harbor. The schools are very good, family-friendly and safe areas with a lot to do in terms of activities.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:44 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
I'd probably have a good look at areas with a heavy base presence, both for possible future medical issues, and because those communities are often 'mixed'. Tampa would be high on my list; Jacksonville would be worth a look, and I'd also make a trip through Ft. Walton Beach if you're open to a smaller metro area.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:37 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Brevard county or lee county would be nice area following you description. the schools are great in Brevard, and mediocre in lee county these places are pretty diverse a large mix of retires i both areas, but there is a pretty large amount of kids in both. I would also suggest new Tampa as a great area. Jacksonville would be nice considering the fact that they have a navy base, and probably is the most diverse place that i have just mentioned. Couldn't go wrong with any of them.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:22 AM

2 posts, read 1,313 times
South Tamapa is a best place to live. But my personal favorite is St Augustine. Beautiful beaches, nice locations and the best part is peace. You will feel like a heaven there.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:56 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,935 times
Tallahassee for sure. Its got everything you want.

Everyone that has moved here from other parts of florida thinks its a breath of fresh air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida