Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 04:38 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post

Then head down sunrise , past what looks like a 4th world country's idea of "art" just before getting on 95 S, to 595, to 75 and Bye Bye Broward.
Why the hell would you drive down Sunrise if you don't have to...from Skyline you should just head west on Commercial and go to the Sawgrass for traffics sake, never mind getting your car hijacked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 04:42 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Why the hell would you drive down Sunrise if you don't have to...from Skyline you should just head west on Commercial and go to the Sawgrass for traffics sake, never mind getting your car hijacked.

Go north, then west to head south?

Heck there's a Korean BBQ place down west commersh. ( is that an OK word to use? hehee) Might be worth it but I doubt I'd have the room after those coney's

Old 10-03-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Go north, then west to head south?

Heck there's a Korean BBQ place down west commersh. ( is that an OK word to use? hehee) Might be worth it but I doubt I'd have the room after those coney's
Oh, heading TO the dentist? Yeah, never mind then lol! You know they have a Skyline in Fort Loddy right...but actually to go home it would make most sense to head west down Sunrise or Oakland Park from there to the Sawgrass...not to mention you aren't driving out of your way to go through an absolute dump. Unless you are heading to the dentist.

Wait, I just confused myself....do you go to Skyline in Loddy Doddy or Sunrise?

Old 10-03-2007, 04:50 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,019 times
Quote:
Oh, heading TO the dentist? Yeah, never mind then lol! You know they have a Skyline in Fort Loddy right...but actually to go home it would make most sense to head west down Sunrise or Oakland Park from there to the Sawgrass...not to mention you aren't driving out of your way to go through an absolute dump. Unless you are heading to the dentist.

No man, dentist first, THEN on the way back to the west coats it's Skyline, then head west. Skylines at 26th and Federal. South on Federal to Sunrise. Then to 95 south to 595, west to 75 and for at least 50 miles or so, the closest to blissful driving one can get in South Fla. Then suddenly there's Naples and the nice drive without traffic is over.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
No man, dentist first, THEN on the way back to the west coats it's Skyline, then head west. Skylines at 26th and Federal. South on Federal to Sunrise. Then to 95 south to 595, west to 75 and for at least 50 miles or so, the closest to blissful driving one can get in South Fla. Then suddenly there's Naples and the nice drive without traffic is over.
I had it stuck in my mind that you were going to the one on University in Sunrise for some reason. Totally confused myself.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post

It just gets more and more unpleasant. No plan for the future at all, just build and build. Isn't there some breaking point?
How would like this thing in your back yard
25,000 shoppers expected as Ikea store opens in Sunrise -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/local/sfl-flzikea1002nboct02,0,5661647.story - broken link)
Does anyone actually need all this crap they sell? I guess it will create some nice minimum wage jobs.
That isn't in anyones back yard. I literally live literally about a close to it as you can, and it's about a mile from me. It's not even concerning me. It's got the elevated Sawgrass interchange on one side which borders on Markam Park, an abandoned trailer park on one side, an interstate with more shopping on one side, and office plazas on the other side, and I'm not sure if you have ever drove on 136th, but it's a half-empty road that can handle the Ikea. Now if would be totally different if they allowed Ikea on that site by Indian Ridge Middle in Davie...and guess what, they didn't and put it where it isn't bothering anyone, unless they have homeless people sleeping in the business parks next door. They used to have that theme park thingy out there too...

Old 10-03-2007, 06:18 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,191,340 times
Quote:
That isn't in anyones back yard. I literally live literally about a close to it as you can, and it's about a mile from me. It's not even concerning me. It's got the elevated Sawgrass interchange on one side which borders on Markam Park, an abandoned trailer park on one side, an interstate with more shopping on one side, and office plazas on the other side, and I'm not sure if you have ever drove on 136th, but it's a half-empty road that can handle the Ikea. Now if would be totally different if they allowed Ikea on that site by Indian Ridge Middle in Davie...and guess what, they didn't and put it where it isn't bothering anyone, unless they have homeless people sleeping in the business parks next door. They used to have that theme park thingy out there too...
I was picturing it like the Home Depots they like to build here. They put them right on the fringe of residential neighborhoods, in some cases backing right up to peoples properties.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
I was picturing it like the Home Depots they like to build here. They put them right on the fringe of residential neighborhoods, in some cases backing right up to peoples properties.
Oh yeah, we had that happen in Orlando. And it was ALMOST going to happen in Davie, thank god the town had enough common sense to push that out! The Ikea location isn't bad, in a way it's actually good for Sunrise residents because it's not really effecting any residents but the tax revenue should be good for the city. Now those Tao towers are a whole different story....THATS overbuilding

Last edited by compelled to reply; 10-03-2007 at 06:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida