Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 08:00 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,820,455 times

Advertisements

Though the New Yorker on their native turf is a really excellent tour guide because they will do their best to show you why they think NYC is the greatest city in the world, and they're generally good at filtering out the good stuff from the tourist scholck.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:30 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Though the New Yorker on their native turf is a really excellent tour guide because they will do their best to show you why they think NYC is the greatest city in the world, and they're generally good at filtering out the good stuff from the tourist scholck.
This is true.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:46 AM

784 posts, read 1,980,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Absolutley..... I have an ex friend who used to be on here, and all she did was poke fun at how everything was better in NY than MA when she visited. Apparently nothing is better in the WORLD than what's on Long Island...
I'm a Floridian, but have lived several places in the U. S., including Long Island. While Long Island wasn't all that bad, I can think of a ton of places I'd rather live than there. No offense to anyone!

Old 09-07-2012, 05:41 AM

315 posts, read 651,921 times
What I love is when they have to insert where they are from in EVERY conversation.

Me: So what did you think of that movie?
NYer: Well I'm from Brooklyn, and in Brooklyn that stuff really happens all the time in BrAWKLYWNNNWNW!!!!
Me: *double facepalm*

Old 09-18-2012, 08:34 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
You moved to Florida because you love the State and the Weather and all the fun awesome and family friendly things to do down here. Cool, so why do you still persist on bragging about the $%&@hole you came from and say how its so much better up there or yall do things better up there or when you lived up there, etc....Its annoying this is why natives hate you btw. I have never understood that. Spend all your life trying to move somewhere, then when you do talk all this crap about how some lame [insert city name here] is wayyyyy better than down here.

Serious inquiries please.
This was a good conversation that suddenly stopped. Lets get it going again...... There is something that Southerners do exceptionally well... nothing... they do world class nothing. Northerners can't hold a candle to it.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Maybe start a topic devoted solely to bashing northerners or people who come to Florida from somewhere else,bonus points if they get bashed for saying its hot....

Old 09-18-2012, 03:07 PM

315 posts, read 651,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
This was a good conversation that suddenly stopped. Lets get it going again...... There is something that Southerners do exceptionally well... nothing... they do world class nothing. Northerners can't hold a candle to it.
im at work in my office and some lady from brooklyn or somewhere up there said "gee everyone down here walks and works so slow" I turn around and said " o really? well if that were true you should be running the place by now".

Second offense, if the Bucs would of beat NYG on Sunday, how many of these implants, I mean transplants would be wearing Bucs gear on Monday?

Old 09-18-2012, 04:23 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
im at work in my office and some lady from brooklyn or somewhere up there said "gee everyone down here walks and works so slow" I turn around and said " o really? well if that were true you should be running the place by now".

Second offense, if the Bucs would of beat NYG on Sunday, how many of these implants, I mean transplants would be wearing Bucs gear on Monday?
Good point. I didn't mean work though. I mean when there's nothing to do, southerners handle it well. I get antsy after 30 minutes.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:28 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Maybe start a topic devoted solely to bashing northerners or people who come to Florida from somewhere else,bonus points if they get bashed for saying its hot....
We already have dozens of those topics, or at least they end up that way every time.

By the way.... It's hot down here still, and humid as hell.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:48 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
We already have dozens of those topics, or at least they end up that way every time.

By the way.... It's hot down here still, and humid as hell.
Not much longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida