Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 01:37 AM

5 posts, read 5,068 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I current live in San Diego County and will be moving to South Florida in the new year (2013). I dont know much about Florida so I need all the advice/opinions I can get. I have a women's traveling boutique business and want to find out where all the good shopping areas are in South Florida. I would like to open a boutique in the near future but dont know what areas have cute "boutique style" shopping. My clients age is anywhere from 16-45. Young, stylish and looking for all the hottest trends. Any area you would recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 04:53 AM

27,232 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Here's a few I'd recommend:

Clematis Street - Downtown West Palm Beach
Northwood Village - West Palm Beach
Atlantic Avenue - Downtown Delray Beach
Downtown Boca Raton

I didn't mention any areas in Fort Lauderdale or Miami as I feel both markets are pretty well-saturated and rental rates in the more trendy areas are quite high.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Probably your best bet would be a mall.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM

4 posts, read 7,908 times
Kyle19125 was pretty spot on with his comment. I would also check out Las Olas Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale and even Duval Street in Key West! Best of luck to you!

Old 08-29-2012, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,191 times
There are so many variables, in the type of business you have. In south Florida the busiest mall is the Sawgrass Mills Mall. I have lived in South Florida since 1969...and seen a lot of changes [mod]see note[/mod]

Last edited by Count David; 08-29-2012 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: please see the TOS re: real estate agents (mod queue)

Old 08-29-2012, 07:03 PM

5 posts, read 5,068 times
Thank you Kyle19125 for your help! My clientele here in Southern California are younger in there 20 - 30's. I sell clothing, jewelry and handbags. I do home parties, trunk show w/salon and other outside events. My ideal clients are young moms who dont have time to go out shopping. I would like to do the same thing out there for about a year and then open a boutique. I will be traveling to the South Florida area in early October to try to figure out where I will want to move and possibly open a physical space. My boyfriend is a boat captain and landed a position in Ft Lauderdale. So I would want to live somewhat close to the area.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:01 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,697,821 times
South florida is much more materialistic and flashy than San Diego. If it's not Gucci, Prada, Fendi or Louis Vuitton, no one will want ur stuff. It's unfortunate, but it's kind of true. I can't even think of any areas that cacter to "boutique-style" of shopping. Everything in south florida is shopping plazas for the most part, with the exception of Delray Beach, Las Olas, aaaand that's pretty much it. Even Mizner Park in Boca is a bunch of corporate chains in a pathetic attempt to create a "down town feel"....it's awful.

I wish u all the best tho. We need more people like u here. Stylish, trend, in-the-know boutique people. Instead of ghetto people wearing knock-off designer crap.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:25 PM

27,232 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
South florida is much more materialistic and flashy than San Diego. If it's not Gucci, Prada, Fendi or Louis Vuitton, no one will want ur stuff. It's unfortunate, but it's kind of true. I can't even think of any areas that cacter to "boutique-style" of shopping. Everything in south florida is shopping plazas for the most part, with the exception of Delray Beach, Las Olas, aaaand that's pretty much it. Even Mizner Park in Boca is a bunch of corporate chains in a pathetic attempt to create a "down town feel"....it's awful.

I wish u all the best tho. We need more people like u here. Stylish, trend, in-the-know boutique people. Instead of ghetto people wearing knock-off designer crap.
I agree for the most part though would characterize Delray Beach and West Palm Beach much less ghetto fabulous. A suburban location in a place like Weston might also be the ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida