Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 05:52 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,788,762 times

Advertisements

Just hit me...
I wonder if "michelle" is a TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!
People, I think we's been HAD!!!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 07:36 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,152,382 times
poor Michelle, she's taken a lot of hard hits for her 'elitist' post.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:58 PM

99 posts, read 553,680 times
Not to add fuel to the fire but everytime you see a statement that contains words like: "...can no longer stand looking at all these minorities and immigrants" is an invitation to be flamed.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:00 PM

10 posts, read 55,817 times
elfyum,

Excuse my ignorance, what is a "TROLL?"

Old 09-27-2006, 10:58 PM

279 posts, read 472,097 times
go to wikipedia and search "internet troll"

basically, it is someone who stirs up shi* on message boards or chat rooms to get a rise out of people

there is no michelle

Old 09-27-2006, 11:56 PM

4 posts, read 4,548 times
im looking for a place to live -- how is that "stirring stuff up" -- i think some of you have nothing better to do than look for conflict on the internet with some of the comments I read -- others, thank you for your help!

It sounds like if I want an elitist town without the majority of older population I am going to have to look at Gainesville -- but places like this boca raton interest me -- naples sounds kind of boring -- i basically want a place with the finest restaurants, best looking people, super-low crime, high-class people, majority of people caucasion, clean streets, top notch landscaping with beautiful palms, no bums running around, and great paying jobs that are easy to get (modelling, investment firms, real estate, etc.), and little traffic. thats what im looking for. and if i can have this with a lower housing cost that would be even better.

also, does boca raton, and those other towns have low-life in them?? i heard there were bums and child molesters all over florida and that is what im trying to stay away from.

to all the elitists and other people that responded positively, thank you

what is the cost of living like in south florida compared to northern florida?? if i brought a couple of my girlies what is it like for a small house or apartment??

Old 09-28-2006, 12:44 AM

92 posts, read 457,183 times
I would agree Boca sounds right for you, although you will still find plenty of immigrant/minorities. You will find expensive restaurants, shops etc on either side of Boca. It depends if you want the older, rich area of East Boca around Mizner Park, or the newer gated communities (which have the "lush landscaping) out on Glades Road (St. Andrews, Jog near the Town Center) or Yamato Road (even out on Clint Moore), but those are more for families because the houses are so huge. They are both "clean". Traffic isn't good at all though.

The location is good because you can find work in Boca or up in Palm Beach and Miami/South Beach is still about an hour away. Cost of living would be higher compared to north Florida. I believe out of northern Fla, only some spots in Orlando are higher. Come to think of it, I believe Jupiter in northern Palm Beach is also pretty expensive, but I have only passed through it. I still don't think you'll be able to get away from immigrants here in Florida.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:58 AM

96 posts, read 457,866 times
Michelle, you might want to consider moving to the French Riveria. That sounds exactly like the place you are looking for, but then you would be a minority AND an immigrant...hmmmmm.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:35 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,152,382 times
I don't think Michelle would enjoy the stoney and rocky beaches of the French Riviera.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:37 AM

566 posts, read 2,058,676 times
This is good...

yep...believe me Americans, are not seen as part of the landscape in other parts of the world.

Wanna laugh?????? Here I'm in a certain box & in other parts of the world, including France, I'm seen as a gringa or an American...ha, ha, ha, ha..... too much.

Talk about an identity crisis...Gee...maybe I'm a troll, instead?....ha, ha, ha....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida