Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:55 PM

1 posts, read 10,080 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have information about a new group there called CCOBB Concerned Citizens Of Barefoot Bay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 06:01 PM

5 posts, read 20,203 times
Just a little Intruder.
It is a group of concerned citizens of Barefoot Bay who I think are worried about the direction their community is heading.
There have been and still are numerous problems with management including elected officials (trustees). JMO
LLyn

Old 08-22-2008, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 9,651 times
Default Barefoot Bay FL

Hi Lynn
You posted some time ago, however I am very familiar with BBFas my parents have lived for some time now - about 20 years. I would agreed with your observation that the management is really going down hill and the value of the properties. The area has been opened to anyone - low rental units, families on welfare etc and by doing that one thing, the community has brought in many of the expected socio-economic problems.

That being said, it still is an economical solution to those folks on a fixed income. It provides access to pools, activities and a more or less safe environment.

With the open resident access to buying a cheap home, some of the less disirable types have taken up residence. The name in question is a handy man, Dave Romer who has advertised his expertise at the A Blg. He moved in during the last major hurricane 2004 and has ripped off several seniors. He successfully exploited my mother for $12K for the most appalling renovations in kitchen and elsewhere on her property. My mother is widowed (5 years). He operates without a licence, has a litany of sorrow when confronted, takes years to complete a job and lies.

To conclude, the community is going downhill unless management understands that the next demographic not going to be interested in living there. As a first step, the management needs to review the resident rules and re-instate the adult community theme.

my 2 cents

Old 10-12-2008, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 9,409 times
We purchased a home in BBB back in May 2004 and in Sept. Hurrican Jeanne destroyed it. We wanted to rebuild as we loved BBB when we researched it and it was going to be where we retire. We too feel that management has let homeowners down by allowing under 55 to buy and move in and we have verbally told them. Any thoughts on what we can do as homeowners while we still have a majority? They really have not lived up to their own regulations on maintaining Barefoot Bay.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:46 PM

9 posts, read 28,725 times
I am considering buying a property in Barefoot Bay. However, these comments are not encouraging.
Do you think I'd be making a mistake?

Old 05-10-2013, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 4,708 times
The Handyman mentioned above, David Romer, has cheated my Pop out of hundreds of dollars and walked off job that was not finished. When I looked him up I found this website and told my dad not to try getting him back. It was a job outside along the foundation of his modular home on Sequoia Street in Barefoot Bay. I felt so bad for my Pop, he spent $1,200.00 when he was told the job would be $200.00. David Romer kept tacking it on and my Pop kept paying him cause he wanted it done. Please help stop this guy as I live in NY and only come down 2x a month. Thank you!

Otherwise, I love the community, I plan on retiring there as well. We already bought property in Sebastian, you just have to be careful who you get to do work for you. Recommendations from residents or your landscaper is suggested. Diane

Old 06-18-2015, 10:16 AM

3 posts, read 5,373 times
Default Darn!

I have been looking at homes in Barefoot Bay on the internet for several months now! I just learned today it is not a 55+ community! I thought I had found my ideal retirement community! I am changing my plans now and will start looking elsewhere. I have seen what can happen to communities like this when they are open to everyone............and it's not good! I am really disappointed!!!!!

Old 06-18-2015, 12:07 PM

4,023 posts, read 3,796,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stowedaway1 View Post
I have been looking at homes in Barefoot Bay on the internet for several months now! I just learned today it is not a 55+ community! I thought I had found my ideal retirement community! I am changing my plans now and will start looking elsewhere. I have seen what can happen to communities like this when they are open to everyone............and it's not good! I am really disappointed!!!!!
My understanding is that most residents are older. But look a little north of it at Palm Bay Colony; same concept, same homes (but less of them) and age restricted.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:14 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvedTones View Post
My understanding is that most residents are older. But look a little north of it at Palm Bay Colony; same concept, same homes (but less of them) and age restricted.

There are quite a few families but I think their homs are located in mainly one area of the community.

You could also look at Hollywood Estates in West Melbourneaand Holiday Park off malabar in Palm Bay. Don't know if you own the land. I have a friend who sells a lot of mobile homes if you would like her name.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:43 PM

4,023 posts, read 3,796,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
There are quite a few families but I think their homs are located in mainly one area of the community.

You could also look at Hollywood Estates in West Melbourneaand Holiday Park off malabar in Palm Bay. Don't know if you own the land. I have a friend who sells a lot of mobile homes if you would like her name.
Barefoot Bay and Palm Bay Colony have manufactured homes, not just mobile homes. I see from a quick search that those parks have them also but no clubhouse or pool. Those are more important when looking at retirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida