Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Home buying advice in Florida, pre-hurricane Andrew real estate prices, Florida housing market recession, escalating property taxes, sky rocketing home prices

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 08:23 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,047,487 times

Advertisements

Want the truth? Even if I made a windfall, such as winning the lottery, made a great huge investment, had a business that really took off, etc I still am out of Florida. Houses there just arent worth the money when I can buy in other desirable locations for half the price! Not only that, taxes and insurance will be much lower too! I wont miss the hurricanes either! Fact is thousands upon thousands are leaving Florida, much more leaving than comming. Maybe once house prices drop greatly, like 30% and hurricane insurance goes back to where it was years ago will some people come back and less people leave and the balance will reach equilibrium.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:36 PM

944 posts, read 3,835,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Want the truth? Even if I made a windfall, such as winning the lottery, made a great huge investment, had a business that really took off, etc I still am out of Florida. Houses there just arent worth the money when I can buy in other desirable locations for half the price! Not only that, taxes and insurance will be much lower too! I wont miss the hurricanes either! Fact is thousands upon thousands are leaving Florida, much more leaving than comming. Maybe once house prices drop greatly, like 30% and hurricane insurance goes back to where it was years ago will some people come back and less people leave and the balance will reach equilibrium.
Very good, young grasshopper; a wise trainee you've become!

Old 10-17-2006, 09:12 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,024,001 times
Shores9 states "Those that are leaving are still being replace in greater numbers by those coming".

Need_affordable_home states "Fact is thousands upon thousands are leaving Florida, much more leaving than comming".

I have to agree with Need_affordable_home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida