Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 01:52 PM

44 posts, read 168,511 times

Advertisements

We have been considering moving to Osceola County/Celebration Community and would like to have feed back about residents who live there or are familiar with area. We have two children 6 & 10 and would like to know if this is a good area to raise a family? Anyone with information can you please inform: Thanks a bunch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2006, 02:12 PM

75 posts, read 269,829 times
hi ana
Celebration is one of the newer communities of Osceola County....
It is very touristy as you are only 15-20 minutes from disney world.....
so traffic may be congested at times....the homes are nice there and they
are very pricey....I have not heard much on the public schools there,,I
know they have one right in the community....my kids go to a private school
as I have lived here my whole life and am not fond of the public schools.
there are chain restaurants all over the place as the main road out of celebration is hwy 192 . hope this helps....
kat

Old 09-30-2006, 02:55 PM

Hi Kat:

Thanks for the response. I assume you live in Osceola County,
If you do, how about the crime, community, people.... Is it a
nice place to live considering all the tourism? I have seen alot of
good and bad comments, that is why I am extremely confused.
Can you give me more insight on the above issues? I really
appreciate it.
Thanks.
Ana

Old 09-30-2006, 05:56 PM

269 posts, read 1,057,161 times
The only way that you're really going to get a fell for it is to spend some time there. The feedback that I have gotten (I just sold a home to them in Hernando County) is that it has gotten very touristy lately...that the locals don't even use the shops in Celebration becuase of all the tourists. There are, however, some beautiful homes...and they are fairly successful at creating that "Towny" atmosphere with the Neo-Traditional neighborhood setup. You can't help but know more of your neighbors because of the front porches that actually get used, and common areas. (As opposed to the new neighborhoods with cul-de-sacs and larger lots where you can live two doors down from someone for years and never have a conversation with them.)

Old 10-01-2006, 07:30 AM

Scamutz:

Thanks for the information, We really appreciate it!

Old 10-01-2006, 07:42 AM

Question More information about Celebration, Fl Please

If anyone can tell me more information regarding living in Celebration, Fl. in Osceola County would be greatly appreciated. Regarding Crime, Schools (Public School System), People, Commuting, ....

Thanks everyone for information!!

Old 10-01-2006, 09:52 AM

36 posts, read 218,272 times
I've been living in the area for almost 20 years and remember when Celebration Construction plans were announced. Celebration has always been a tourist area and will always be. You will always be surrounded by tourists. Their houses had a few years ago construction issues and their foundations where getting "rotten" sort of speak. If you are buying a house there make sure you have a Home Inspector check it out. Crime in the Kissimmee/Osceola County area is one of the lowest in the Orlando Metro area. Check the FBI stats on this website call homefair . com. The school system in Florida as a hole is poor compare to other States and the the schools in that area vary greatly, depending where you are. I believe the Schools assigned for Celebration residents are good compared to other schools in the area. I have family living in Celebration and they are happy with their location and the people overall. I love visiting there and "chill" with my laptop by their lake. Traffic in the area is not as bad as in Orlando. Where do you plan to work? It all depends on that. Good luck with your plans!

Old 10-02-2006, 09:19 AM

566 posts, read 2,058,676 times
From my one visit there...and I can say that it is picturesque, pristine, clean & simply, simply beautiful... didn't even see a little piece of paper on the floor.

btw...forgive my ignorance, does anyone know if Disney is involved in this?? Cause it sure looks like a Disney home environment for some reason... I don't know, but I bet they are behind it.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:12 AM

hi ana
cflmmo is right...
I have one friend who lives in Celebration...I know she is planning to move
I will get with her and ask her why she is moving.....
it is very touristy....Disney and Old Town are there....
as far as crime not as much as Orlando...I know there was a bank robbery
there in the last year....I would say the school in Celebration is better than
other ones in Osceola county--it is fairly newer. Not that it matters to you...
this is fyi---Kissimmee has a large hispanic population and is growing bigger
everyday....I have many spanish friends....only fyi--so don't think I am
racist because I am not.....the pay here is not good....I don't know what your
plans are for a job...but, don't expect to make too much....especially if you
are planning to buy in Celebration it is costly.....
I wish you luck.. and will try and find out why my friend is wanting to move and I will get back to you...
Kat

Old 10-02-2006, 10:16 AM

hi ana
one more thing...just type into google--either Kissimmee Florida
or even Celebration Florida and look at the demographics for the
area that will tell you quite a bit....okay???
kat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida