Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Deltona's crime rate is quite high (apparently a lot of gang activity), the schools are on the poor-to-average side and there has been considerable "white flight" from the area as there has been a very significant influx of Puerto Rican immigrants to the area. All of those components along with the housing crash have contributed to real estate devaluation. Because of the reasons mentioned, I wouldn't look for much in the way of appreciation of home values going forward.
I being in Deltona for the last 13 years, I agree at that time Deltona was a great place to live, Deltona now what is going on in Deltona in residential roberry, for the information the most big crime, was years back, that was around the US was the crime of 6 young men and girls that live together and worked on the same place Burger King and the killers were white Imigrants too. Is true there is a lot of Puerto Ricans living just live me that helped to the economy of this city immigrants with citizenship live most of us on this forum immigrants from around the world. Immigrants that serve to this country get informed the best soldiers who serve this country google it. for more info about Deltona crime visit [url]www.volusia[/url] sheriff.com click on daily activities and find out what most happen is residential roberry, domestic violence and baker act. and all ethnic include
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,428 times
@kyle19125 I can't help to noticed your constant racial remarks about Puerto Rican in Deltona, witch by the way we are not immigrants. I live in Lake Mary and every time I turn on the tv and see the news I see the normal issues of every city (most of the times is not a Puerto Rican) Anyways, Deltona is starting to pick up in Real Estate, due to new projects in this area (train, hard rock hotel in Daytona, Verizon finance corp offices, amazon, ect) people who are educated are starting to move to that side, becouse housing is getting very expensive around here. When it comes to school Seminole is best;-)

Old 02-08-2014, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,204 times
If you decide to move to Volusia County Florida the most desirable place to live is Port Orange, great schools, great housing market, excellent shopping district, Very close to beach, A very well planned city. The rest of the county sucks. Deltona is most definitely the bottom of the barrel, terrible crime (gangs), The third area is a ghetto. Nothing to do. Before you more there consider Camden N.J.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:57 PM

776 posts, read 1,672,618 times
Most all the Mackel Brothers and GDC land development schemes of the 1950's look alike today. Deltona actually is one of the nicest.. because of the land and location in close proximity to an actual city

General Development Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mackle Brothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-09-2014, 03:27 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,341,409 times
The best way to go broke is to have one or two rental properties, especially these days when you can't count on the home to be worth more down the road than you paid for it. It might very well be worth less. There's nothing wrong w/ section 8 renters. That's a stereotype. Bad tenants come in all types. Besides, by the time you pay property taxes, insurance, maintenance and repairs, and taxes on any profits, the rental business is not very attractive. The only people that make money are people that handle luxury rentals or the big real estate companies that have lots of units.

We live in South Daytona, about 1/4 mile from the Port Orange city line. You could not pay me to move there. Rednecks and Yankees from New Jersey. The place has a bad vibe (to us), but if you're out to escape "the ethnics" of Daytona, or in other words, if seeing people that are of a different color than white bothers you, it would be a nice area I suppose. Very conservative and cop loving place. New Smyrna Beach is the desirable area. Fun little town that at least is trying to be artsy, and has quite a few art and music festivals regularly.

Last edited by smarino; 02-09-2014 at 03:40 AM..

Old 08-04-2014, 05:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,850 times
On August 27th. 2014 will make a year that I and my family reside in Volusia county, Deltona. I am happy to say we made a house into a home. Our neighbors are quite friendly and the neighborhood is clean and quiet and a pleasure to live in. I am not out of touch with the crimes that occur in our community, but to point fingers and use ethnic, racial, color and or religion as the problem is troubling. More so then the crimes themselves. It saddens me, it also brings a sense of fear to think my neighbors are bigots, racists and blaming immigrants for the crimes that are taking place. This is America, we are living in the "twenty-First Century". Hello!!!! People please stop hating. Trust me, I am a Veteran served in the war. There is enough hate in this world and there is no place for it here. Don't judge a group of people for the downfalls of a few. In my travels I've seen the same crimes throughout the states, throughout the world. It can not be blamed on immigrants for we all are, unless your of native American decent. Now, back at the ranch, I see middle class hard working people, cutting their lawns, walking their dogs. I also receive many greetings and hand waves from those I come across, "In Deltona". If there is a problem and no doubt that there may be then be proactive. We all play a part in this beautiful city. Go out and vote, go to city hall and make your words count. Have our politicians work harder and find the funds for more policing. Lets not whine and cry, lets get off our buts and do something about it. I have not read any solutions, I only read bitter, uneducated folk expressing and sharing their own sickening venom/poison. I believe you are no better than the criminals running our streets. I apologize if I offended anyone, that was not my intension. My name is Adrian I am originally from The Great State Of New York, I am American of Puerto Rican ancestry, I am a veteran, I am Gay, I am active in my community, I am a Deltona resident and happy to be so. Wake up America !!!!

Last edited by combatmarine1969; 08-04-2014 at 05:09 PM..

Old 08-05-2014, 06:11 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,886,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_men View Post
@kyle19125 I can't help to noticed your constant racial remarks about Puerto Rican in Deltona, witch by the way we are not immigrants. I live in Lake Mary and every time I turn on the tv and see the news I see the normal issues of every city (most of the times is not a Puerto Rican) Anyways, Deltona is starting to pick up in Real Estate, due to new projects in this area (train, hard rock hotel in Daytona, Verizon finance corp offices, amazon, ect) people who are educated are starting to move to that side, becouse housing is getting very expensive around here. When it comes to school Seminole is best;-)
I'm aware of the fact that Puerto Ricans aren't immigrants, thanks for the "enlightenment" and by the way my comments aren't racially motivated but fact. Deltona has a well-documented issue with gangs, most of whom are Puerto Rican...i.e. the Latin Kings. Furthermore the new projects in the area have nothing to do with Deltona, Sunrail's "end of the line" is in DeBary and means squat for Deltona. The Hard Rock Hotel in Daytona Beach has been delayed for another year and there are questions whether it will actually ever be built. Beyond that I'm not sure how a 250 room hotel is going to change the economic conditions of a town 30 miles away. Much like the Verizon offices you speak of in Lake Mary where of the 270 employed there most are transfers from other offices (although Rick Scott was quick to claim it was all part of his job growth agenda ). As a further FYI Amazon's Fulfillment Center is in Lakeland, a mere 85 mile commute for Deltona residents. In terms of "educated residents" moving to Deltona I wouldn't hold my breath. Orlando is dead last of major US cities in terms of percentage of residents holding a Bachelor's degree or better, and have a hard time believing that sample population has an itch for Deltona....especially given the public education prospects.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:36 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,123,127 times
According to the U.S. Cenus, last one, Orlando has 32.1 percent of the population with Bachelors' degrees or better. The U.S. average is 26.2

Houston Tx is 28.7.

Please clarify your statement.

Quote:
Orlando is dead last of major US cities in terms of percentage of residents holding a Bachelor's degree or better,.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:20 PM

27,196 posts, read 43,886,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
According to the U.S. Cenus, last one, Orlando has 32.1 percent of the population with Bachelors' degrees or better. The U.S. average is 26.2

Houston Tx is 28.7.

Please clarify your statement.
That number of 32.1% applies only to the city of Orlando (population 240K) and not the Orlando metro area (population 2.1 million) which sits at 28.1% currently and ranks #61 along with Miami/Ft Lauderdale/West Palm Beach among the Top 100 Most Populated Metro Areas.

The Top 50 metro areas are at 29% or better and the Top 25 are 33% or better with that overall US average of 26%.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...reas.html?_r=0

Old 08-06-2014, 01:27 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,123,127 times
Quote:
That number of 32.1% applies only to the city of Orlando (population 240K) and not the Orlando metro area (population 2.1 million) which sits at 28.1% currently and ranks #61 along with Miami/Ft Lauderdale/West Palm Beach among the Top 100 Most Populated Metro Areas.

The Top 50 metro areas are at 29% or better and the Top 25 are 33% or better with that overall US average of 26%.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...reas.html?_r=0

Oh my oh my. Central FL is a couple of percentage points less than the areas with the highest concentration of those with bachelor degrees or better. Sell the house, quit the job, pack up, we are out of here. I guess Maitland, Altamonte Springs, Winter Park are to be rated separately. The city of Houston must actually be lower since it has such a large metro area around it where the people live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida