Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:27 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,157,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchsnook View Post
Mod your are taking the fun out of it.

My take is.....before we worry so much about global warming....which I think we should....we should direct all of our energy on Clean drinking WATER.

The fact is, not just in America but throughout the world, water is the endangered speices. Countries will go to war for it and states will fight over it.

I for one would like to see someone take advantage of this global warming problem
and tow one of these giant Icebergs in for bottled water. Talk about a goldmine. Can you imagine just how pure this water would taste?

Anybody takes this idea and makes money on it......I want 2% royality.

Thanks
Talk about global warming not a problem. Last time that we started to talk about Gore, WW X was started and we are not going on that direction.

Thank you.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:44 PM

189 posts, read 344,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchsnook View Post
Mod your are taking the fun out of it.

My take is.....before we worry so much about global warming....which I think we should....we should direct all of our energy on Clean drinking WATER.

The fact is, not just in America but throughout the world, water is the endangered speices. Countries will go to war for it and states will fight over it.

I for one would like to see someone take advantage of this global warming problem
and tow one of these giant Icebergs in for bottled water. Talk about a goldmine. Can you imagine just how pure this water would taste?

Anybody takes this idea and makes money on it......I want 2% royality.

Thanks
I guess there's a different reason to worry about if the sky will fall, the wars and fighting being caused by a lack of water, I mean.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:05 PM

25 posts, read 92,665 times
Sometimes I read this forum and I say to myself now I know why people think Florida is so screwed up. It's Because of people like the ones on this forum who for some reason cannot find work, or think that property taxes are too high or hurricanes are too frequent. Gimmie a break I have been here for ten years and they have been the most prosperous years of my life. Up until 2003 you could buy a house for a good price. Yes things got nuts late 03 till late 06 but that happened everywhere. As far as taxes what's everyone talking about. My parents live in Cleveland Ohio. Their property taxes are higher then mine and they have to pay for garbage pick up, and state taxes. As far as work well I have friends in Denver who cant find work, San Diego no jobs there either according to some old college buddies, and well seems like it's tough all over the place. I find one thing strange I have always found solid employment, my neighbors all seem to have carrers that pay the bills and even some people I that work in my office building are some how making there mortgage and car payments. So stop complaining life is what you make it.
If you cant make it in Florida you probably cant make it here or there or anywhere. And if your excuse is property taxes well then do some research because they aint much cheaper anywhere else.
Oh and by the way Global warming come on. People actually believe that? The Earth has been around for 5 billion years and we maybe have data going back a couple thousand. Are we arrogant enough to assume a planet that has seen countless evolutions, Ice ages and god knows what else that we can actually present theories based on a couple thousand years of data over a 5 billion year time span. Thats like judging a Major league baseball players batting average over a 10 year career and thousands of at bats by one swing. Just not enough data to even come close. Ok the earth is getting warmer great news, oh wait it's getting colder in other places bad news, oh wait ah forget it people like to be scared it's human nature. If you really care about GW ride your bike, recycle, get a hybrid and stop spewing so much hot air.
My.02

Old 12-07-2007, 08:00 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
Yep. And emissions haven't helped one stinking bit. We might want to postpone the situation, if we are thoughtful people.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:21 PM

548 posts, read 540,652 times
Wow, some folks amaze me. We have clear pictures of the polar ice caps 30 years ago and today. In 30 years much of them have melted.....30 years...thats thirty years...as in the number after 29....

So the earth has undergone heating and cooling over million and billions of years...well, yeah...

But once again for the people posting nonsense saying global warming is not real....30 years...look at the pictures. Ice that we can document has been around for thousands of years has melted...in the last 30 years.

Honestly, why on earth would people even want to say it isn't real. What are they gaining? Make someone from another political party look bad? It is not a political issue, its the future of the world.

NOAA Scientists Say Arctic Ice Is Melting Faster Than Expected - washingtonpost.com

Old 12-07-2007, 08:46 PM

Because, if you blame it on a natural cyclical effect, you can excuse being a selfish jerk.

If you agree with them, but tell them that they aren't helping matters by driving the Escalade to the neighbors house down the street, they can't easily dismiss it.

But they still will.

Because, in the long run, they think about no one but themselves, and being unenlightened works to their own advantage.

Don't read the newspapers, don't turn on the nightly news, don't pick up a book, unless it is pulp, and buy the so-called cheapest prices at Wal-Mart, whether it benefits them or anyone else, in the long run.

They figure they will die soon, and they plan to die with the most toys, even if the the toys are kind of schlocky and in bad taste.

And then they win.

Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFlorida View Post
Wow, some folks amaze me. We have clear pictures of the polar ice caps 30 years ago and today. In 30 years much of them have melted.....30 years...thats thirty years...as in the number after 29....

So the earth has undergone heating and cooling over million and billions of years...well, yeah...

But once again for the people posting nonsense saying global warming is not real....30 years...look at the pictures. Ice that we can document has been around for thousands of years has melted...in the last 30 years.

Honestly, why on earth would people even want to say it isn't real. What are they gaining? Make someone from another political party look bad? It is not a political issue, its the future of the world.

NOAA Scientists Say Arctic Ice Is Melting Faster Than Expected - washingtonpost.com

Old 12-07-2007, 08:50 PM

35 posts, read 202,555 times
I love it when people say. "I drive a big car to protect my family"
Nobody cares about other Americans, their countrymen. Why should they care if American pedestians are more likely to die if hit by an SUV? Why should they care if the old woman in a toyota is killed when an SUV hits her. As long as their family is safe. They do care, however, if they have to pay a lot for gas. God, American have become so selfish.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneOsborne View Post
I love it when people say. "I drive a big car to protect my family"
Nobody cares about other Americans, their countrymen. Why should they care if American pedestians are more likely to die if hit by an SUV? Why should they care if the old woman in a toyota is killed when an SUV hits her. As long as their family is safe. They do care, however, if they have to pay a lot for gas. God, American have become so selfish.
Wow! Is this ever true.

I was on a forum that is for families faced with a rare neurological disease.

This was over three years ago. I was living in Florida, which suddenly became noticeably hotter, and had just gone through Charley, let alone the other hurricanes.

I started talking about global warming, the price of gas and what could ultimately happen if our country was a slave to oil prices...well, you get the idea.

Entire families were dying of this disease, of which my own immediate family is affected, but they would not give up those Escalades, Caddilacs, SUVs, because they felt that they were safer in them.

Too heck with the other guy.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:08 AM

381 posts, read 1,685,501 times
Global warming is most definitely not a factor in my family's decision to move. I've lived here my entire life, and it's always been hot. My birthday is the 15th and I remember it being in the 80's on most of my birthdays, and it's rarely below 75 on Christmas. Sometimes a cold front will come around New Year's, but that hasn't happened for awhile.

Besides, there's more of a chance that a hurricane will put Florida under water than global warming. Now that's a factor.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Ten

163 posts, read 334,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFlorida View Post

Antarctic ice is growing.

http://www.tcsdaily.com/images/Library/None/030306E.bmp (broken link)

Again. It's. Cyclical.

CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas and man's contribution to it is but a trace.

http://mysite.verizon.net/mhieb/WVFossils/PageMill_Images/image270f.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida