Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 04:18 PM

134 posts, read 522,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHtoFLMom View Post
I suggest you spend some time driving around both areas and spending time on their county school websites. I live in a suburb area of Tampa and absolutely love it. The schools that my children attend (elementary and middle) are all A rated under the Florida state report card system and all have very strong PTAs. We moved from NH in 2004 and my children have had no difficulty adjusting. They are involved in activities/sports and we have made many friends. We chose an area of Tampa that has a high percentage of young families and is not considered a retirement area. Good luck in your search process. If you would like to PM and communicate further, I would be happy to.

I would advise not putting too much worth into the "A" rated schools. We had "A" rated schools in our area and that doesn't mean the discipline structure or the academics were that great. Sure, the kids could pass the FCAT test...that is great, but again they are teaching the test. I would talk to parents and listen carefully to find out if this "A" rated school is actually worth the paper it is printed on. My kids have been in both "A" rated public schools and private schools, and hands down the private schools provide a much disciplined environment and challenging academics. Discipline problems rarely exist because the kids who disrupt the class are thrown out on their butts. While not everyone can afford private school, I would highly recommend listening to other parents vs. the "A" status. Sometimes a school with a lower grade might have wonderful teachers. Also you can look into magnet programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 7,256 times
I currently live in the Ocala Marion county area and is considering moving to tampa with my teenage boy My son graduate HS 2014 So considering moving to tampa for College! My interest is Suburb area to settle in my 40's and 50's I like family area communities/gated++ because I have alot of small nieces and nephews who comes to visit alot (BIG FAMILY) we all live in Ocala fl but with the situation in ocala is so slow and my son could probably do better in tampa with his GPA. I rent but would like to rent again or own in the future townhome/single fam.. any suggestions would be nice Again I like suburb areas NOT considered a retirement area Friends told me about Coral springs , Riverview? I'm in Doubt PLEASE HELP! have a Blessed Day :-)

Old 08-07-2012, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,965 times
Hi,
We just recently moved to Tampa my husband is in the military just looking for suggestions on where to live we have two children one who is 9 years and the other is 12 years old so we are looking for top rated schools. Any help please??

Quote:
I suggest you spend some time driving around both areas and spending time on their county school websites. I live in a suburb area of Tampa and absolutely love it. The schools that my children attend (elementary and middle) are all A rated under the Florida state report card system and all have very strong PTAs. We moved from NH in 2004 and my children have had no difficulty adjusting. They are involved in activities/sports and we have made many friends. We chose an area of Tampa that has a high percentage of young families and is not considered a retirement area. Good luck in your search process. If you would like to PM and communicate further, I would be happy to.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:02 AM

99 posts, read 203,409 times
Business Week magazine named Niceville as the best city in Florida to raise a family. My wife and I drove through Niceville on the way to our vacation destination about a decade ago. We stopped for a short time, and immediately fell in love. We moved here shortly afterward.

I wasn't at all surprised to see Niceville highlighted as a great place to raise a family. I've lived in 14 states and about 20 cities/towns in my adult life, and this is the best place I've ever lived.

I won't go into detail, as the article does a pretty nice job. But I will say that this article only scratches the surface. The Best Places to Raise Your Kids 2012 - Great schools and low crime - Businessweek

Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 PM

4 posts, read 5,545 times
Quote:
Hello my name is Beatrice I saw your post about tampa we live in NY and we are looking to move to tampa we have a 10 year old who loves sorts and softball so I was wondering where you live in the tampa area that is a good family community that would be good to meet other family's and kids any help would be appreciated planning on moving down this summer thank you very much

Old 01-02-2014, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,155 times
Hello every one I'm here Seattle 12 years. I'm nurse I have two under 6 years kids I'm tray to move tampa it's any thing you guys tell me about tampa I know the weather so good .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida