Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:03 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post

When you say there's only a few on this board doing all of the whining, your talking about natives?
I'm talking about the ones who keep crying how Florida isn't the same any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 09:30 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
I'm talking about the ones who keep crying how Florida isn't the same any more.
verobeach, i respect your opinion, and i love florida. i was born here pretty close to where you live. but florida isnt the same place it used to be. i mean, there's no denying that. perhaps vero bch and orlando are very different, and i see things that folks in vero bch may not. i like vero bch by the way.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:00 PM

2,086 posts, read 7,644,217 times
I am a born and raised native Floridian, so is my mom. My dad practically is, except that he was born in NY and spent a few years there as a child. I just don't live there anymore, but do visit the parents and friends there occasionally.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:58 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,730,526 times
Thumbs up Yes!

Yes! Born in Orlando, lived in Orlando and Central Florida area for 25 years, and now living on the Suncoast of Florida. I do consider myself a "Floridian"!

Old 11-05-2007, 07:03 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Sanibel Island, right? Is that the $6 toll? If so, yes, I use to go out there just about everyday. My room mate, before she was my room mate, lived on Sanibel Island (if that's the place I'm thinking of ). I remember after the hurricane that destroyed Punta Gorda, Charley, right? Snaibel was pretty much destroyed too. Ft. Myers did pretty well over all, we didn't have water or electricity for a while, a lot of signs, roofs, cars, etc were ruined, but besides all of that, I'd say Ft. Myers did pretty well. I remember that it was next to impossible to get gas for a while though, all of the gas stations were shut down for police, ambulances, fire trucks, etc. And all of the light polls on 75 were twisted around and bent in half! But Sanibel Island was flooded, trees were all over the place, houses were leveled, it was bad.
Yes, thats it but NOW they have a new bridge and its all cleaned up. The boat ride we went on was nice because we got to see all of the islands over there from the sea.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:37 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,364,475 times
I am not a native
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
Do you consider yourself a native Floridian?

Old 11-06-2007, 11:58 AM

132 posts, read 472,146 times
Unfortunately, yes, I am a native...so is my husband...cant wait to get out of here!!! just cannot stand it anymore!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:11 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,905,841 times
I'm a cracker,

Old 11-06-2007, 12:22 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,769 times
cracker here too!!!

Old 11-08-2007, 07:06 PM

52 posts, read 288,060 times
We only moved here from the Midwest a year ago but I was actually born in Sarasota, raised here as a child, and I chuckle that I can say that! My parents owned a house in Sarasota on Orange Ave with a view of the water... I can't say that I'm exactly happy about being back in Florida but there are a lot of things that I love and am completely fascinated by (mostly the wildlife and a bit by the fact that my temperature gauge has changed so much since I came back); however, I really miss the change of seasons, a chilly fall day, and our kids' neighborhood school...

It is my impression that some areas are much more transient than others... Southwest Florida being a prime example. I feel like here there are many fewer 'natives' than up north. It's such a retirement area that it seems like everyone either moved here to retire (at least half the year) and everyone else moved here to work in an industry that serves the retirees. It is pretty here but frustrating. I'm thinking I might enjoy it more somewhere north of Orlando. I'd like a couple acres somewhere close to the Ocala National Forest (just dreaming here...).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida