Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:52 PM

765 posts, read 2,638,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
White Castle would be fantastic........great burgers.
They are pretty much the same thing as Krystal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpop View Post
They are pretty much the same thing as Krystal.
Besides being small there really is no comparison.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:23 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Besides being small there really is no comparison.

I agree.....that's what I meant in regards to Five Guys and Whataburger in comparison to In and Out-

It's about taste......White Castle tastes better than Krystal

In and Out Burger tastes better than Five Guys or Whataburger........to me at least.

Why else would you eat fast food......to be healthy?

It's about taste.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Five Guys and Whataburger are not similar.

Also- they pay more than that.

And- no.....they are not "living high on the hog"

Satisfied?
Moderator cut: snip
All 3 chain burger restaurants, while you may fall under the hypnotic, "gotta have a (place chain burger joint name here", there are many similar burgers. I have my favorite burger places but most only have one location.

Starting pay is $10 an hour, my son started at a restaurant in Central Florida as he is currently in college and makes $11.50 an hr. This is the same tired nonsense that every place in Florida pays terrible.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
The only chain hamburger joint I'm interested in seeing locate to Tampa Bay is White Castle. Bigger, sloppier burgers isn't always better burgers.
Must be from Chicago area? We used to drive 50 miles in the early 60s to get our White Castles by the bagfuls.....but then we also drove to the original Mc Donalds to get the $.15 burgers and fries back then, too.

Then in the 1990s when we were driving up from Florida, I made my family stop at the first White Castle we came to-someplace in Indiana down by Indianapolis. My family was like" you have talked about these burgers for years and they are HORRIBLE!" But they don't get the "cardboard pizza" that I have to have from Monicals up that way either. I think a lot of time with food it is the memories that make it taste better even if the food is just so so to others.

BTW.....don't like 5 Guys......just too greasy for me.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:32 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Jack in the Box expresses interest in North Florida - Jacksonville Business Journal

Thought that was interesting..

Old 01-09-2013, 11:24 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
In-n-out Burger is really nothing to write home about.

It's cheap fast-food burgers.... Woopty freakin doo!
They have this cult-following in California and that's all they have going for themselves. I've eaten there many times, but was not so enchanted by the burgers to wanna see them open up all over FL. . .

besides doesn't FL have enough overweight ppl eating at fast food joints?
Let's get some more Korean BBQ joints in FL and some better Mexican food. . . Screw IN n out burger. That place sucks.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Must be from Chicago area? We used to drive 50 miles in the early 60s to get our White Castles by the bagfuls.....but then we also drove to the original Mc Donalds to get the $.15 burgers and fries back then, too.

Then in the 1990s when we were driving up from Florida, I made my family stop at the first White Castle we came to-someplace in Indiana down by Indianapolis. My family was like" you have talked about these burgers for years and they are HORRIBLE!" But they don't get the "cardboard pizza" that I have to have from Monicals up that way either. I think a lot of time with food it is the memories that make it taste better even if the food is just so so to others.

BTW.....don't like 5 Guys......just too greasy for me.
Lol-I worked in the Chicago area for a couple of years. There was a place in DuPage County called **** Robin (horrible name, I know) that made really good McDonalds type burgers and fries. The sandwich I miss the the most, though, is the Chicago style Italian Beef. Nice crispy roll piled high with simmered beef and au jus, topped with sport peppers. Yum.

Home of the Italian Beef

Ha! CD censored the name of the restaurant I mentioned. It's another term for a rooster.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:17 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,415,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I don't think IN-N-OUT is anything special. I think they are very much like Krispy Kreme was in the early 2000's. It's a cult following, it's cool to like them and only those who have lived or traveled to their limited market area have experienced them. The stores are always busy (much like Krispy Kreme's were), they sell IN-N-OUT merchandise (like Krispy Kreme did). Krispy Kreme's gimmick was the HOT Doughnut sign.

IN-N-OUT's gimmick is you can order your burger either off the menu.... or if you are in the know you can use their "secret menu". Be it, Animal Style, Protein Style, Flying Dutchman, 3X3, etc. They will also 'custom cook' your fries. Basically they have come through on Burger King's Promise "You're Way", and do so with code talk so you don't feel like such a slob ordering. After all, "I'll take a 3x3 Animal style and a large Animal Style fry." Sounds a whole lot better than, "I'll take a triple cheeseburger with 3 pieces of cheese, Pickles, extra sauce, grilled onions and fried mustard with a Large Cheese fry with onions and extra sauce on top."

Remember how cool it was when you were when you would go to Starbucks and order your coffee using Starbuck's Lingo and your friend would ask what you ordered? Yeah... same thing at In-N-Out. Oh... and In-N-Out also has that 50's diner decor and all the workers wear little paper hats.
This!

Maybe I enjoy In-N-Out so much because I do not live in one of their market areas, so eating there is always special for me. Knowing the lingo is fun too. Got a 4x4 animal style one time. That thing was HUGE (and delicious)!

I wouldn't necessarily need In-N-Out in FL if I lived there. It's one of those things that make traveling out West special.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
I agree.....that's what I meant in regards to Five Guys and Whataburger in comparison to In and Out-

It's about taste......White Castle tastes better than Krystal

In and Out Burger tastes better than Five Guys or Whataburger........to me at least.

Why else would you eat fast food......to be healthy?

It's about taste.
Exactly. I've never had In and Out or Whataburger so I can't comment on either. Five Guys is overrated, IMO. I could eat White Castle every week and probably not get tired of them. I even buy the frozen ones every now and then to get my fix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida