Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2007, 01:20 PM

2 posts, read 4,619 times

Advertisements

My friend and I are looking to move to Florida and are researching some good spots for people our age....any ideas??? We like the beach, night life...some where to work and relax...

Old 10-18-2007, 01:22 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,878,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeliaCCP View Post
My friend and I are looking to move to Florida and are researching some good spots for people our age....any ideas??? We like the beach, night life...some where to work and relax...
For bigger cities
1. Miami Beach (do NOT live in surrounding areas)
2. Fort Lauderdale and surrounding areas
3. Tampa and surrounding areas

What are some other characteristics you seek? Tampa area offers a more low-key, laid back lifestyle, Miami Beach can be pretty intense and big city-ish, and Fort Lauderdale area is somewhere in the middle, although more towards the intense side.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:27 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,504,617 times
Quote:
How will you be paying your bills?

What sort of jobs are you looking for?

Suggest researching the job market first.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
How will you be paying your bills?

What sort of jobs are you looking for?

Suggest researching the job market first.
I agree with this strongly. Please come here with a job rounded up. Florida ruins people who don't.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:57 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,209,010 times
s fla? make a lot of money y hable espanol?

orlando? hable espanol?

try northern fla or perhaps charlotte or raleigh nc...

i live in orlando and would never move here again. i am originally from s fla and would never live there again, as the nice spots are way too expensive anyway.

look, i'm not trying to sound negative, but i am your age and it is expensive to live here (in most parts of fla), and wages are low. i like fla a lot, but some cities in fla are just ones to stay away from...why fla and where are you moving from anyway?

Old 10-19-2007, 10:57 AM

137 posts, read 549,936 times
Look at Gainesville, it's a little smaller than the others mentioned and not ON the beach but beaches are not far. I think it's a little safer for young women than south FL and the average age is much younger here since it is a college town. Florida is NOT all glamor and glitz please be careful where you select and the advise about having a job first, is VERY good advice. Good Luck! Also, if you are wanting to come to FL to relax, think again....we may be the south but we move pretty fast here. I went to OR and almost fell asleep with their pace, but I liked it! lol

Old 10-19-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post

or perhaps charlotte or raleigh nc...

i
LOL!!!!!That is too funny!!!

I second the Gainesville advice even if the beach is too far.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:58 PM

515 posts, read 1,346,739 times
Key West would fit the bill very well, however you'd probably need a few roommates if you want to find affordable housing down there. Sill, if you want to have fun and party for a while before actually starting a real career, it's a great place to do that. Other than the typical service oriented jobs there isn't much there. It's a place to spend a year or two, not a lifetime.

For an area with better opportunities and a lower cost of living, I'd suggest the Pinellas County coast, such as Clearwater, Gulfport, St. Pete Beach, Treasure Island, etc. You don't need to speak Spanish to get by and the cost of living and traffic are nowhere near as bad as they are in South Florida.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occifer View Post
You don't need to speak Spanish to get by and the cost of living and traffic are nowhere near as bad as they are in South Florida.
I disagree with part of this. I don't speak a word of spanish and get by without a hiccup, and nothing down this way is as congested as highway 19. Agree about the cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida