Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 AM

119 posts, read 219,706 times

Advertisements

I just recently read about this because I saw that there were six murders last year in Daytona, which means that Daytona really isnt so safe.

It makes me wonder why did someone kill him? Someone said in another site that he had enemies in high places. I guess that means he had rich enemies who could kill someone and then cover their tracks? Or what else could it be? I know one time this boy got beat us back in 99 or 2000 in Daytona and the people that did were about to throw him in the ocean where sharks were. This stuff does make you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 06:01 AM

161 posts, read 412,748 times
Not that Daytona and Chicago can be compared...but Chicago had 532 murders last year. I will take Daytona.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM

119 posts, read 219,706 times
No its not like Chicago, but I mean it seems like its not a good idea to go out walking at night?

Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
[quote=william29;28098998]I just recently read about this because I saw that there were six murders last year in Daytona, which means that Daytona really isnt so safe.

It makes me wonder why did someone kill him? Someone said in another site that he had enemies in high places. I guess that means he had rich enemies who could kill someone and then cover their tracks? Or what else could it be? I know one time this boy got beat us back in 99 or 2000 in Daytona and the people that did were about to throw him in the ocean where sharks were. This stuff does make you think.[/quote

Most murders just don't randomly happen, most are gang on gang, drug deals gone wrong, etc.

What I'm saying is if you put yourself in the wrong place, bad things will happen.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
[quote=blueherons;28107824]
Quote:
Originally Posted by william29 View Post
I just recently read about this because I saw that there were six murders last year in Daytona, which means that Daytona really isnt so safe.

It makes me wonder why did someone kill him? Someone said in another site that he had enemies in high places. I guess that means he had rich enemies who could kill someone and then cover their tracks? Or what else could it be? I know one time this boy got beat us back in 99 or 2000 in Daytona and the people that did were about to throw him in the ocean where sharks were. This stuff does make you think.[/quote

Most murders just don't randomly happen, most are gang on gang, drug deals gone wrong, etc.

What I'm saying is if you put yourself in the wrong place, bad things will happen.
You are correct. I just did a quick google search and it appears this guy was found beaten to death on the roof of a building wearing only socks. I guess it could have been random.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:07 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeGirl78 View Post
Not that Daytona and Chicago can be compared...but Chicago had 532 murders last year. I will take Daytona.
Murders aside, Chicago was ranked as the 79th most Dangerous City...

Daytona Beach was 34th...

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 02-13-2013 at 07:02 AM..

Old 02-07-2013, 03:41 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Murders aside, Chicago was ranked as the 79th most Dangerous City...

Daytona Beach was 34th...
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Seriously? Sites like that will look at stats but not look at what those stats arise from. When Daytona has bike week or spring break, there will be a bunch of fights and of course during big celebrations like this there will be opportunistic thieves, LIKE ANY CITY. The fights will be counted as assaults if people are arrested and if there is a snatch and grab that will also be counted as a violent crime.

Outside of those times Daytona, while still having some goings on, will be relatively quiet. Go hang out wherever all the old residents from Cabrini Green moved and I'm sure you will be so much safer than Daytona. Or head on over to Humboldt Park, there have only been 141 murders in that neighborhood since 2007, yes just that neighborhood.

Last edited by Yac; 02-13-2013 at 07:02 AM..

Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Seriously? Sites like that will look at stats but not look at what those stats arise from. When Daytona has bike week or spring break, there will be a bunch of fights and of course during big celebrations like this there will be opportunistic thieves, LIKE ANY CITY. The fights will be counted as assaults if people are arrested and if there is a snatch and grab that will also be counted as a violent crime.

Outside of those times Daytona, while still having some goings on, will be relatively quiet. Go hang out wherever all the old residents from Cabrini Green moved and I'm sure you will be so much safer than Daytona. Or head on over to Humboldt Park, there have only been 141 murders in that neighborhood since 2007, yes just that neighborhood.
LoL, a week ago I posted the official statistics from the FBI and was blasted by some guy that claimed several South Carolina cities were in the top 50, so I find this site that lists their statistics, and now those aren't good either?

I haven't been to Daytona in probably 15 years so I have no idea how it is there, all I know is that Daytona didn't make the FBI's list, but it shows up on others lists.

It does say "Dangerous City" though, I suppose that doesn't just mean homicide.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:33 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
LoL, a week ago I posted the official statistics from the FBI and was blasted by some guy that claimed several South Carolina cities were in the top 50, so I find this site that lists their statistics, and now those aren't good either?

I haven't been to Daytona in probably 15 years so I have no idea how it is there, all I know is that Daytona didn't make the FBI's list, but it shows up on others lists.

It does say "Dangerous City" though, I suppose that doesn't just mean homicide.
The list you posted has Compton as 63rd and Daytona as 34th, that's all I needed to see

Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
The list you posted has Compton as 63rd and Daytona as 34th, that's all I needed to see
Compton is nothing today compared to what it was in the early 1990's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: