Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 PM

666 posts, read 1,292,456 times

Advertisements

I-95 NORTH From Miami

Ft. Lauderdale
West Palm Beach
Daytona Beach
Jacksonville

SOUTH from GA Border

Jacksonville
Daytona Beach
Miami

I-75 NORTH from Miami

Naples
Tampa
Ocala
Lake City
Valdosta (GA)

SOUTH from GA Border

Tampa (Tampa is "announced" from Macon, GA)
Naples
Miami

I-4 EAST from Tampa

Orlando
Daytona Beach

WEST from Daytona Beach

Orlando
Tampa

I-10 EAST from AL Border

Pensacola
Tallahassee
Lake City
Jacksonville

WEST from Jacksonville

Lake City
Tallahassee
Pensacola
Mobile (AL)

FL's turnpike

NORTH from Miami

Orlando
Ocala

SOUTH from I-75 terminus

Orlando
Miami

Now, my comments on this

1. On I-95, there is not too much I can say, except that from Daytona Beach, in the boards that tell you to continue south with the arrow it should say "South Florida" which everyone knows refers to the Miami-Ft Laud-WPB Area.

2. On I-75... Ok... Naples? It definitely should be Fort Myers. Fort Myers is the main hub of SW Florida, with the largest airport and the most attractions. What does Naples have? When you read Naples from both Tampa or Miami you expect it to be a large metro area, but it is just a cute town with beautiful developed areas for the rich. Fort Myers has more personality as a city than Naples, even with a few skyscrapers along Caloosahatchee River. So Naples should be taken off in favor of Fort Myers or, if it is better, put both cities from Tampa and Miami. On the route north after Tampa you read Ocala and then Lake City. Come on. Neither of these cities is the next largest. When I went the first time on I-75 I expected to read Gainesville, the next large area with the largest university and research center north of Tampa and Orlanda. Ocala is not a large city and Lake City is just a town when I-10 and I-75 cross over. Additionally, at least coming to I-75 from I-4 there should be a sign reading ATLANTA.

3. On I-4 it is ok.

4. On I-10. Again, Lake City... From Jacksonville. So if someone plans to go to Tallahassee, the next big hub west of Jacksonville people have no clue they have to take I-10 west unless they have a GPS. COME ON, it should be TALLAHASSEE from Jacksonville. In any case, from Jacksonville it should read Tallahassee AND Atlanta, not Lake City. People who want to go to Atlanta from Jax takes I-10 north, and when they arrive to I-75, it should read Atlanta and not Valdosta.

Naples and Lake City are not large hubs where people go to work and hang a lot like other main areas around and especially in the case of Lake City it should be taken away in favor of the next cities. After Gainesville it should being to read Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 01:39 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,339,875 times
You forgot Melbourne on I-95. Roughly the same size as Daytona, but a much nicer area in general (IMO)

Old 02-12-2013, 01:53 PM

I haven't been in I-95 north from WPB for a long time, last time I went it said Daytona Beach from WPB. Did they change it to Melbourne?

Old 02-12-2013, 01:56 PM

For those who have been along I-95 in Virginia (Richmond) there is a junction going south to I-85, if you read it read Durham and ATLANTA for I-85 (9 hours away) and Rocky Mount and MIAMI for I-95 (15 hours away). After that you don't read Miami until you get to Daytona Beach or Atlanta until you reach Greenville SC

Old 02-12-2013, 02:49 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,424,675 times
Tampa can also be seen in Atlanta as a control.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:43 PM

2,962 posts, read 5,003,528 times
The real question is whats the very first "South of the Border" sign on I-95 south.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida