Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 05:39 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLbornraised View Post
Such arrogance and snobby-ness..
Yes. Absolutely I'm snobby-ite about living in Florida. My facebook page is full of beautiful photos of Florida. My friends and family hate me.

I'm snobby-ete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 06:19 AM

37 posts, read 143,326 times
this made me giggle... we made the move to ORMOND BY THE SEA last Oct fr Fargo ND.
Not regretted it.. we know the summers are gonna be hot.. but we live ON THE OCEAN plus we hv a air conditioned beach cottage.. we'll be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
LOL, so cute.
People that are dealing with the blizzard up north are all wishing to be in FL.
Mind you, it's 78 degrees and sunny here in Broward county. Can't say I blame them.

Man, it feels good to be living in Florida right now.

*basks in my comfortably warm sunshine
*smiles
*takes bite of taco
*thinks about what time I'll hit the pool today and where my sunblock is.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:16 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,985,263 times
I guess I'm snobby about it too. I think moving here was a great decision and I do not miss the snow at all. In fact, it takes a big storm like this to remind me that snow still exists in the world. I'd much rather have to decide between shorts and capris today than to have to look for dry gloves and a warm hat.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:56 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
LOL, so cute.
People that are dealing with the blizzard up north are all wishing to be in FL.
Mind you, it's 78 degrees and sunny here in Broward county. Can't say I blame them.

Man, it feels good to be living in Florida right now.

*basks in my comfortably warm sunshine
*smiles
*takes bite of taco
*thinks about what time I'll hit the pool today and where my sunblock is.
happens every year about this time in the Tampa/ST Pete forum as well

Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
And in July /aug well see the spike of "sick of this heat want to move someplace with seasons" posts..from the same people who moved down for warmth and didn't realize they got a steam room turned on lava setting

Old 02-10-2013, 09:28 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,796,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
And in July /aug well see the spike of "sick of this heat want to move someplace with seasons" posts..from the same people who moved down for warmth and didn't realize they got a steam room turned on lava setting
LOL! So true. The cold and snow sucks! But not as bad as Florida from May - September. It is truly miserable. And, dont even consider when you add in a bad hurricane season.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:07 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
LOL! So true. The cold and snow sucks! But not as bad as Florida from May - September. It is truly miserable. And, dont even consider when you add in a bad hurricane season.
I could not DISAGREE more! I hate cold, ice, snow or cold and damp. Florida summers are not bad at all compared to that crap-o-la. But glad you like it in the cold.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:19 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,463,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
I guess I'm snobby about it too. I think moving here was a great decision and I do not miss the snow at all. In fact, it takes a big storm like this to remind me that snow still exists in the world. I'd much rather have to decide between shorts and capris today than to have to look for dry gloves and a warm hat.
Sheepie thank you for the little bit of lift for my winter blues. Just this idea has giving me a little lift today. OK a big, maybe I will get dressed today after all type of lift.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:00 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Because it never gets hot up north.

Sweltering Heat Returns To New York City | StateImpact Pennsylvania

Old 02-10-2013, 03:20 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
I watch the 11 o'clock news....and they're covering the "blizzard 2013" and are showing scenes from up north and it truly looks hellacious.

Cars completely convered in snow, streest impassable, no power to hundreds of thousands of homes, bone chilling temperatures and wind, ugh!

I would so so thank to god, allah, moses, whatever that i dont live up in that awfulness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida