Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 08:52 AM

623 posts, read 965,347 times

Advertisements

People who seem to have left Florida for whatever reason can't seem to stop talking about Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 10:59 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,120,893 times
Yes... that seems very true here. We read along as they voice their disgust for FL and then when they finally leave they keep coming back to the FL forum. I would figure if someone hated a place so much that they had to move away, they would try to put it behind them and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
People who seem to have left Florida for whatever reason can't seem to stop talking about Florida

Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 AM

861 posts, read 1,455,349 times
Deep down inside, they're jealous of the state.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:19 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,936,812 times
That happens a lot.

The California forum is even worse.

They are trying to justify they made the correct decision leaving Florida.

However, the very fact they are coming back to rant, shows they are just bitter and regretful.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,245,210 times
I thought the purpose of a Relocation Forum was to inform viewers and participants of the Pro's and Con's of a particular area that they were interested in. I think some of the people who have lived in Florida and moved away could have some valuable information to pass on to people interested in moving there. I honestly believe that if i knew about this forum and some of the information i could have gained from it before i moved to Florida i definatly would have made a few adjustments to my plans. Maybe some of the people who come back and post are just trying to help some of the new people moving down to avoid certain pittfalls. I'm not saying its OK to come on here and just bad mouth Florida and rant and rave but there's nothing wrong with pointing out things that might help someone else. We lived down there for a full ten years and had a lot of fun. We still have property on the Gulf that we plan to stay at a couple times a year. Regretfull is the last thing i feel for moving back to N.H. Jealously no way. Absoutly the best decision we ever made. I definatly know where i want to live and where i want to visit.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:39 PM

216 posts, read 951,203 times
They miss the variety of pizza offered here.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:22 AM

Pros and Cons are what it should be about, no doubt. There are pitfalls and unexpected problems that could arise in a relocation and it is good to understand the experiences of others. Learning of the experiences of others from both sides is important. The problem I find is that the information being supplied by the unhappy is not usually very good information. The negative posters harp on low wages, no jobs, huge bugs, bad drivers, high insurance costs, higher than anticipated costs of living, the hot weather, hurricanes, and some other choice complaints. It's like the whole state is some 3rd world country separate from the other 47 mainland states. It seems like some posters had no idea what life in FL is about before they relocated here. What is the explanation for those who left their personal paradise (home) to relocate to FL in the first place?

I don't know of any place in the U.S. that does not have the same difficulties we have here in FL, economically or socially. But, one thing for sure, Florida is a very unique place and that is what draws people here. I find that a lot of the complainers simply are not seeing the big picture.

My point would be if they are going to complain and moan at least use factual information instead of overblown hype and assumed knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
I thought the purpose of a Relocation Forum was to inform viewers and participants of the Pro's and Con's of a particular area that they were interested in. I think some of the people who have lived in Florida and moved away could have some valuable information to pass on to people interested in moving there. I honestly believe that if i knew about this forum and some of the information i could have gained from it before i moved to Florida i definatly would have made a few adjustments to my plans. Maybe some of the people who come back and post are just trying to help some of the new people moving down to avoid certain pittfalls. I'm not saying its OK to come on here and just bad mouth Florida and rant and rave but there's nothing wrong with pointing out things that might help someone else. We lived down there for a full ten years and had a lot of fun. We still have property on the Gulf that we plan to stay at a couple times a year. Regretfull is the last thing i feel for moving back to N.H. Jealously no way. Absoutly the best decision we ever made. I definatly know where i want to live and where i want to visit.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:00 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,335,507 times
Because they move here thinking they will be on a permanent vacation than when they get hit with the rude awakening that life here is just like anywhere else (work, bills, work, bills, repeat), they get bitter. I think there's a sense of "how could I be so naive?" so they need to vent it back to justify there move here in the first place and there move away. Just my amateur psychology.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 AM

While I am sure there are people who would leave their lives behind to move for the permanent vacation dream, I doubt that is what we see much of here. What I think we see here are people who had a dream but it didnt work out for one reason or another so it is the fault of a place and not themselves. I would think a lot of dreamers thought employment would be a breeze for them as well not anticipating the lack of work overall. The state grew in population while the amount of available jobs shrank leaving a lot of new comers in a lurch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Because they move here thinking they will be on a permanent vacation than when they get hit with the rude awakening that life here is just like anywhere else (work, bills, work, bills, repeat), they get bitter. I think there's a sense of "how could I be so naive?" so they need to vent it back to justify there move here in the first place and there move away. Just my amateur psychology.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:19 AM

23,591 posts, read 70,367,145 times
I'm not sure that we left Florida as much as the Florida we knew left us. They cut down our citrus. They stopped us from using our own well. They closed the Winn Dixie. They closed the neighborhood movie theatres. They taxed us and increased insurance costs until we were screaming "Uncle!" and then they continued. They ripped up the rails down to Homestead and installed car lots. I could go on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida