Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,455 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am looking to relocate to Florida after finishing my Masters degree next year. I am moving from TN since I want warmer weather year round and ready for beaches instead of mountains!! Here are some of my must haves: no large city, not very tourist-y, very dog friendly (I have 2 dogs and they are my life therefore I am looking for somewhere with lots of parks, dog friendly parks, and/or dog friendly beaches), family friendly (as I will be looking to start one in the not too distant future), and as close to the beach I can get. I will have my Masters degree in HR so I am also looking for somewhere close to good employers or not too far of a drive to a bigger city. Most of the places I have researched put me on the Gulf Coast. Any thoughts / recommendations?? Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 04:15 PM

57 posts, read 113,684 times
Gulf Coast for sure, and in the northern part of the state. I'd look at towns anywhere from Pensacola down to Crystal River or so. Lots of relatively small places like that, but trying to find work in any of those small towns will be difficult. You may have to stick to the larger cities in the panhandle.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:30 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
Jacksonville has the best job market of the big cities in Florida, so I would recommend checking out that area. Look at towns such as Fernandina Beach, Neptune Beach, Atlantic Beach and Ponte Vedra Beach.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:59 PM

20 posts, read 40,916 times
SW Florida is a beautiful place to live! I love the fact that it is in between Tampa and Miami which is only about a two hour drive to each. Beaches are nice and there are lots of outdoor things to do here!

Old 04-27-2013, 10:12 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,928,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by znmm11 View Post
Hello! I am looking to relocate to Florida after finishing my Masters degree next year. I am moving from TN since I want warmer weather year round and ready for beaches instead of mountains!! Here are some of my must haves: no large city, not very tourist-y, very dog friendly (I have 2 dogs and they are my life therefore I am looking for somewhere with lots of parks, dog friendly parks, and/or dog friendly beaches), family friendly (as I will be looking to start one in the not too distant future), and as close to the beach I can get. I will have my Masters degree in HR so I am also looking for somewhere close to good employers or not too far of a drive to a bigger city. Most of the places I have researched put me on the Gulf Coast. Any thoughts / recommendations?? Thanks in advance!!
I would look into Jupiter. It's a small city with all the stores you need. The cost of living is affordable for South Florida. The ocean is beautiful and they have a nice dog beach. The population is educated and crime is very low. You are within commuting distance to West Palm Beach too.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida