Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 11:13 AM

29 posts, read 25,273 times

Advertisements

I don't smoke and never have but I support the right of those who own businesses to do as they choose. If I think the smoke is too much I have the choice of not going there. I want less government telling me what to do. Enough liberal nanny rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 11:32 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,182,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
What about those people who wish to smoke in a bar ? They have rights too. There are so few bars now that permit smoking it seems churlish of non-smokers who would probably never go in them anyway to insist on these being non-smoking.
If a Government wishes to collect tax dollars from smokers but deny them the opportunity to enjoy their smoke it's hypocrisy and cant rolled up into one big doobie and blown in the face of American freedom and liberty.
Heck,let's arm the entire population to the hilt with handguns, send our kids into battle but not give them opportunity to buy a legal drink before they die for their country and make Bud Light the biggest-selling beer in America but heaven forbid we might get a whiff of second hand smoke.Bud-Light for goodness sake !
Besides which,in my humble opinion,people who drink and smoke are generally much better company than the pecksniffian puritans turning America into a sterile,homogenized kowtowing home to subservient serfs.
I had to rep you for that. You said everything I wanted to say.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:11 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
It's a liberty. And liberty is inherently 'risky' - sorry to remind you. I appreciate and value liberty - even at my own expense or inconvenience.
"Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins"

Old 08-05-2015, 01:27 PM

228 posts, read 247,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
"Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins"
Then your nose has the right to remove itself from that business owners property. Might I suggest a certain current freedom loathing president that would appreciate your nose being near his, NM

Old 08-05-2015, 01:42 PM

264 posts, read 229,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryinsham30 View Post
Then your nose has the right to remove itself from that business owners property. Might I suggest a certain current freedom loathing president that would appreciate your nose being near his, NM
"freedom loathing President"...Get a grip.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:12 PM

228 posts, read 247,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpotterfan77 View Post
"freedom loathing President"...Get a grip.
Expanded patriot act beyond Bushes level, stricter regulations on dozens of business types without congressional approval using edict via epa and other agencies to push agenda ahead of anything else. A back door Iran deal that is beyond the scope of normal treaty yet tweaked to avert congress having a say without a veto proof majority. in case you have not figured it out yet, most liberal policy only brings freedoms to a few and enslaves the rest. The only positive out of it all is the expansion of Gay rights/right to serve.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:57 AM

264 posts, read 229,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryinsham30 View Post
Expanded patriot act beyond Bushes level, stricter regulations on dozens of business types without congressional approval using edict via epa and other agencies to push agenda ahead of anything else. A back door Iran deal that is beyond the scope of normal treaty yet tweaked to avert congress having a say without a veto proof majority. in case you have not figured it out yet, most liberal policy only brings freedoms to a few and enslaves the rest. The only positive out of it all is the expansion of Gay rights/right to serve.
I find nothing wrong with the President's agenda other than the trade deal he is working on. That is one thing I cannot agree with. Is he perfect? No. Do I like everything he does? No. However I have not really been that disappointed with his performance thus far. If stricter regulations make things safer, the air cleaner and more rights to the average worker, then I say go for it.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:14 PM

112 posts, read 259,494 times
Default quick fix

I'm a non-smoker so I would support it but until then, I simply go to bars that serve food. If they serve food, you can't smoke in there.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:42 PM

299 posts, read 377,888 times
Oh my God...... This is an old thread..... There has been no smoking in restaurants in like 20 years in Florida !!!!! I haven't been to a bar in many years so I don't know about a pure bar!!

Old 08-11-2015, 04:16 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboytampabay View Post
Oh my God...... This is an old thread..... There has been no smoking in restaurants in like 20 years in Florida !!!!! I haven't been to a bar in many years so I don't know about a pure bar!!
Then you won't understand what the thread is about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida