Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,326 times

Advertisements

whaaaaat?

Not sure if you saw the comments but it doesn't appear there's a whole lot of sympathy in Houma, Louisiana. Jeez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 05:11 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
NC is a big state with huge weather differences from one side of the state to another. Multiple climates if you will. Where we lived the heat lasted from May through September, with the highest heat June through August. I remember the people up there commenting on how half the year was too hot for them to even think about going outside. I also like the change of seasons, but I prefer the type of change of seasons Florida has over the colder winter states.

However those are my experiences based on where we lived and may not be the same for other people who lived in different parts of each state. Also my comment on the change of seasons is just what I like and I completely understand and respect differing preferences and opinions.
There is not much of a difference between Durham and Wake Counties. I lived there most of my life and most years the intense heat was in July and August. Overall I've found Florida's weather to be much less tolerable. I agree the state has big weather differences, but even the mountains in the winter is fairly mild, IMO.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:13 PM

30,430 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Snowbirders come to FLA for the winters.
Ya cause we don't have real winters. 2010 was the only real winter we have had for many years.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
It really is crazy hot right now. Today after work getting in my truck, the temp. read 105. Now, I have an hour commute and with the AC maxed, it still only got down to 89. So I rolled down the window and shut off the AC. I'd rather feel a breezy 89 than a stagnant one.

But not MA/RI, right?
No left.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:18 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
No left.
there was a blonde moment for a second and you might have heard a "huh?"

But I quickly recovered and got the joke!

Actually, I'm going to blame it on the heat!

Old 07-17-2013, 05:37 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
There is not much of a difference between Durham and Wake Counties. I lived there most of my life and most years the intense heat was in July and August. Overall I've found Florida's weather to be much less tolerable. I agree the state has big weather differences, but even the mountains in the winter is fairly mild, IMO.
You lived in Wake County? What a small world. We lived in Durham first, near The Southpoint Mall, then in a couple of different towns in Wake County, before moving down here. We enjoyed our time there very much, but could not stand the winters there and had a great opportunity to move here, which is where we always knew we would end up. We find so much more to do for outside people here than there all year long, but that is just us and I respect the opinion of those who see it differently for them.

Even though you and I differ on the weather, I absolutely respect your opinion on what you like for you. And it's so cool to know we lived in the same area up there. We can compare notes.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
there was a blonde moment for a second and you might have heard a "huh?"

But I quickly recovered and got the joke!

Actually, I'm going to blame it on the heat!
You still got a good 10 weeks of hell left. I hope we get so cold it will run a few off for good. All i can say is, this winter won't be like the last two. I will update my long range winter outlook in 2 weeks.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:21 PM

84 posts, read 167,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Storm this afternoon caused some damage at some outskirts of Tampa.
Yikes.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:25 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
As far as lightening is concerned there was someone rollerblading on the Courtney Campbell causeway several years ago who was struck by lightening and the sky was clear where he was but there was a storm behind him.

My neighbor's house was hit by lightening after the storm had passed over us.

If you live in the Tampa Bay Area, you have to be weather aware.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:20 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Just a weather fun fact for today:

NYC High 96, Low 79
Tampa High 85, Low 74.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida