Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2013, 05:43 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times

Advertisements

As a reminder a 'chat thread' is a place to discuss issues or topics that are not specific to Tampa. This portion of the ToS still applies.. Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

If you disagree with something, say so, but explain WHY.

We have an ignore feature which you should use if you find you have to make comments about other members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 12:29 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
sorry to hear about Prius's back issues.....wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy. I've been fortunate, but occasionally I've had a bad back twinge due to my own fault -poor posture and back mechanics - leading to pain keeping me from playing tennis, golf, and swimming. Normally goes away, thankfully. I abuse my back and deserve the pain -

Good luck w/ your surgery and rehab/recovery.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:59 AM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtnelson View Post
I was just driving in it. Lightning struck the side of the highway no more than 50 yards from me as I was on the Veterans. Mildly unsettling.

Snapped a pic at a light before getting on the highway.
That picture is incredible...wow. It looks like the clouds are coming up from the ground and reaching out to cover the area.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:08 AM

443 posts, read 558,540 times
It's so nasty hot outside right now. Ugh.

Thankfully, while ALL of summertime is a sauna down here (despite what certain rose-colored-spectacle-donning newcomers think), there are only a small select group of days where it's truly unbearable for any length of time out in the heat. This is one of them for me.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
That picture is incredible...wow. It looks like the clouds are coming up from the ground and reaching out to cover the area.
It was a fast moving storm. I was looking at a property with a realtor and it was sunny out. We stepped inside the office for about 5 minutes to go over some things, and I walked back outside to find half the sky was black and the clouds were hauling ass.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:19 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
About to go out by the pool an relax in the sun. What a glorious day out today. I will never take anything for granted. I plan on enjoying every minute of every day that I can.

I hope y'all do too.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
It was a fast moving storm. I was looking at a property with a realtor and it was sunny out. We stepped inside the office for about 5 minutes to go over some things, and I walked back outside to find half the sky was black and the clouds were hauling ass.
That is just crazy storms can brew up that fast. The change in weather for me is going to be interesting for sure, to say the least.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
That is just crazy storms can brew up that fast. The change in weather for me is going to be interesting for sure, to say the least.
Coming from where you're at now, yes, it'll be quite different. Sucks from June-Oct but the rest of the year it's quite nice.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Coming from where you're at now, yes, it'll be quite different. Sucks from June-Oct but the rest of the year it's quite nice.
I'm definitely not blind to the fact it is going to be HOT there. When it's crazy hot up here, I minimize my sports/activities and usually head to the beach. But...from Nov. to March/April, now that's hell to me, lol.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:51 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
I'm definitely not blind to the fact it is going to be HOT there. When it's crazy hot up here, I minimize my sports/activities and usually head to the beach. But...from Nov. to March/April, now that's hell to me, lol.
Keep in mind that not one person on the planet can tell you that it is too hot or just right for "you". Each person has their own "opinion" of what "they" like, but that does not mean it will be what "you" or "I" like. Right now I am out by the pool, laying flat, in the sun and find it perfect for summer. Others find this too hot. No one is right or wrong. We all just like different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida