Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 11:50 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,570,887 times

Advertisements

I see it here all the time, just got to go to the right areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 03:11 PM

122 posts, read 179,867 times
I take it the t/s has never been to liberty city, Miami gardens, opa locka, Riviera beach, belle glade, Sunland, or down sistrunk ave. Visit any of those places and you'll find plenty of people who's style of dress fit your description. In fact the city of Riviera beach just past an ordinance banning saggy pants within the city because so many people wear them like that there

Old 06-01-2013, 03:12 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,623,780 times
Regardless of whether it's in Florida or not....American fashion as a whole is truly horrible.

The average American generally dresses like crap. I'm not even trolling or joking. It's just awful
Whether it's baggy ghetto clothing or....walt disney tee-shirts and mom-jeans.... Americans have truly some of the worst fashion sense on the planet. I cringe when I see it. Fanny packs, ill-fitting clothing in general, socks with sandals, long basketball shorts, hoodies, ugh!

American fashion is heinous.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:58 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,838,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Regardless of whether it's in Florida or not....American fashion as a whole is truly horrible.

The average American generally dresses like crap. I'm not even trolling or joking. It's just awful
Whether it's baggy ghetto clothing or....walt disney tee-shirts and mom-jeans.... Americans have truly some of the worst fashion sense on the planet. I cringe when I see it. Fanny packs, ill-fitting clothing in general, socks with sandals, long basketball shorts, hoodies, ugh!

Depends who you are I guess. My preference of style is faded Levi's that fit (not baggy, not skin tight) and a ringer t-shirt (preferably one with a vintage ad on it, like Chevrolet or Texaco) with a pair of nike's or boots.

Of course, that's just casual, not work attire or evening attire.

I agree though, most American's wear things that are either too tight, don't fit at all, or are pretty ugly. Take a walk through a Wal-Mart and the things you say "Got that's ugly" to, are things they order based on sales and previous business.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:38 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,570,887 times
Quote:

Depends where you go, what areas of the country. I see a big mix, rural parts, flannel and sweat pants, camouflage jackets and etc.. The goofy t-shirts, "Swag" and etc are cheesy.

The worst thing I have seen here is people wearing their pajamas in public, I have seen this more than once. One time I saw a whole family in Target wearing pajamas and plush bedroom slippers, looks like they just rolled out of bed and went shopping. Thought that was more of a Wal-Mart thing, not Target...

Fanny packs are not as common as they use to be, but most people that have them here are probably packing heat or diabetic supplies.

Socks with sandals is common, especially with black socks, oversized shirts, hanging down to their knees and a lot of obese people wearing ill fitting clothing.

I have seen some sloppy dressers in my Foreign travels as well, Japanese probably dress the best but they are not fat and the clothes fit them well.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:40 PM

1,571 posts, read 1,994,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
I noticed some thing strange about Florida at least south and central Florida among blacks and Hispanics is there is lack of hood feel . In Atlanta , Jacksonville and Philadelphia and other cities on east coast there is more of baggy clothing , sagging pants , long big oversize t-shirt ,baggy pants . But in Miami and Tampa that does not really seem to be case . I wonder if the baggy look is more of American native thing where most of blacks and Hispanics in Miami and Tampa where not born in the US may be the reason why .

May be the baggy look is more thing in out side of city of Tampa proper in Hillsborough County or Pasco County more in suburbs.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Here in Pasco, I see the younger generation (not all of them) walking around with the belt loops half way down the underwear...

I'd like to have a sturdy rubber-band loaded with a hair-pin......

Old 06-02-2013, 05:32 AM

443 posts, read 555,184 times
Quote:

To be fair, I think this is true about lower/lower middle class people in every country; at least from the ones I've been to. The clothes may differ, but the overall result is the same.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:14 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,035,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Personally, I think you're crazy. It's a subculture and the same things I saw and lived with growing up in Florida is the same things I saw while living in Memphis, New Orleans, and Houston.

Of course, those are "Gulf Coast" and "Deep South" cities and not "East Coast."

Atlanta (much like most of Florida) is full of transplants too, so maybe that's the reason.
I don't want this thread to go off topic about talking about all over the US but the west coast and south west part of the US most people do not wear baggy clothes even gangs , wannabee thugs or real thugs.

It mostly in east coast and south east I have noticed . And very big in New Orleans , Atlanta , Jacksonville and Philadelphia.

Well in Tampa proper it seems it never took hold there like the east coast and south east US.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:28 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,035,041 times
Quote:

It clear you never been to Canada ,Haiti or South East Asia. Some of these places are even more casual than the US like Philippines ,Thailand ,Cambodia so on.

Has general role Mexicans in the US no matter where they live in the US and if they are dirt poor or not dress up more than blacks and whites in the US.

Even the Mexican gangs , wannabee thugs in the US dress up more than the blacks and whites.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:37 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,623,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
It clear you never been to Canada ,Haiti or South East Asia. Some of these places are even more casual than the US like Philippines ,Thailand ,Cambodia so on.

Has general role Mexicans in the US no matter where they live in the US and if they are dirt poor or not dress up more than blacks and whites in the US.

Even the Mexican gangs , wannabee thugs in the US dress up more than the blacks and whites.
Why would I go to Haiti? lol.
I was making a statement about American fashion sense. Obvi, ppl in haiti dont care about fashion cuz they're dirt poor. Most Americans AREN"T dirt poor, but still dress in fugly fashion. Sorry, but it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida