Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 12:32 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times

Advertisements

I'm heading to Florida (tomorrow!!!) to look for an apartment rental and have been on line looking for real estate agencies to use to find a rental. I dealt with two on line and they failed to follow through on the communication level and responses.

Can anyone recommend a RELIABLE real estate agent/agency? You can message me with details.

I'm looking for something between Delray Beach and Fort Lauderdale.

My daughter will be joining be at some point, as well as my grandson. So 55+ community is out of the question (which I still wouldn't consider even if they weren't joining me). I will need something convenient since she will be looking for work and possibly going to a trade school or college, and my grandson will be going to high school (14 years old)

Would appreciate any feedback on good areas. How is Deerfield Beach, Parkland, Delray Beach??

In advance, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 06:01 AM

27,200 posts, read 43,896,295 times
With a 14yo attending high school I would focus first on the better school districts. Pompano Beach High School is the best in the area and is in a central location in terms of work options for your daughter. There are some nice areas near the beach to check out for rentals in Pompano. I don't know of any agents to recommend but you might try the agents found in this link using the key word "rentals". Good luck!
“rental” Real Estate Professionals in Pompano Beach - Trulia Voices

Old 06-09-2013, 06:54 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
I had a hellava time down there in 2008 and ended up in Vero. Go to Port Royale Apartments in Lauderdale at Federal at 65th. If they are like they were in 2009, they are reliable, clean, renovated, good view, on the Intracoastal , good neighborhood and a few blocks from the beach. DO NOT RENT from a private owner unless you get excellent references from NORMAL PEOPLE with jobs who don't talk crazy. I got ripped off for $2700 in Hollywood on the beach by a psychotic home owner who had been on the Broward docket 140 times in 5 years for Landlord Tenant. A charming Sociopath. I also had agents showing me the worst properties. One duplex in Coral Ridge - I flew all the way down from Phila and it had a mattress on the ajoining apartment's porch!! The agents were very difficult to work with in 2009 hopefully it's better. Very unprofessional - even telling me to lie on my lease about pets (I had two tiny birds that counted as "pets" eyeroll).

My son lived in three different rentals 2007-2010 all foreclosed on or problems (one with mold unaddressed). But he was planning on moving back to Philly 1n 2010 after 10 years here post college.

He had a good rental house in Grandview Heights in WPB from Realtor dot com but he wanted to be able to walk downtown WPB and worked from home. That area may not be right for your situation. My mother lived in Tequesta/Jupiter and it was lovely. Agan, no idea about schools.

I ended up in Vero BEach based on finding the good AGENT online FIRST (luckily I loved the town). I had my sights on Tamarac/Lauderdale but it didn't work out. Tamarac was getting filled with renters of underwater properties with 8 people in a bungalow that only should have had 2 people at 750 square ft!

I know nothing about schools if that is the priority. You may change your mind quickly about 55+ or HOAs once you're here so DON'T BUY. If your daughter doesn't have to live with you. I bought in a 55+ when I was 54 and it was the best decision I could have made. AND we had 3 million in reserves when other HOA's were voting to not even FUND theirs.

I assume you will not have to find work, because that will be the determining factor if you do.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 06-09-2013 at 07:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida