Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 06:45 PM

18 posts, read 52,711 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with this condo complex? They look beautiful and the prices seem amazing. I can't help but think, "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is".....thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 08:38 PM

745 posts, read 1,582,359 times
is that the one on the Beach Channel? What is the HOA?

Old 06-09-2013, 10:06 PM

This is what I found:

Halifax Landing Condo is a community located at 2801 Ridgewood in South Daytona, Volusia county, Florida.
Current sales prices range from $234,900 to $265,000, with an average list price of $250,000.
HOA Fees: $355
Types of Properties: Condo
Current Average Days On Market: 69
Year Built: 2008
Community Features: community pool and riverfront

Old 06-10-2013, 11:46 AM

344 posts, read 416,613 times
You and I have different ideas about "too good to be true"! My dad lives a few blocks from this building and you could buy 3 of his houses for the price of the condo. This is a newish building that was completed as the real estate markets were collapsing. I believe it was hard to sell units there in that environment. Prices went up fast and came down hard in that area and are only now starting to trend back upward. As far as the area goes it is not a bad location but you will be a good drive from the beach. At least 10 minutes. There are two tall condo towers closer to the Seabreeze Bridge on the mainland side that were completed around the same time and may have similarly priced units.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:07 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,340,656 times
I would not live in any development on Ridgewood Ave. Period. This is one of the most blighted roads in Daytona, South Daytona, Port Orange, etc. Even when it turns into Dixie Hwy in New Smyrna it is still the same. There ARE liveable parts to the road, and we live not too far from this development that you named in South Daytona ourselves, but still, Ridgewood is just plain bad from end to end. It's far worse for sure in Holly Hill and Daytona. There is no sense of community, and unless you are fond of redneck bars, Dollar Generals, trashy trailer parks and the like (the one exception is Sunshine Plaza where there is the Publix grocery store surrounded by fast food establishments and a deteriorating mall environment) it doesn't make sense. If you just cross the bridge on Dunlawton you will be in Daytona Beach Shores, which is completely different. The subdivision adjacent to Sunshine Park on the Daytona side, going up to Nova Road, is a real gem and I would highly recommend it, but even it gets worse and worse as it goes from Nova Rd. down to Ridgewood.

Last edited by smarino; 06-14-2013 at 05:19 AM..

Old 06-14-2013, 08:51 AM

745 posts, read 1,582,359 times
I actually Ridgewood is nice in the South Daytona region. Yes the further north from there isn't great, but that area into Port Orange is fine by me.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:41 PM

Thanks....that's exactly the kind of information I'm looking for. I am not familiar with any of the areas. As a single woman I definitely don't want to blindly move into an area that could be dangerous and unsafe. Good information to investigate.

Old 12-11-2016, 05:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,420 times
what are the floor heights of each condo / high sealing's or not ?

Old 12-11-2016, 01:17 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,340,656 times
I used to live right down the road from those. It's not an all together bad area of Ridgewood (there is no real good of Ridgewood), but it's sort of a no man's land too. Nor much around there, to put it mildly. I would go across the bridge and buy in Daytona Beach Shores before I'd pay that kind of money for a South Daytona condo. You could probably buy a smaller home beach side in an older community for that price and just walk to the beach.

Jeeez, I did it again. This thread is 3 1/2 years old! I wish the mods would start tracking this because people keep pulling up these old threads for absolutely no reason at all, and a lot of the people pulling them are new members that only have one post, or a just few. Why is this happening so much all of a sudden?

Old 12-11-2016, 08:22 PM

41 posts, read 69,867 times
Its in Daytona! enough said... Worst town in Florida. Drugs, hookers, trashy rednecks, wannabe gangsters, homeless people everywhere, the list goes on. Go anywhere but here;
I work in Daytona and have driven an hour to work for the last 8 years rather than live there because its that bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida