Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:32 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,422 times

Advertisements

I think that the reason that transplants move to Florida is because the overall atmosphere and the sunshine is better than what they have in thier states....and they don't see the real bad things here because they move here in "nice" areas or "suburbs" but they really know nothing about how things were when Florida was in it's "HaY DAY"....so they form opinions based on thier pasts living ...wherever...and moving to our state for a couple a years......

example.....

this guy wanted to start a fight with me at Disney's Boardwalk hotel at the valet area... i was delivering a pizza there to the valet's and they told me to "watch out" as i turned around...so i looked and i "almost" turned into some light skinned black lady...well i said "sorry to scare you" as a southern Florida gentlemen would........she said " no problem...you're ok".....well little did i know that her husband was right there too....as soon as this all happened ...he brought his northern attitude to me and said, " You're damn right you're sorry"....so i thought he was making some kind of joke...so i walked towards him laughing and said "excuse me?"....well he said "you f-n heard me" ....so at that point i knew that things were getting serious at a Disney theme park while "I" was at work delivering pizzas......so i said " What tha f you talkin like that for?" ...

he said " you need to apologize to me" ....so i said " i apologized to your wife already and i am not apologizing to you ...and if you wanna fight ....then im ready and im here, just call this number on top of my car nigg-a" the number was to my work on my car-top...well he said..."what is your bosses name?".....i said.."his name is Jeff"....he said something out of drunkeness and said after that " This is how you do it in Florida huh?" .....i said " why dont you leave me tha F alone...or call my boss....or if you wanna swing on me then do it ...but stop talkin shi-t"...he said "i'll beat your azz"....i said " im hear but im at work so just call my work number and order a pizza from me and ill meet you and then we can fight if you feelin froggy"....then he said .." im gonna show you what it's like up north"...then his wife was grabbing him and pulling him away from me...so i got in my car and he was trying to come back at me again but still waiting for me to make a move because he knew i was working and i would get into trouble if i started a fight so he was afraid to throw a blow i guess...so then i said " i dont have time for this shi-t.....(this was while i was at work in front of disney valet and people that were waiting for thier cars)....

then i asked his wife if i actually apologized to her and she said "yes he apologized ..baby stop ...he apologized already and he didnt do anything to me.....leave him alone"...well this guy persisted as he was being pulled away from his wife...at one point i showed him my hand and asked if i was shaking or if i was afraid of him and he got pissed after that so that's why i think he continued for a long time...well he didnt do anything even though he said " I hate you mu****as from Florida...this is how you do it?" ...well yeah i guess we do it when we are on the job and still arent scared to fight you....while you are annonimous enjoying a vacation....i had way more to lose then this azzhole but he can run off into the night and never be caught after he starts crap...because i have a frigin pizza company sign on my car...what does this guy have?...nothing so if he has no way of finding him then why is he afraid to hit someone....i dont get it how people from up north think Floridians are scared .....i am sure this guy wouldnt have done anything when i was off the clock either....i hope he goes back north and realizes he got punked by a Florida boy...cuz i had alot to lose f-n with him..and he had nothing to lose starting that shi-t.....

Last edited by THASPECIAL; 11-05-2007 at 07:40 AM..

Old 11-05-2007, 09:16 AM

458 posts, read 598,472 times
What does 'northern attitude' have to do with it?

I challenge you to go to the deep south, and almost bump a drunk, good old boy's girl. I guarantee you it ends quickly, with a punch, and without the possibility of a discussion.

Go ahead to Tennessee next Sat.night, and see how great the southern hospitality is when you even look at a drunk guy's wife, let alone talk to her, whether you are apologizing for something or not.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:22 AM

975 posts, read 3,730,190 times
Again, your argument that people are saying there is no crime in Florida is a strawman. I haven't seen anyone here say that Florida doesn't have a lot of crime.

As far as conflicts, you need to learn when to walk away. You should have just ignored that guy and it would have ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
I think that the reason that transplants move to Florida is because the overall atmosphere and the sunshine is better than what they have in thier states....and they don't see the real bad things here because they move here in "nice" areas or "suburbs" but they really know nothing about how things were when Florida was in it's "HaY DAY"....so they form opinions based on thier pasts living ...wherever...and moving to our state for a couple a years......

example.....

this guy wanted to start a fight with me at Disney's Boardwalk hotel at the valet area... i was delivering a pizza there to the valet's and they told me to "watch out" as i turned around...so i looked and i "almost" turned into some light skinned black lady...well i said "sorry to scare you" as a southern Florida gentlemen would........she said " no problem...you're ok".....well little did i know that her husband was right there too....as soon as this all happened ...he brought his northern attitude to me and said, " You're damn right you're sorry"....so i thought he was making some kind of joke...so i walked towards him laughing and said "excuse me?"....well he said "you f-n heard me" ....so at that point i knew that things were getting serious at a Disney theme park while "I" was at work delivering pizzas......so i said " What tha f you talkin like that for?" ...

he said " you need to apologize to me" ....so i said " i apologized to your wife already and i am not apologizing to you ...and if you wanna fight ....then im ready and im here, just call this number on top of my car nigg-a" the number was to my work on my car-top...well he said..."what is your bosses name?".....i said.."his name is Jeff"....he said something out of drunkeness and said after that " This is how you do it in Florida huh?" .....i said " why dont you leave me tha F alone...or call my boss....or if you wanna swing on me then do it ...but stop talkin shi-t"...he said "i'll beat your azz"....i said " im hear but im at work so just call my work number and order a pizza from me and ill meet you and then we can fight if you feelin froggy"....then he said .." im gonna show you what it's like up north"...then his wife was grabbing him and pulling him away from me...so i got in my car and he was trying to come back at me again but still waiting for me to make a move because he knew i was working and i would get into trouble if i started a fight so he was afraid to throw a blow i guess...so then i said " i dont have time for this shi-t.....(this was while i was at work in front of disney valet and people that were waiting for thier cars)....

then i asked his wife if i actually apologized to her and she said "yes he apologized ..baby stop ...he apologized already and he didnt do anything to me.....leave him alone"...well this guy persisted as he was being pulled away from his wife...at one point i showed him my hand and asked if i was shaking or if i was afraid of him and he got pissed after that so that's why i think he continued for a long time...well he didnt do anything even though he said " I hate you mu****as from Florida...this is how you do it?" ...well yeah i guess we do it when we are on the job and still arent scared to fight you....while you are annonimous enjoying a vacation....i had way more to lose then this azzhole but he can run off into the night and never be caught after he starts crap...because i have a frigin pizza company sign on my car...what does this guy have?...nothing so if he has no way of finding him then why is he afraid to hit someone....i dont get it how people from up north think Floridians are scared .....i am sure this guy wouldnt have done anything when i was off the clock either....i hope he goes back north and realizes he got punked by a Florida boy...cuz i had alot to lose f-n with him..and he had nothing to lose starting that shi-t.....

Old 11-05-2007, 09:25 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
Okay, I came to this thread thinking maybe there was some positive post of substance instead it's a mini comic book view of one mid Florida incident.

Florida is the best! We came here for the sunshine, the year round golf, the fishing, and though this might surprise some of you, Florida's property taxes are far lower than what we've paid on homes in Massachusetts, Illinois and Virginia.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:46 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post

example.....

I am sorry to say, but you just added to the situation with your response. Can you tell me the upside is of what you said? Did you think he was going to say "Oh, your right, I am such a fool"? Why do you really care what he thinks of you, like maybe you are a coward or something?

First of all, you don't even know this guy and what do you care what he thinks of you? He is not part of your life, he means nothing to you, "Nothing", you can't even be insulted by meaningless people, because your don't care anything about them, yet you let him take control of you so to speak, this meaningless person.

Just refuse to play the game and if worse comes to worse, you can probably out run they guy, or it could actually come down to having to defend yourself, but that would be the last resort.

Let me tell you something, If you asked him today he probably could not even remember the incident yet it festers in you. The story and this person is not even worth your time to retell it.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:58 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
Great yet another Florida bashing thread....yawn.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:28 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
well, at least the headline showed a lot of promise!!! i love florida and i am not going to apologize!!! i will whine in the summertime, however.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:52 AM

199 posts, read 219,801 times
I can't wait to take our family walk on the beach this evening after work. Yup, Florida is the best!

Old 11-05-2007, 01:57 PM

75 posts, read 474,689 times
It's Florida and the North East's fault you got into an argument at Disney...

Old 11-05-2007, 03:02 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times
So what's with the f-word all over the place. Get a life, buddy. You must be quite the man. On Disney property no less. Geez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida