Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 12:20 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
Can we all stop arguing like that? What's that gonna lead to? There will be people for Trayvon and other for Zimmerman, and there are good reasons and points in both sides, fact. Independently of everybody's opinion, we should honor the name of the boy killed, not arguing like or politicizing guns and inciting divisions; that was a tragedy and really sad. And the laws are the laws, the constitution must be fully followed, otherwise this isn't really America anymore. Even if they're controversial and not perfect.

Note: I'm fully neutral regarding what happened...certainly don't wanna get into that kind of subject to argue...especially with a man's life basically destroyed and the boy's life over.
Why would we honor Martin? For getting shot because he attacked someone?
Did I wish it never happened? Of course but that does not mean we need to act as if he was a saint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 07:37 AM

984 posts, read 4,317,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Why would we honor Martin? For getting shot because he attacked someone?
Did I wish it never happened? Of course but that does not mean we need to act as if he was a saint.
Yes, he's no saint, and he did act wrongly...same goes to Zimmerman too, up to a certain point...but we should honor his name, and on the other side let Zimmerman in peace so he can have a chance of having a normal life somewhere...

And the main point, this case was solved, the jury decided, and this is a nation with laws and a constitution established...ideally, if the media didn't transform this almost into a circus, people should be back to normal and this matter over...

Old 07-20-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Yes, he's no saint, and he did act wrongly...same goes to Zimmerman too, up to a certain point...but we should honor his name, and on the other side let Zimmerman in peace so he can have a chance of having a normal life somewhere...

And the main point, this case was solved, the jury decided, and this is a nation with laws and a constitution established...ideally, if the media didn't transform this almost into a circus, people should be back to normal and this matter over...
How about we honor Mark Edward Marsh? He was gunned down in Sanford and didn't do anything wrong.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:59 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Impulsive as Trayvon was by letting someone provoke him into fighting with it never occurring to him that the person was not even trying to defend themself got him killed. I don't believe that zimmerman set out to hunt a black person, but it is odd that out of all of the previous calls that involved adults he decided to follow a kid.

If you are going to point out the bad chioces that Trayvon made but yet ignore the obvious ones that zimmerman made only proves your own bias towards the case as well. This is a hell that zimmerman will have to deal with for the rest of his short life of constantly looking over his back out of fear of retribution. Deep in his heart he knows that what he did was wrong and eventhough he was given his freedom by the law there is a higher power that he will have to contend with and there is someone out there more messed up then he is
when people are pointing out that he was a kid, i think they forget to point out that he was over 6 feet tall and didn't really look like a kid-even though chronologically he was a minor.

no doubt there are people out there who are more "messed up" than zimmerman, which is why the sensible people among us believe in the right to carry, the right to arm ourselves, and, above all, the right to defend ourselves and our families.

if trayvon had learned that he might well be alive today.

i think the message that needs to get out is that we all have the right to defend ourselves and that we need to ignore those who would tell us otherwise. In some black communities i think they have it particularly hard--- because they are told that they are victims, they are not to have guns to be able to defend themselves, (the liberal "guns are bad" mantra), and also not to trust the police.

where does that leave these unfortunate people when they need help??

Old 07-20-2013, 09:09 AM

984 posts, read 4,317,117 times
Quote:
How about we honor Mark Edward Marsh? He was gunned down in Sanford and didn't do anything wrong.
You clearly don't understand, this is insulting...I meant that this should be done just to calm racial tension; as the media, some people (Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, TV people, etc.) and the protests of the last week have done so much to stir up...people gotta get on with life and that's it...

Old 07-20-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
You clearly don't understand, this is insulting...I meant that this should be done just to calm racial tension; as the media, some people (Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, TV people, etc.) and the protests of the last week have done so much to stir up...people gotta get on with life and that's it...
Why should we honor someone who does not deserve it? To placate those that are making it a racial issue when it is not? That is an insult to those that were murdered when doing nothing wrong.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:31 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,360 times
Quote:
So you shoot innocent people? Good to know who we are speaking to here.
These animals get their ethics & morals from violent thug rap artist instead of from the law. Then they can't understand why they get jailed or dead for breaking laws that don't follow their thug moral code.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:48 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Where's Al Sharpton when its black on black crime? Oh, he only shows up when its white vs black... oh but then he only shows up when the white person may be the suspect or in the wrong... oh I see...

Old 07-20-2013, 04:56 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
This country just needs to get rid of it's guns and none of this nonsense would have even happened.

common sense, really.
Sounds like a plan. Right after you get rid of all the drug addicts, rapists and drunks.

If you believe Martin walked 20 minutes round trip to that store just for a can of iced tea LOL,

Articles: Trayvon Martin's Final Hour

Old 07-20-2013, 05:55 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
We have a right to protect ourselves and to be allowed to have guns is a basic right we all have.

If Zimmerman did not have his he would be dead today.

Sad that someone died but I look at this this way.

1. Why didnt Martin just go on to his Dads place instead of doubling around to sucker punch Zimmerman?
2. What laws did Zimmerman break? None that I know of.
3. What laws did Martin break? Several including assault, attempted murder etc.
4. Martin racially profiled Zimmerman first by telling his GF some goofy look white guy is following me when he had the right to follow him, he was a neighborhood watch.
5. You can follow anyone you want as long as you do not trespass or get into their space etc. As long as I stay a clear distance I can follow anyone I want. It does not give the person you are following the right to sucker punch you in the face and break your nose.
6. Look up the crimes committed this area before this happened. Pay close attention to the details of what crime it was and who did it.

Does not matter the degrees of Zimmermans injuries at all. The fact that he was attacked is all you need to know. Once attacked he has the right to defend himself at any time using any means necessary.

Martin had no right to attack Zimmerman. He threw the first punch and caused the entire mess.

Martin had a history of punching anyone he wanted and was out of control. His Mom could not handle him and sent him to his Dads.

His Dad failed to let him know that we have a neighborhood watch and we have had several break ins and issues lately so be careful.

Yes a teen is dead and we all are sad but lets not make this into an issue it is not. Zimmerman is not white, does not have the history of punching, kicking, attacking people like Martin did.

It is over, we all learned something and we need to move on. This is not a race issue and if it was it is not white v black as Zimmerman is not white at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida