Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 07:04 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,406 times

Advertisements

Florida Bans Smartphones and Computers: I, for One, Applaud This Decision | TIME.com

WOW....Apparently we are indeed ran by apes!

Can you imagine if this actually goes in effect?

Also, regarding these "internet cafe" that the rest of the world is actually full off, do they not know how easy it is to block access to certain websites? a kid can do that! why is this such a big deal exactly?

I have not seen one internet cafe in Tampa anywhere yet!? do we have any here? and what do they have aside from coffee? or is this targeting Starbucks? and Dunkin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 07:12 PM

443 posts, read 558,540 times
Florida Accidentally Banned All Computers, Smart Phones In The State Through Internet Cafe Ban: Lawsuit

Old 07-09-2013, 11:25 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,340,903 times
SOMETHING has to be done about Florida's idiotic legislature. Can we get a list of everyone who voted for this?

Why do we allow such partisan gerrymandering to ruin this fine state?

Old 07-10-2013, 03:40 AM

443 posts, read 558,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
SOMETHING has to be done about Florida's idiotic legislature. Can we get a list of everyone who voted for this?

And who votes these partisan gerrymanders into office?

Old 07-10-2013, 03:56 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post

WOW....Apparently we are indeed ran by apes!

ever consider running for office?

Old 07-10-2013, 03:57 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post

Did you actually read the bill? It does not even come close to banning all smartphones and computers and is pretty clear on it's intent.

Once again the media along with one lawyer has easily hoodwinked those that will just read one article and take it as truth.

And please explain what at all gerrymandering has to do with this.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:39 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
these cafes are about gambling and they are in special areas of town that target the poor and I believe some to be fradulent,,, meaning they never pay out, but as ususal someone is NOT paying attention, and over did it.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
these cafes are about gambling and they are in special areas of town that target the poor and I believe some to be fradulent,,, meaning they never pay out, but as ususal someone is NOT paying attention, and over did it.
So, you support the government banning all Internet cafes? You police-state guys make Florida unattractive.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Did you actually read the bill? It does not even come close to banning all smartphones and computers and is pretty clear on it's intent.

Once again the media along with one lawyer has easily hoodwinked those that will just read one article and take it as truth.
I read the amended bill. It targets Internet cafes that use regular computers to access gambling sites. The verbiage explicitly bans all networked computers that could be used in a game of chance. This covers all computers, iPhones, etc.

Read it. Stop embarrassing sane Floridians.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Saw this young woman on the subway texting ...She was as fast as a concert piano player...I have never seen human thumbs move so quickly...Her intensity reminded me of a lunatic who was totally obsessed with her phone...She was oblivious to her surroundings...I have seen the mentally ill wandering about- some tech fanatics are starting to remind me of crazy people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: