Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 02:55 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcontroller View Post
You have no clue wtf you are talking about. You have no clue what it feels like to be followed or accused of crimes that did not commit regardless of how you were dressed. Simply because you are black man.
Then fix your damn problems, starting with rap music that 99.9% of young black males listen too which glorifies crime.

I'm sick of people not taking responsibility for themselves and their actions, no matter what the race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 03:11 PM

346 posts, read 739,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Then fix your damn problems, starting with rap music that 99.9% of young black males listen too which glorifies crime.

I'm sick of people not taking responsibility for themselves and their actions, no matter what the race.
Rap doesn't glorify crime anymore, lol you people who say that stuff about rap must've only heard rap in the 90's. "Gangsta Rap" is mostly dead. I'm sick of idiots not taking responsibility as well, but even worse is when those same idiots blame other people's cultures when they don't know anything. The biggest problem with rap is that its controlled by Jews and WHITE PEOPLE now. Black music stop being controlled and produced by black people after MOTOWN and Don Cornelious, who I'm sure you don't even know who that is. White people write and produce modern RAP and put a black face up there for it to sell.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Everyone with an IQ above 50 knows that black males are much much much much much much much much much more likely to commit crimes such as breaking and entering, burglary, murder than the general public....this is a statistically established fact You can demonstrate your stupidity or slave to political correctness by denying this. Everyon, especially blacks (though I'm sure some will deny this) know this is true. So as neighborood watch, GZ was tracking the demographic most likely to commit a crime.

This doesn't mean Trayvon was doing anything wrong or intended to do anything wrong but a logical thinking person will keep a watch on him if they're doing their "job" on neighborood watch.

What happened to start the altercation or exactly what happened is debatable because only GZ can say and he has a self interest not to be truthful if he started the altercation or was beating Trayvon and then shot him. But the evidence of GZ having head injuries from the altercation and the lack of similar injuries on Trayvon make his defense of "self defense" very credible. Certainly the state didn't cross the bar of "beyond a reasonable doubt" that GZ had a right to defend himself from serious bodily harm.

I do feel tremendous sympathy for Trayvon's parents who of course cannot accept the possibiity that their son possibly was at fault though he didn't deserve death. I'm sure a civil suit will be generated with a "preponderance of the evidence" as the bar rather than "Beyond a reasonable doubt." Even a preponderance of the evidence standard could fall either way.

My hope is that black parents will teach their children to set a standard of low crime so they will not be "profiled" but I doubt it.
Are blacks more likely to commit crime? Yea sure, but are the raw numbers of people committing crime also very low? Of Course. A bad crime rate goes something like this, 50 out of 100K whites commit a crime, vs 120 out of 100K blacks. From said example, would blacks be higher? Yes the raw number is still very low. Crime in this country is blown way out of proportion, news media travels citywide, then statewide, then nationwide looking for crimes to report. Helps sell guns, security systems, and reinforces the prison industry.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:37 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300zxtwinturbo View Post
The biggest problem with rap is that its controlled by Jews and WHITE PEOPLE now.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:56 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Really was 50/50 about the outcome. But I believe the lack of real evidence the only correct verdict would be not guilty. The system is made that we would rather have 10 guilty men out free than one innocent man in jail. There is no way anyone not emotionally charged could find him guilty. No way. The Justice system worked today.

Hopefully there will be safe, non-violent protest. Any violence will just make it worse.

Wonder what Zimmermnans plans are. I would head to Canada tomorrow morning if I am him.

Bingo!

I feel terrible for TM's family though. Totally unavoidable. And to the OP who said you can get away with anything in this state, the prosecutor has only lost 2 cases out of like 80-something.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:00 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
I'm not racist whatsoever, I listen to a lot of good / conscious hip hop among others... but if this was black on black crime, it wouldn't be a story. Some ppl choose sides based on color ONLY. I dont see this huge uproar when its one color killing another of the same color. Isn't black on black crime like 82% of the crime in this country?

Old 07-15-2013, 04:18 PM

122 posts, read 181,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post

How can you say they need to fix their problems which starts with rap music and then go on to say how your sick of people not taking responsibility for themselves and their actions? thats cognitive dissonance if i ever heard it. Placing the blame on music for crime problems instead of the individuals themselves directly contradicts the point you went on to make. Especially when those problems existed before the rap genre was even created

Old 07-15-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinikal View Post
How can you say they need to fix their problems starting with rap music and then go on to say how your sick of people not taking responsibility for themselves and their actions? thats cognitive dissonance if i ever heard it. Placing the blame on music for crime problems instead of the individuals themselves directly contradicts the point you went on to make. Especially when those problems existed before the rap genre was even created
Its even funnier considering that the most popular new current rappers "Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Kid Cuddi, J Cole, ect ect" don't make anything violent or about crime at all. Violent Gangsta rap isn't listened to anymore lol. That guy is just clueless. If anything they make music against crime and violence.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
It might sound unbelievable but the only "violent" or tasteless rap that is made now is the stuff that's promoted from these major record labels. Rap is "dirtier" when its for mainstream audiences. Old School black music was screened more to not be as dirty. I'm talking about the Berry Gordy generation. Think Stevie Wonder vs. this new stuff. The producers decide what is made and released

Old 07-15-2013, 04:31 PM

549 posts, read 456,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300zxtwinturbo View Post
It might sound unbelievable but the only "violent" or tasteless rap that is made now is the stuff that's promoted from these major record labels. Rap is "dirtier" when its for mainstream audiences. Old School black music was screened more to not be as dirty. I'm talking about the Berry Gordy generation. Think Stevie Wonder vs. this new stuff. The producers decide what is made and released
You are correct: this is not believable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida