Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 04:51 PM

346 posts, read 739,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
You are correct: this is not believable.
Oh well, its 100% truth. Here is proof, ever seen non blacks riding around listening to the "gangsta rap"? Of course you have, millions of people of all races like it. That makes it a massive cash cow, so "violent rap" becomes more lucrative than poetic rap. This gets the big name promoters and record labels involved. Who runs those? Not black people. The blatant truth is that the reason black pop culture is the way it is now is because non blacks have taken over and are portraying that image because it pays. BET isn't even owned by black people anymore, and its gone downhill ever since. Now contrast that with Centric or other Black owned media like Oprah or Tyler Perry. Not "gangsta" or violent at all. Its not us glorifying that image anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 05:03 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300zxtwinturbo View Post
Oh well, its 100% truth. Here is proof, ever seen non blacks riding around listening to the "gangsta rap"? Of course you have, millions of people of all races like it. That makes it a massive cash cow, so "violent rap" becomes more lucrative than poetic rap. This gets the big name promoters and record labels involved. Who runs those? Not black people. The blatant truth is that the reason black pop culture is the way it is now is because non blacks have taken over and are portraying that image because it pays. BET isn't even owned by black people anymore, and its gone downhill ever since. Now contrast that with Centric or other Black owned media like Oprah or Tyler Perry. Not "gangsta" or violent at all. Its not us glorifying that image anymore.
Centric is owned by BET so I am not sure what you are trying to say with that and how you went with comparing rap of the 90's with rap of today and then comparing with Berry Gordy is asinine, Gordy hasn't really been involved with anything for 30 years. Where is the connection?

Old 07-15-2013, 05:37 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcontroller View Post
You have no clue wtf you are talking about. You have no clue what it feels like to be followed or accused of crimes that did not commit regardless of how you were dressed. Simply because you are black man.

Hopefully white parents and other demographics will teach their children to not believe that black people are animals. Hopefully they will teach them that there are good people and bad people in every race. Until the other side teaches the future generations this, then we will have to continue to teach our children that no matter what society will think of you as a potential criminal.

We will have to teach them to make sure they don't make any sudden movements when police run up on you to avoid a cop that is liable to get trigger happy and wrongfully shoot them. We have to continue to teach them that the price of life for a black life does not equate the value of a white person. These are the things we will have to continue to teach our children.

If George Zimmerman was black and killed a white kid. This will not even make national news. That person would be facing life in person. No stand your ground b.s. Just another day in Amerikka and people like yourself who think of other races as substandard are part of the problem.

Well said

Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 PM

87 posts, read 194,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Then fix your damn problems, starting with rap music that 99.9% of young black males listen too which glorifies crime.

I'm sick of people not taking responsibility for themselves and their actions, no matter what the race.
Hey pops. This half black Jewish kid from Toronto, Canada named Drake is the biggest star in rap followed by this rapper J Cole who talks about his struggles trying to graduate from St. John University.

Also there are plenty of black kids who grew up listen to metal, rock, and other genres of music. Kids these days listen to a combination of music not just rap. Also, whites are the number one consumers of rap music.

I bet you didn't know that most rap concerts are majority white. Keep watching your Fox News in your rocking chair believing that fabricated cesspool of hate and garbage that they feed you is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I'm not racist whatsoever, I listen to a lot of good / conscious hip hop among others... but if this was black on black crime, it wouldn't be a story. Some ppl choose sides based on color ONLY. I dont see this huge uproar when its one color killing another of the same color. Isn't black on black crime like 82% of the crime in this country?
Newsflash for the idiots who do not understand how the media controls your viewpoints. According to the Justice Dept. Statistics, 84 percent of white people killed every year are killed by other whites. Oh snap, when was the last time you got in an uproar about stopping white on white crime? In fact all races share the same stats. Why? Well the obvious is because we usually live among each other.

FACT: Whites commit the majority of the crime in America. In particular, whites are responsible for the vast majority of violent crimes. With respect to aggravated assault, whites led blacks 2-1 in arrests; in forcible-rape cases, whites led all racial and ethnic groups by more than 2-1. And in larceny theft, whites led blacks, again, more than 2-1.

The term "black on black" crime is a destructive, racialized colloquialism that perpetuates an idea that blacks are somehow more prone to violence. This is untrue and fully verifiable by FBI, DOJ and census data. Yet the fallacy is so fixed that even African Americans have come to believe it.

We do not want to get into COINTELPRO, Redlining, IRAN/CONTRA, Rico laws, Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986, and other things that the Amerikka system put in place. Oh yeah, but I am sure some of you will think every fact I stated that is backed by EVIDENCE are just fairy tales.

Food for thought, you do the dishes.

Sources:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...ables/table-43
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

Last edited by soulcontroller; 07-15-2013 at 10:26 PM..

Old 07-16-2013, 12:07 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyans12thGhost View Post
Don't you think 2-1 is pretty sad, when you consider that whites in America outnumber blacks 64%-13%
I'm glad he provided those stats. Although only 13% of the population, blacks committ 49% of all murders. Also note that those white crime stats also included Hispanics. Although I don't know the crime statistics between whites and Hispanics, I would be willing to bet that it's higher amongst Hispanics.

BTW, Soulman, I don't wish ill on anyone due to their race...just being factual and trying to use more logic than emotion and not be a slave to political correctness which is an enemy of intelligence.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:44 AM

589 posts, read 1,220,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcontroller View Post
Hey pops. This half black Jewish kid from Toronto, Canada named Drake is the biggest star in rap followed by this rapper J Cole who talks about his struggles trying to graduate from St. John University.

Also there are plenty of black kids who grew up listen to metal, rock, and other genres of music. Kids these days listen to a combination of music not just rap. Also, whites are the number one consumers of rap music.

I bet you didn't know that most rap concerts are majority white. Keep watching your Fox News in your rocking chair believing that fabricated cesspool of hate and garbage that they feed you is true.

Newsflash for the idiots who do not understand how the media controls your viewpoints. According to the Justice Dept. Statistics, 84 percent of white people killed every year are killed by other whites. Oh snap, when was the last time you got in an uproar about stopping white on white crime? In fact all races share the same stats. Why? Well the obvious is because we usually live among each other.

FACT: Whites commit the majority of the crime in America. In particular, whites are responsible for the vast majority of violent crimes. With respect to aggravated assault, whites led blacks 2-1 in arrests; in forcible-rape cases, whites led all racial and ethnic groups by more than 2-1. And in larceny theft, whites led blacks, again, more than 2-1.

The term "black on black" crime is a destructive, racialized colloquialism that perpetuates an idea that blacks are somehow more prone to violence. This is untrue and fully verifiable by FBI, DOJ and census data. Yet the fallacy is so fixed that even African Americans have come to believe it.

We do not want to get into COINTELPRO, Redlining, IRAN/CONTRA, Rico laws, Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986, and other things that the Amerikka system put in place. Oh yeah, but I am sure some of you will think every fact I stated that is backed by EVIDENCE are just fairy tales.

Food for thought, you do the dishes.

Sources:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...ables/table-43
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
You do realize Drake and Jcole both have songs with gun lyrics or associate themselves with rappers who focus solely on violent lyrics.

I remember listening to Hot 97 here in NYC the other day and the radio host was talking about the verdict and asking listeners what they thought on the issue. A lady called in saying how blacks are misrepresented in media as violent and the host agrees then proceeds to put on a ASAP rocky song where the first few bars mention guns. Really?

The delusion is strong in this one.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:51 PM

87 posts, read 194,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cee4 View Post
You do realize Drake and Jcole both have songs with gun lyrics or associate themselves with rappers who focus solely on violent lyrics.

I remember listening to Hot 97 here in NYC the other day and the radio host was talking about the verdict and asking listeners what they thought on the issue. A lady called in saying how blacks are misrepresented in media as violent and the host agrees then proceeds to put on a ASAP rocky song where the first few bars mention guns. Really?

The delusion is strong in this one.

No delusion here. J Cole and Drake wouldn't bust a grape. Drake is a constant source of laughs for everyone. Now if you said the fake Rick Ross, then I would have agreed with you. Also, other genres talking about sex, drugs, etc. Are there rappers who glorify sex, drugs, and violence? Absolutely. Is it the popular thing in music right now? Nope which was the point others were making.

Things are hipster these days and everyone too busy poppin pills, smoking weed, sipping lean, and alcohol. This also goes for all races. The main topic these days is the whole "molly" craze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm glad he provided those stats. Although only 13% of the population, blacks committ 49% of all murders. Also note that those white crime stats also included Hispanics. Although I don't know the crime statistics between whites and Hispanics, I would be willing to bet that it's higher amongst Hispanics.

BTW, Soulman, I don't wish ill on anyone due to their race...just being factual and trying to use more logic than emotion and not be a slave to political correctness which is an enemy of intelligence.
No worries, but you weren't being factual. You were spreading lies from propaganda that has been continuously beaten into your psyche for decades. I agree with you on the slave to political correctness.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:29 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm glad he provided those stats. Although only 13% of the population, blacks committ 49% of all murders.
Those numbers are not correct, because everyone knows no black person have ever killed anyone. It's just that they were all falsely arrested and prosecuted, simply because of their skin color. All crime is actually committed by white or white/hispanic people. Didn't you know that?

Old 07-16-2013, 05:47 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Those numbers are not correct, because everyone knows no black person have ever killed anyone. It's just that they were all falsely arrested and prosecuted, simply because of their skin color. All crime is actually committed by white or white/hispanic people. Didn't you know that?
If this is suppose to be humor, it isn't funny.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:05 PM

17 posts, read 27,969 times
WOW... you all are racists!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida