Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 01:42 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,924,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
I was in the Magic Kingdom years ago when it was Gay Days. I can attest to the fact that some were there to push an agenda with inappropriate behavior and clothing. I was surprised by what Disney allowed. That being said, I would have been equally upset had I seen that attire and behavior on straight people as well. The Magic Kingdom is not the place to push agendas. Keep it to a quick kiss and hand holding - EVERYONE.

Sunny-Days, I hope you were kidding about your husband reacting in violence to those people. That is sooooo not the answer. Unless they were physically hurting someone, no one has any right to hurt them. Did anyone try to say, "AHEM, please excuse us, we need to pass?" If someone did, and they still did not move, someone could have easily gone to a cast member and made a complaint so they wouldn't block an exit again. Usually though, treating people with manners and respect will deliver like responses. If anything, it, at least, sets an example.

The sores is a whole other issue. Thank God for your blessing of health and pray for those who aren't healthy. What if one was terminal and this was a final trip? We just don't know someone else's situation, whether we agree with how they're living their lives or not, to pass judgement on them. Not one of us is more perfect than another. Something I always try to remember is that I will never forgive someone more times than God has forgiven me.
That's a very nice post. I know some people can't figure this out. My Dad thinks because I'm gay that I will not be "saved", but he also understands that there are 5 billion people alive (and trillions who have come before) that won't be saved according to his particular belief system. He loves me and my fiancé unconditionally and has no issues with is showing each other affection. I hold him no I'll will. I'm a Buddhist and hold my own beliefs about what is or isn't morally right. However, aside from criminal or harmful activity, I live and let live. You clearly have love in your heart and light in your soul. Others have only darkness. I have light and am glad for it!

Old 09-21-2013, 02:03 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,888,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
That's a very nice post. I know some people can't figure this out. My Dad thinks because I'm gay that I will not be "saved", but he also understands that there are 5 billion people alive (and trillions who have come before) that won't be saved according to his particular belief system. He loves me and my fiancé unconditionally and has no issues with is showing each other affection. I hold him no I'll will. I'm a Buddhist and hold my own beliefs about what is or isn't morally right. However, aside from criminal or harmful activity, I live and let live. You clearly have love in your heart and light in your soul. Others have only darkness. I have light and am glad for it!
I'm glad your dad loves you and your SO unconditionally, but as a Christian it bothers me when I hear someone won't be "saved" because of something they do or don't do. Not one human is good enough for salvation. There hasn't ever been any perfect person yet. Salvation is a gift and never comes from anything we could ever do. Christianity drives so many people away by missing the boat on that concept. Jesus would never had said "you're gay so you're out - you're straight so you're in."

Sunny-days, I hope you can one day see that all the times you pointed your finger at others that three more fingers were pointing back at you. We should all be working on the log in our eyes before worrying about the specks in others. I don't understand why there's so much hate in your posts about this. I can understand you not liking something or believing in something, but why such anger and hatred?

Old 09-21-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
I'm glad your dad loves you and your SO unconditionally, but as a Christian it bothers me when I hear someone won't be "saved" because of something they do or don't do. Not one human is good enough for salvation. There hasn't ever been any perfect person yet. Salvation is a gift and never comes from anything we could ever do. Christianity drives so many people away by missing the boat on that concept. Jesus would never had said "you're gay so you're out - you're straight so you're in."

Sunny-days, I hope you can one day see that all the times you pointed your finger at others that three more fingers were pointing back at you. We should all be working on the log in our eyes before worrying about the specks in others. I don't understand why there's so much hate in your posts about this. I can understand you not liking something or believing in something, but why such anger and hatred?
Well, to be fair to my Dad, he does say he's not sure about the saved vs unsaved part. Regardless, I am blessed to have grown up with two loving, intelligent parents. If I had been raised by parents who were not like that, I doubt I'd be so happy and healthy!

Old 09-21-2013, 02:41 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,867,105 times
Quote:
Right? I was at a family event and an interracial couple was holding hands and shared a kiss. In front of the children! They really should respect my world view on things. Some people!

/sarcasm
Wait a minute? No has mentioned Interfacial couples here we are off topic here to the original post.

Who care about Mixed couples. We as a sociably are getting more and more blended. I was born in the 's and have 4 lines back to European descent.

What we are talking about is appropriate behavior in a family setting?

Lets not pick Fights here.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I think what you missing for example. If you or anyone lives a "Sin Full Life" and the sinner does make no attempt to right the ship, you will not be in God's Kingdom. We are saved by Grace and actually do not deserve Grace.

Are We off Topic here??????

I thought this thread was about Florida being a progressive state:

Old 09-21-2013, 03:19 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,691,162 times
What's the Magic Kingdom?

Old 09-21-2013, 03:25 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,888,834 times
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/de...magic-kingdom/

Old 09-21-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I think what you missing for example. If you or anyone lives a "Sin Full Life" and the sinner does make no attempt to right the ship, you will not be in God's Kingdom. We are saved by Grace and actually do not deserve Grace.

Are We off Topic here??????

I thought this thread was about Florida being a progressive state:
Yes. Go argue that your brand of god is the right one as opposed to the thousands of others who says their brand is the right one in the Religions forum.

Not exactly off topic. Certain posters here are demonstrating just how socially backward people in this state can be.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Yes. Go argue that your brand of god is the right one as opposed to the thousands of others who says their brand is the right one in the Religions forum.

Not exactly off topic. Certain posters here are demonstrating just how socially backward people in this state can be.
" My Brand of God" Interesting.
The Bible clearly states this and if you do not believe go and look it up. You seem to have a beef with God. I do not know you on a personal basis, but there must be something in your life that causes such strife in your life.
The Holly Sprit must be stirring in some way. I pray and hope that your trial will pass.

I suggest you read about Paul. Paul hunted Christians down and the Lord changed him. Its not up to me to convert you, but its up to plants seeds. Martin Lutheran had a interesting Quote and I think this applies.
"its not for man to intrepid the Bible, but its man duty to read the Word of God" Meaning the understand will come from the Holly Sprit and God.

God and Jesus loves everyone, even as flawed as we as humans are.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:00 PM

Default elections have Consqences and failed polices

Going forward, its seams the Presidents polices have failed and balance budget and smaller Gov. When the Election cycles turns once more, will see more of a Conservative turn as History dictates.

The Economy will gain real steam with real wages there will be less people lined up for that Assistance check. Capitalism will return.

The voters are tired of self serving Politian's from both sides and change is in the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida